Chapter 21

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

Jennie walked into school, heading straight to her locker and opening it up. 

"Hey!" The brunette jumped and whipped her head around to see Nayeon wearing a bright smile on her face. Jennie groaned and leaned her head on the lockers. 

"How could you be so full of energy on the first day back?" Jennie asked and straightened herself up to get her books out. 

Nayeon shrugged. "Not sure. But I think it has to do with the three cups of coffee I had in the morning." She spoke all jittery and fast. The raven haired rocked back and forth on the heels of her feet, not being able to stand still. 

"You had three cups?!" Jennie exclaimed. "Your body comes crashing down on only one." She gave her best friend a concerned look, but Nayeon just waved her off. "It's fine. I'm fine. Now are you fine? Because I'm not fine." She jumbled on. 

Jennie sighed and shook her head. "I'm tired already." She responded, already knowing what Nayeon was trying to ask. 

They both headed towards Nayeon's class first, Jennie wanting to safely drop her off so Nayeon doesn't end up wandering the halls aimlessly for an hour. 

"I'll see you at lunch." She called out after her friend as she dashed into the room.

Settling into her seat, Jennie took her textbook out and flipped open to the correct page, reading ahead. The teacher had already begun talking, but she decided to zone him out since she already knew what they were going to do. 

"Psst." 

She felt a nudge on her arm and turned around with a irritated expression on her face. But that changed into confusion as she saw Joy's face. 

"Uhm, Joy?" She asked, unsure. Up until this point, the brunette didn't even realize that she had a class with her. It was funny even, since Jennie had never seen the redhead without a certain Park Chaeyoung to the left of her, and Yeri on Chaeyoung's other side.

Joy nodded her head and scooted her chair closer to Jennie. "So, you had your first time over the break, huh?" She asked and Jennie turned even more confused. "Excuse me?"

Joy rolled her eyes. "You're being so obvious right now. Of course you did it. You know, I always knew that you never did it before but I can't believe that it was with Lisa." She went on and Jennie got a hint of what she was talking about. 

"Wait-What are you talking about?" Jennie said alarmed. Joy stopped and looked at her with an obvious expression. "Uhm, you doing the dirty?" 

Jennie widened her eyes and her cheeks immediately turned red. "What!" 

"Miss Kim, if you want to stay in my class I advice you keep your volume down." the teacher glared at her through his glasses. Jennie timidly nodded her head before whipping her head around to Joy again. 

"What." She whisper yelled and Joy shook her head at her antics. "Come on, the whole school has been buzzing about it. Now will you tell me or no?" 

"I-No!" Jennie denied quietly. "So you won't tell me?" "No-I mean-Ugh." Jennie ran her fingers through her hair and groaned. She felt her cheeks burn from how embarrassed she was at the moment and wanted the ground to crack open and swallow her whole.

"Nothing happened between Lisa and I, and what do you mean the whole school is buzzing about it? " Joy furrowed her brows hearing that. "That's bull. Someone said they saw you two doing it in the back of a car." She explained, ignoring the second part of Jennie's sentence. 

"What-No-Stop talking about it." Jennie stuttered and turned back to her textbook. Joy snickered. "Ah, I guess I was wrong then." 

"Yes, you were." Jennie agreed quickly. Joy shook her head. "Well, good luck explaining it to the rest of the school." She patted her shoulder and scooted her chair back to her assigned seat. 

Jennie groaned again and put her face down onto her open textbook, after taking off her glasses.

"Me and Lisa...did it?" She quietly questioned herself and mentally squealed before shaking her head.

Feeling her body reach the lowest physically possible level, Nayeon whined as she trudged her feet aimlessly through the suddenly huge hallway. It was now the second class and Nayeon had a free period. 

"God, why did I drink three cups of coffee?" She complained to herself. 

"Woah, are you okay?" She looked up tiredly to see a worried Jisoo standing in front of her. Nayeon shook her head. "Not really, I'm having a caffeine crash." 

Jisoo chuckled. "You chugged down coffee in the morning, didn't you?" She said knowingly and took hold of Nayeon's hand, leading her out of the hall.

"Come on, let's go and get you some water." 

Nayeon didn't respond after that, too focused on the feeling of Jisoo's hand in her own. "Wow, her hand's soft." Nayeon shook her head slightly, trying to get out of her trance and opened to reply to Jisoo, but the sight in front of her made her gasp. 

Chaeyoung was standing at the end of the hallway, with her minions Joy and Yeri on each side. The head cheerleader had her arms crossed over her chest and a death glare in her eyes. 

"Ah." Nayeon let out a squeak and tried to rip her hand out of Jisoo's and just vanish in thin air, but all her energy had gone away. 

"Oh my god, I'm going to piss myself. I'm going to piss myself holding Kim Jisoo's hand! I'm going to piss myself holding Kim Jisoo's hand while standing in front of Park Chaeyoung!" 

"Nayeon?" "I-I have t-to go to the b-bathroom." She stuttered out pathetically and gave Jisoo a miserable smile before turning right around and waddling off.

Jisoo frowned and turned around to follow her, but Chaeyoung's voice rang out. 

"Shouldn't you be in class right now?"

The raven haired got chills all over hearing that cold voice. Jisoo felt her heart rate pick up rapidly and she silently cursed herself for still being so affected by Park Chaeyoung.

"I-I have a free period right now." Jisoo put her hands in her pockets and looked down. 

Chaeyoung's glare turned into an amused smirk. "Great." 

Stepping to the left, Lisa crouched down slightly and jumped up, releasing the basketball straight into the net.

Hearing a few claps, Lisa turned her head to see a girl sitting on the empty bleachers. "That was impressive."

"Thanks." Lisa responded, ignoring her confusion as to why she was in here after school. Almost everyone knew that Lisa liked to practice in the gym after hours, so why was this girl in here?

To answer her questions, the unknown girl stood up and walked over to Lisa.  

"I'm Sunmi." Sunmi stuck out her hand and Lisa took it, smiling back at her. 

"I'm Lisa." The older girl scoffed. "I know who you are." Lisa furrowed her brows. "But I haven't seen you around school before." Sunmi chuckled. "Well I'm in college I'm afraid."

Lisa nodded her head and dribbled the basketball lightly, wanting to get on with her practice so she could go over to Jennie's.

"So what are you doing around here?" She asked. Sunmi looked around at the gym before answering. "Well-" She looked Lisa up and down, biting her lip slightly. "Word's gotten around that you're a star, so I came on behalf on some other girls who are looking to play with you." She said and walked closer to Lisa. 

"If you want, come to the park near the campus." Lisa backed up and nodded. "I-I'll see." She said unsurely. 

Did some college kids really want to play with her? Was she just going to make a fool of herself by showing up? 

"And by the way-" Sunmi walked beside her, and leaned in to her ear, adding the last part in a whisper. 

"I'm cheering for you."

She bit her lip and waved goodbye before exiting the gymnasium.

Lisa shook her head at her antics and continued on practicing, with confusion in her head. 

After a couple more shots and plays, the silver haired woman heard her phone ding from where she left it. 

Jogging over, she smiled widely seeing that it was Jennie who texted her. 

 

"Are you coming over? I already got a movie up. Just waiting for you😤" 

 

-Jennie ✍️

 

Lisa's cheeks hurt from the sudden stretch, but Lisa didn't mind as she quickly packed up her bag and headed out without washing up. She could just shower at Jennie's house. 

"Lisa!" 

Ella exclaimed as she opened the door to find her favourite person. She jumped up for a hug but Lisa backed away. 

"Ooh, sorry. I just played basketball and didn't freshen up." 

Immediately Ella's face turned into one of disgust. "Ew." She commented and turned around, forgetting all her excitement and joy of seeing Lisa. 

The silver haired opened in offence. "Hey!" She exclaimed, but Ella interrupted her. "Unnie is upstairs." She turned around. "Make sure you shower before doing anything weird with her." 

Lisa closed and smiled, her mood already brightening up because of the mention of the brunette. 

"Thanks." She called out after Ella who went back onto the couch to continue to watch her show.  "No problem." She said through a muffled mouth full of chips. 

Climbing up the stairs, Lisa opened the door to the older girl's room to see her lying down in her bed, movie already up on her laptop. 

"Hi." Lisa said and Jennie turned her head to see a sweaty Lisa still in short shorts and a jersey. "Hey." Jennie replied back, feeling her breath being taken away from the sight in front of her. 

Trailing her eyes down those legs, the brunette had trouble forming her next sentence. So she got out of her bed and walked towards Lisa, cupping her face and leaning in for a kiss. 

Lisa gladly leaned in as well until she realized that she was sweaty. 

"Wait-" The taller girl put her hand on Jennie's mouth. "Let me clean up first. Can I use your shower." 

Jennie pouted, but nodded. "Fine. But hurry, otherwise I'm starting it without you." 

Lisa grinned and gave Jennie a little peck on her cheek as compromise before rushing in to her bathroom. 

After showering, they both were laying in the brunette's bed as they watched the film. 

"So, did anything exciting happen today?" 

Jennie asked Lisa as she turned to face her. Lisa smiled and put a lock of hair behind her ear before remembering that she had to answer. 

"Well, when I shooting around, this girl from college came up to me." 

Jennie furrowed her brows and unconsciously moved closer to Lisa. "Yeah?"

"Mmhm, she told me that a few of the kids wanted to have a match with me sometime in the park near campus." 

Jennie looked up surprised. "Woah, that's cool." She said, impressed that college kids wanted to play with a high schooler. 

"Yeah, but I don't know if I should go or not." Lisa sighed. 

"I think you should. It will be fine whether you win or lose. It'll be a learning experience." Jennie encouraged the younger girl. 

"I guess, but you're coming with me." 

Lisa obliged. Jennie grinned. "Of course I will. I'll be your own personal cheerleader." 

The silver haired girl rose one of her eyebrows. "Really?" She asked as she slowly turned Jennie onto her back and hovered over her. 

"My own personal cheerleader?" Lisa whispered as she leaned down closer. 

Jennie's cheeks turned a tint of red as Lisa got closer to her. 

"I-" She stuttered and Lisa smirked, knowing what kind of effect she had on her. 

"The school thinks we had !" 

The brunette blurted out in panic. 

Lisa widened her eyes in shock over what Jennie just yelled and lost strength in her arms, falling onto Jennie and hitting her forehead into the brunette's glasses. 

They both groaned in unison as Jennie rubbed her nose and Lisa her forehead. 

"Why would you say that? Why would everyone even think that?" Lisa exclaimed. 

Jennie's cheeks turned even redder with embarrassment. "I-I don't know!" 

A silence passed over them and they slowly looked into each other's eyes. A few seconds pass before they both burst out in laughter.