Chapter 20

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

AN:

I wish you all a very late Happy New Year paired with a very very late Christmas update. 

"Lisa. Lisa, wake up." The silver haired woman groaned and shut her eyes even tighter. Twisting around in her bed, she forced herself to go back to sleep until she identified the voice that was calling out to her. 

"Mom?" She questioned with a hoarse voice, cracking open her eyes to see her mom hovering over her with a gentle, but tired smile. "You're here?" She asked, still half asleep. "Yep. Here for the holidays." Her mom responded and patted Lisa's head. 

"Now get up. It's Christmas tomorrow so we have to go shopping." She said before straightening up and leaving the room. 

Lisa groaned again and tossed around in her covers before reaching over to the nightstand to check her phone. She ignored the other messages and went straight to Jennie's. 

 

"Merry Christmas Eve!!!❤️❤️"

 

-Jennie✍️

 

Lisa smiled droopily and replied back before getting the covers off of her and hopping out of bed. 

The captain only freshened a bit and headed downstairs, becoming surprised at the sight of her mom in front of the stove, cooking. Before she could open to say something, her mom turned around and put down a plate full of pancakes. 

Lisa took a bite of it and smiled, but secretly grimaced. They didn't exactly taste like pancakes, but she wasn't going to complain to her mom. She couldn't blame her either, she must have gone without cooking for several months. 

"Alright, now hurry up dear. We have until tonight to buy everything because we have to go to Christmas Eve dinner." Her mom reminded her and urged her to finish up her breakfast. Lisa sighed. 

Her mom had finally come back and they have to go out and buy gifts instead of just catching up with each other. But Lisa didn't complain. She would happily take whatever time she has with her mom. 

Pushing her plate aside with the excuse, "I'm not really that hungry", Lisa hopped up the stairs and took a quick shower before throwing on sweatpants and a hoodie, wearing a thick coat over that. 

"Hurry, hurry." Her mom said when she reached the front door, and they both headed out. 

"Dear God." Lisa whispered out, staring at the various stores in the mall with fear. It seems that everyone was behind on shopping, as various bustles moved in and out at slow paces. 

Without getting a chance to assess the situation further, her mom pulled her by the wrist and took her to the nearest store. "We need presents for all of your aunts and uncles, including the young ones." Lisa vaguely heard her mom because of the chaos, but nodded. 

"So, I'll take care of the adults. You're in charge of your cousins." Lisa received her order and nodded before heading out and into another place. 

Walking through the aisles, she made a mental checklist. She would have to buy gifts for Bambam, Sorn, Ten, Lucas, and her older cousin, Nichkhun. And that was only her mother's side of the family. 

She shuddered to think of the others that would also be arriving. Her other side was a little too involved, she thought. 

Her dad had left since she was young, so she never had a chance to really connect with him, leaving very awkward reunions with his side of the family. 

Quickly picking out random things from the shelves, she checked out and walked out of the store, immediately seeing a certain brunette. 

Lisa widened her eyes as she spotted Jennie in front of her, with her hand holding her sister's. 

"Jennie!" The captain exclaimed and rushed over to them. Ella noticed her first, as she opened and began to jump up and down. "Lisa!" 

At that, Jennie turned and saw the silver haired woman walk up to her. 

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked with a hug and a kiss on the cheek to Jennie. The brunette smiled. "Mom needed some last minute things for the Christmas party tonight. Even though it's just us." Jennie explained, holding up the bag of supplies. 

Lisa chuckled and held up her own bag. "Well my mom came back, only for us to go on a shopping spree for the Christmas reunion." She said in a monotone voice. The younger girl looked around before turning to Jennie and Ella with a smirk. 

"Since she's nowhere around, how about we grab some hot chocolate." She suggested and Ella cheered. "Yay! Let's get some hot chocolate Unnie." She tugged on Jennie's hand and Lisa gave Jennie a hopeful look. 

"Fine." The brunette agreed and they all headed towards the small kiosk that sold hot chocolate.  Walking up, Lisa ordered three and took out her change before Jennie could have the chance to object. 

Sensing that the brunette would open , Lisa put her hand up. "Don't worry about it, it's just hot chocolate. And I'd like to treat my girl." She added on cheesily. Jennie rolled her eyes, but still felt a small blush appear on her cheeks.

Ella made a disgusted face. "Yuck." She said and they both laughed. "Sorry we're disgusting you." Lisa apologized and playfully ruffled up her hair.

"Here you go. Three steaming hot chocolates." The young guy said, placing them on the counter. They each grabbed one and thanked him with a smile, heading to one of the benches. 

"So, you ready for your Christmas presents?" Lisa asked Ella, who was busy blowing aggressively on the hot chocolate so it could cool down. "Yep." She nodded excitedly. "I asked for the latest phone." She said. 

Lisa furrowed her brows and looked up to Jennie. "A phone?" She mouthed to her in disbelief. Jennie just shrugged her shoulders. 

"Well, I'm looking forward to giving you your present." Lisa said to Jennie and gave her a subtle wink. "And I'm looking forward to giving yours." She nudged her shoulder playfully. 

They talked a little more until they heard a throat clearing above them. Lisa widened her eyes and lifted her head to see her mom standing over them with a stern look. 

"You're done your shopping already?" She asked Lisa, who gulped. "Uhm, mostly." She replied as Jennie and Ella both stared on in confusion. Sensing the weird atmosphere, Lisa introduced them. 

"Uhm, mom this is Jennie and Ella. Jennie, this is my mom." She said awkwardly. It took a second for the information to process in Jennie's mind, but when it did she nearly spat out the hot beverage as she stood up and bowed. 

"O-Oh, I'm Jennie, Miss Manoban." She said, bowing repeatedly. "And this is my younger sister Ella." She yanked her up and forced her to bow as well. Lisa chuckled at the two while her mom stared at them in confusion. 

"It's nice to meet you, but Lisa here is running late so she can catch up to you later. Come on." Lisa frowned, but obeyed her mom as she said goodbye to Jennie and Ella before walking out. 

Sitting on the kitchen table with her two cousins on either side, Lisa sighed and took another bite of her dinner. 

"Quit it Lucas." She heard Ten speak from beside her as his brother poked him on the side. "Make me." He spoke tauntingly and took another sloppy bite from his plate. 

"Mom! He's bothering me!" Ten called for his mom who was in the dining room, eating with the other adults. "Lucas stop!" She called out, almost like a response.

"So, your school year going good so far?" Bambam asked from her other side. Lisa smiled and nodded. Bambam was the only cousin that she could tolerate from her mother's side. Sorn was alright too, but she would always be talking about dumb things. And Nichkhun was always seated at the grownups table since he was considered mature enough. That and he already finished college. 

"It's great. Fantastic even." Lisa replied with an automatic smile appearing on her face, thinking about a certain brunette. 

"Ooh?" Bambam perked up seeing that certain look on Lisa's face. 

"Tell me more." 

"Dear God." Jennie laughed at her parents who sighed out in unison while watching Elf. "Why would he eat that for breakfast?" Chaerin spoke up, agitated by the scene on the TV.

"Mom, relax. Just a movie." Jennie reminded her and grabbed another gingerbread cookie from the plate on the coffee table. 

"Just saying." Her mom replied. 

"Ooh, can we watch The Grinch after this?" Ella begged from her spot, cuddled up beside Jennie.  Both of her parents groaned quietly. 

"Of course we can." Jennie agreed, but her parents objected. "No Ella, it's already passed your bedtime and it's been a long day." Her dad said and stood up, taking Ella into his arms. 

"What? But I'm not sleepy-" She began to protest but was interrupted. "Don't worry Ella, tomorrow we'll watch whatever you want." Jennie compromised and Ella happily went upstairs.

Jennie then quietly went to where her coat was and grabbed it, almost putting it on. "Where do you think you're going tonight?" Chaerin spoke from behind her. The brunette jumped in surprise and turned around with a sheepish smile. 

"Uhm, I wanted to give Lisa her gift tonight. If that's alright." She crossed her fingers behind her back, hoping her mom would say yes. Chaerin sighed and shook her head, taking another sip of her hot chocolate.

"Fine." Jennie smiled brightly and hurriedly put on her coat. "But you have to be back within the hour." She nodded and rushed to put on her boots. Jennie opened her door to the chilly winter night, saying "I love you!" to her mom before heading out to the car. 

Feeling her phone buzz in her pocket, Lisa took it out and smiled as she saw it was Jennie.

 

"Merry Christmas. I've got present right here, so meet me a block away from your house ;)" 

 

-Jennie ✍️

 

Lisa shook her head at Jennie's antics, but still listened to her. Looking around, she checked to see if anyone was paying attention before leaning over and whispering to Bambam.

"I need you to cover for me while I'm gone, alright?" He gave her a confused face, but a thumbs up. Lisa smiled gratefully and snuck out of the family room, heading out the back door. 

After walking a block, she spotting Jennie's car and jogged up to it, lightly knocking on the window. 

"Hey, Jen." Lisa said and leaned down for a sweet kiss. "Come on, get it before you catch a cold." Jennie said and unlocked the car. 

After getting inside, Lisa rubbed her hands together, feeling cold from the frosty weather. While she was busy doing that, Jennie gave her a kiss on the top of her head and reached to the back seat to get the small bag. 

"Here you go." She smiled and handed it over. Lisa gratefully took and looked inside, already loving her gift. 

"No way." She excitedly took it out of the bag and squealed. 

"I can't believe you actually got this for me." The younger girl said in disbelief, as she looked at the jersey in her hands. 

Turning it around, she became even more shocked seeing her name printed on the back of it. "I know you always wanted one of these, besides your team's, so I just looked online and-" "Thank you." Jennie was interrupted by the bone crushing hug that Lisa brought her into. 

After releasing Jennie, Lisa sighed and fumbled around in the pocket of her coat. "Well, now I'm not sure if my gift will live up to that one. Jennie scoffed. "Oh please. It was just a basketball jersey." They both laughed at that. 

"Well, since I know you love art so much, I got us two tickets to the upcoming art exhibit which will also feature the artist coming in and speaking." She said and pulled out her two tickets. Jennie opened in shock, feeling all her words get out of . 

"Holy ." She said quietly to herself, but with the silence in her car, Lisa heard as well and laughed. "I guess that means you'll go with me?" 

"Of course!" Jennie exclaimed and threw her arms around the taller girl, locking their lips together.