Chapter 18

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Lisa, I really like you but you have to let go of me." Jennie said, trying to get out of the death grip that Lisa had her in. 

"What? Noooo." The basketball player tugged Jennie closer to her and kept her in an embrace. She rested her chin on top of Jennie's, holding her tight. The brunette chuckled and left a trail of kisses along the expanse of Lisa's neck. 

Giggling, the younger girl pulled back. "Stop, I'm ticklish." She said and let go of Jennie. The brunette smirked hearing that. "That's great to know, so I could do this." She tugged Lisa close and nuzzled her face in the crook of Lisa's neck. 

"Stop." Lisa giggled more and pulled away, holding Jennie's face in her hands so she doesn't do it again.

The brunette playfully pouted, but a passing by student pulled her out of her trance. 

"Hey, you have a test to get too!" She exclaimed and took Lisa's hands off of her face. Lisa huffed. "I don't wanna write it." She complained and Jennie just gives her a reassuring smile. 

"I give you my word that you'll pass. All this prepping wasn't for nothing." She turns Lisa around and pushes her towards the classroom door. 

"Fine, if you say so." The younger waved Jennie goodbye and went to her classroom. Jennie waved back and chuckled when Lisa was out of sight. 

Feeling silence creep up onto her, she gazed around the hall to find everyone silently staring at her. The brunette felt embarrassment rush in and she lowered her head, shuffling somewhere else.

Since she had a free period this afternoon, Jennie decided that she should visit the library which  was just across the street instead of the school one.

The brunette took her jacket and put it on, going outside in the cold weather. Jennie shivered as a gust of wind blew past her. "It's getting colder and colder." She commented to herself and was grateful when she finally reached the doors of the library. 

Swinging it open, she smiles as the warm air and smell of books hits her. Jennie takes off her jacket and carries it in her hand wandering down the numerous aisles, trying to find a good book she could potentially become obsessed with for the next couple of weeks. 

"You know, a good place to start would be the mystery aisle. It has the best books in stock right now." Jennie furrowed her brows and looked up beside her, seeing a guy stand beside her with a smile.

The brunette stepped back a little and gave him a tight lipped smile. "Maybe I should." Jennie said, only trying to be polite so she could back in the safe sanctuary of her mind and be alone with her thoughts.

The boy's smile grew wider. "Do you...need any help?" He asked with a different, more suggestive tone in his voice. Yeah, Jennie couldn't be polite anymore. "No, I'm good." She responded curtly and turned around to sit at one of the empty tables. 

There was no giving up for the guy as he jogged and stood in front of Jennie's way. "Come on, I'm sure I can find you a great book." He kept a smirk on his face that he probably thought was y, but Jennie felt like slapping it off of his face.

Jennie continued walking, only for him to start walking backwards, his eyes still focused on her. When she couldn't take it anymore, Jennie stopped and huffed. "Listen, I'm just really not in the mood for this right now. I'm sure you're a great guy, but I'm fine, honestly." 

The boy's smile got wiped off of his face. He scoffed and crossed his arms. "Like I really wanted to be with you anyways." He spit out and walked away. 

Jennie scrunched her face up in confusion, but didn't question it further. "Boys." She mentally said to herself in exhaustion. Jennie heard a small 'ding' go off and she patted down her pockets for her phone.

Finding it, she pulled it out and turned it on.

 

"Hey, where are you? You weren't waiting for me outside😢"

 

-Lisa 💓

 

Jennie's face brightened when she saw that it was Lisa. Sending a quick reply that she was in the library across the school, she didn't have to wait long to hear another 'ding'. 

 

"I'm coming there!" 

 

-Lisa 💓

 

Jennie giggled at how cute Lisa must have looked while typing that out excitedly, and put her phone down onto the table.

Sitting down as well, she cracked open a book that she had found quite interesting on the shelf. She read through a couple of pages until a loud shuffling noise was heard.

Looking up, she saw Lisa entering with her arms wrapped around herself, slightly shivering. Jennie frowned when she noticed that she wasn't wearing a jacket. 

Finally spotting the brunette, Lisa rushed towards her. "I wrote the test!" She whisper yelled, realizing she was in a library. Jennie mirrored her excitement. "How do you think you did?" She asked and Lisa took a seat beside her before answering. 

"It was pretty easy and straight forward. I managed to answer all of the questions, but there might be couple wrong." Lisa explained. Jennie nodded and put down her book, not without bookmarking where her page was of course.

"That's amazing." She opened her arms up and Lisa immediately dove into them. They both tried suppressing their giggles as heads began to look up at them. 

"So, will you do anything I say now?" Lisa leaned in for a kiss, but Jennie leaned back and placed her finger on Lisa's awaiting lips. 

"Woah, slow down hotshot. I said if you pass, I'll do anything. Not if you think you'll pass." She objected and Lisa pouted. "You're no fun." The brunette merely shrugged playfully before leaning in for a sweet kiss.

"Can we at least celebrate a little?"

"So anyways, after I tell him I'm not interested, guess what he says?" Jennie took another bite of her share of pie. Lisa copied her and shrugged, still chuckling at what Jennie was saying. 

"He said he didn't want to be with me in the first place." Jennie spoke around a mouthful of pie. Lisa laughed hearing that. "Damn, it must be tough getting shot down like that. I'm not sure how that feels." 

Jennie looked up, surprised, but not surprised at all at the same time. "Let me guess, no one has ever shot down the wonderful Lisa Manoban?" Lisa smiled proudly and shook her head. "Nope." 

Since Lisa had her test last period, they both were let out of school and decided to go to a small diner to have a quick meal.

They were currently sitting in front of each other, with a classic vanilla shake, with two straws, and a slice of pie that was far too big for either of them to eat on their own. 

Jennie playfully rolled her eyes at the smug attitude Lisa was showing. "Whatever." She said and swallowed her bite.

Lisa rose one of her brows and leaned in. "Did you ever get shot down by someone?" She asked curiously. "No." Jennie said quickly and Lisa laughed at the slight panic on the older girl's face. 

"I have never been shot down before because I'm never the one to go ask someone out. Usually they would be the ones to do it." Jennie explained and Lisa narrowed her eyes, nodding. 

"That's big bottom energy." She whispered to herself. Jennie furrowed her brows. "What?" "N-Nothing." Lisa stuttered and cleared , silently scolding herself for saying that aloud.

Jennie eyes her suspiciously, but zoned everything out as she focused on the pie and took another bite. 

Lisa was about to speak, but her phone began to buzz, pulling Jennie's attention back. "Who is it?" She asked, swallowing. The captain shrugged and pulled out her phone, seeing Jisoo's contact on the screen.

She looked at Jennie apologetically and the brunette smiled and nodded. Answering the call, she was taken back by the odd silence. 

"Jisoo?" Lisa questioned. Usually the older girl would be yelling or screaming through the phone by now. 

"Something happened and I don't know if I should feel happy or neutral." Jisoo said through the line. Lisa scrunched her face up in confusion. "What happened?" 

She heard a loud sigh and Jisoo spoke soon after. "I-Can you just come over?" "Of course." Lisa hung up and put her phone in her pocket. 

"Sorry Jennie. Jisoo just called and I think she's gotten herself if some sort of trouble, again." Lisa began to clean up and felt around her pockets to find some change. Before she could take out a few bills, Jennie interrupted. 

"Nu-uh, I told I would pay for the next time we ate out, and it's now." Jennie took out her money and put it down on the table. She stood up and Lisa mirrored her actions.

"And it's fine. I probably had to get home so I could watch over Ella, my mom has to go to work in a few." She reached up and gave Lisa a peck on her lips before smiling and turning around. 

Lisa giggled, but remembered something. "Wait!" Jennie stopped and looked at her with a confused expression. "Uhm, I was just thinking that maybe tomorrow we can-I don't know-have dinner together?" She asked shyly. 

Jennie laughed and smiled brightly. "Is that your way of asking me out on another date?" Lisa nodded. "Then of course, but leave the preparations to me." The brunette said and gave Lisa another kiss before leaving.

"So, what's up Jisoo?" Lisa asked as soon as she entered her house. Jisoo sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. 

"Well, Chaeyoung texted me, asking if I wanted to go out with her." She said. Lisa looked at her with a confused expression. "Shouldn't you be happy?" 

Jisoo sighed once again. "Exactly!" She exclaimed. "But I'm not." She said, upset. Lisa rose one of her eyebrows. "So you don't like her anymore?" 

"Yes-No-I don't know." She whined. and laid down beside Lisa, burying her face in a pillow. Lisa smiled sympathetically and patted Jisoo's head. 

"Don't worry. I'm sure you'll figure this out. And remember, stay true to your instincts, even though they are questionable." Lisa teased and dodged the hand that had been raised to smack her.

"I guess. I mean I really like Chaeyoung, but Nayeon is amazing too. And I don't wanna hurt anyone." He voice came out muffled, but Lisa still heard. 

"If you really want my opinion, I would stay with Nayeon-and not just cuz she's Jennie's best friend." She explained, already sensing what Jisoo would object with. "But because Chaeyoung didn't care until she found out that you were seeing someone else. If she was really into you, she would have taken the chances that you had given her before." 

Jisoo lifted her head up and nodded. "That's true." 

Lisa smiled at her. "Don't stress about it too much. We have a game coming up soon and I don't want one of the best players to be trash." Jisoo scoffed. "Please, I'll bring my A game no matter what. So you better do too." 

"Aye aye. Captain." Lisa saluted and they both chuckled. 

A moment of silence passes and Jisoo looks over at Lisa. 

"Spongebob?" "Yes."