Chapter 32

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Whoo!" 

The loud group cheered and their drinks clashed together, taking a big sip out of their milkshakes. 

There was laughing and cheering all around as the basketball team gathered around for their last meeting before their last game of the year. 

"C'mon Lisa, we need a speech!" Jisoo patted her friend on the back roughly and Lisa, who was sipping on her shake, coughed abruptly. 

"Are you trying to kill me, Chu?" Lisa asked with a hoarse voice after she recovered from her coughing fit. 

Jisoo only laughed loudly. "Come on we want to hear a speech from our captain!"  She repeated, ignoring the glare the silver haired was sending her way. 

Soon enough the rest of the team caught on as well and were soon all cheering on Lisa. 

"Speech! Speech! Speech!" They chanted. 

Lisa rolled her eyes. "You guys are old enough to motivate yourselves now, aren't you?" 

Everyone groaned in protest. "But I'll do a toast." She agreed and everyone cheered again. 

Lisa laughed and stood up from her seat, raising her glass up. 

"Here's to a wonderful season once again! Let's win this game and be the champs." 

The team clinked their drinks together and went back to laughing and having a good time. 

"There's our captain." Jisoo said with a teasing smile and Lisa sat back down. She shoved the raven haired away. 

"Next time, you're going to be doing the speeches." Lisa said. The raven haired downed the rest of her shake and wiped the milk moustache on her upper lip. 

"Let's go play in the arcade now!" She exclaimed and everyone agreed, all piling on out of the place. 

Lisa shook her head at how loud her teammates were. 

"No!" 

Jennie yelled out in protest for the nth time. 

Park Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, putting back her tube top and mini skirt. 

"I'm just saying. You'd look really hot if you wore these. And you'd get everyone thirsting after you." Chaeyoung said. 

Jennie protectively wrapped her arms around her own waist. "I'm fine and I don't want anyone thirsting after me." She said with red cheeks, burying herself further inside her oversized hoodie. 

"Suit yourself. Although, I'm sure Lisa would like a little present for her final game." Chaeyoung said, smirking on the inside already knowing that Lisa would go crazy and most likely kill her if she made Jennie wear that outfit. 

The brunette shook her head to the side. "No way that's happening." She murmured shyly. 

Park Chaeyoung laughed loudly at that. 

"You're pretty cute, you know?" She said mostly to herself. 

Jennie widened her eyes at the compliment she was not prepared to hear. Especially from Park Chaeyoung herself. 

"T-T-Thank you." She stuttered out. 

The blonde grinned. "It makes sense why Lisa is head over heels for you." She murmured and went back into the closet, not seeing Jennie's bewildered facial expression. 

"What?" 

Jennie said in shock. 

"Aright, now hurry and change. Joy and Yeri are coming around in fifteen minutes. If  those dimwits are on time." Chaeyoung said, ignoring the brunette who seemed like she was rebooting her entire system. 

With Lisa and Jisoo's final game happening, Chaeyoung thought it would be a fun idea if her and Jennie went to the game together. 

Of course, it took lot of persuading for Jennie to even step foot in the same direction as Park Chaeyoung, but Lisa promised her a surprise if she didn't run away before the game ended.

Jennie collected her clothes, ones that didn't totally expose everything, and headed to the washroom to change. 

Half an hour later, a car finally pulled up into the driveway. 

"It took you bimbos long enough." 

The blonde grumbled. Jennie only smiled and waved timidly at Joy and Yeri. 

"Scoot over." Park Chaeyoung said and Yeri nodded her head, getting out of the passenger seat. 

Joy rolled her eyes from the driver's seat. "You told us to come by at seven."

The head cheerleader rose one of her brows. "It's almost seven-thirty." 

"Traffic." 

"Fine. We were on our way here but we got distracted by the coffee shop. We got you a coffee tho." Yeri spoke up from behind, handing over the plastic cup she was holding. 

"We also got you some too." Yeri said to the quiet Jennie. The brunette smiled and shook her head. "I don't like coffee." 

Joy widened her eyes. "Wow. That's brave of you." She said in amazement and took a sip of it instead. 

Reahing the gymnasium, Jennie was left by the entrance as the others had to go prepare for their cheerleading routine. 

"Why did Chaeyoung even bother to get ready if she was going to change anyways." She mumbled to herself while she read ahead in her novel. 

Suddenly, she looked up to see Nayeon coming in as well. With Jeongyeon? 

"I'll see you after then, right?" She overheard Jeongyeon asking. Nayeon nodded. 

"Nayeon." Jennie hissed, putting the bookmark down on her book and closing it. 

The latter waved goodbye at the basketball player and turned around to see her best friend looking at her with a bewildered expression. 

Nayeon whipped her head to the other side and paced into the gym. 

Jennie sighed and packed her things up, following after her. 

"Where do you think you're going?" Jennie said, practically jogging trying to keep up with her. 

"T-To the game obviously?" Nayeon answered without looking back. They reached the stands and sat down. 

Jennie furrowed her brows."I guess you're cheering for the other team then." She said accusingly. The latter stammered over her words as her cheeks turned red. 

"W-Where did you get that idea from? I'm cheering for our school! Go Lisa, go Jisoo." Nayeon pumped her fist up into the air. 

The brunette rolled her eyes. "Alright, I'll give you a week tops. After that you have to tell me exactly what's going on." 

"Deal." 

They shook hands and turned to watch the basketball game. 

Jennie immediately smiled widely as she saw Lisa jog onto the court. She cheered loudly and waved her hands up in that air, getting rewarded with a goofy grin and wink from the captain. 

"She's so gonna beat them." 

Four quarters into the game and Lisa gets pushed to the ground for the nth time. 

"Oh, come on! That was totally a foul!" Jennie yelled from her seat. "Calm down girl." Nayeon commented from her place, happily munching on her popcorn. 

"That's easy for you to say, your team is winning!" The brunette exclaimed. 

"For the last time, that's not my team." Nayeon insisted. Jennie pouted and crossed her arms. 

Jisoo jogs up and puts her arms out. 

"Come on Manoban, you can't keep going down like that." 

Lisa grunted and reached out, getting helped out by her. 

With her team getting possession of the ball, Momo ran up and passed it to Lisa, who attempted the three.

Hearing the dreaded sound of it hitting the rim, she ruffled her hair in annoyance. 

"Tough luck, huh Manoban?" Jeongyeon teased as she jogged up with a smirk. 

Lisa shook her head. "Just focus on the game." 

Last possession and the scores are close, 69-70. 

"We just need a clean layup and we have it in the bag." Lisa panted out, gulping down water. 

Couch Lee nodded in agreement and wrote up the following play. 

The team went to their positions and Momo inbounded the ball, passing it off to the freshman player Yooa. 

Lisa sprinted to the other side of the court and effectively blocked off the defenders, receiving the ball. She went to the three point line and the other team players rushed over, jumping up to block the shot. 

Faking it, Lisa instead passed it to Jisoo, who ran up and did a layup, tipping the ball into the net. 

The place filled up with cheers and Jisoo flopped dramatically to the floor, everyone else piling up on her. 

"Whoo!" Jennie and Nayeon stood up and screamed in joy. 

"You did it Chu!" Lisa exclaimed, shaking her friend by her shoulders. 

The raven haired breathed out in wonder of what she did. "Damn." 

Struggling to get out of the dog pile, Jisoo looked over to see Park Chaeyoung jumping up and down in glee. 

"Did you see that! That's my baby!" 

Jisoo grinned hearing her yell to everyone beside her. Although the gymnasium was bursting with noise, she was able to hear the proudness and happiness in Chaeyoung's voice. 

"I did it!" Jisoo yelled and threw her arms up in the air, getting tackled by her teammates and friends again. 

"And there goes another successful basketball season. Congratulations team." Coach Lee said, clapping proudly. 

The halls with laughter and screams of joy as the final class of the school year was over. 

Lisa and Jennie stood on the front lawn, saying goodbye to all their friends. Mostly Lisa, as all the players of different sports teams came up and hugged her, congratulating her for the victory the other night. 

Some were leaving forever, possibly to college while others were already planning on what to do over the summer. 

"Whoo! My favourite couple! I'll miss you two." Jungkook yelled as he approached the two. Lisa laughed. 

"I'll see you next year then?" The silver haired asked. The rowdy boy smiled and nodded. "Of course. Stay safe you guys. And stay together as well, preferably." He joked.

Jennie smiled at that and gladly accepted the hug the dark haired offered. Jungkook said his last farewell and headed off. 

Lisa brought Jennie for a kiss on her forehead. "So, what are your plans for the summer?" She asked. 

Jennie pouted in thought. "I'll probably head over to my grandparent's house for a week or so, but other than that I'll be free." She hugged Lisa's waist and leaned her head on her chest. 

"How about you?"

"Well, I'll be free to be with you for the most part." She said with a smirk. Jennie rolled her eyes. "What else?" 

"I'll go to my dad's place and stay there for a month. It's what I do every year." She shrugged. 

"I'll miss you then." Jennie frowned. Lisa chuckled. "But I haven't even gone yet." The brunette only hugged Lisa tighter and leaned up to look at her with a pout. 

The silver haired grinned and kissed it away. "I promise I'll still call you everyday. I won't be enjoying the trip either, don't worry." 

"Why not? It's not everyday you get to meet your dad, right?" 

Lisa rolled her eyes. "It's better that way. He's always got some random woman around his house when I swing by. I mean, does he not want to spend time with his only daughter instead?" She went into a mini rant without meaning too. 

She sighed. "Sorry, he works me up a lot." She rubbed Jennie's arms up and down. 

"It's fine babe. And I'll find ways to distract you when you're there, don't worry." Jennie whispered and leaned up to kiss Lisa's lips. 

She leaned away and walked off, leaving a blushing Lisa behind.