Chapter 38

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Arghhh." Jisoo groaned, slamming her head into a locker, making loud rattling sound. Lisa finished taking her books out and sighed in sympathy. 

"Jisoo, it's only been one class." Lisa reminded her. 

The raven haired lifted her head. "Exactly, my body's not ready to wake up at seven in the morning, especially not after all those all nighters I pulled over the summer." 

Lisa swung her bag over her shoulder and tugged on Jisoo's sleeve. "Come on, let's go take you to your class." 

Jisoo nodded in agreement and dragged her feet along. "Oh, before I forget. Remember the basketball tryouts are happening after school. We have to go and scope out some of the freshmen and sophmores." 

Lisa hummed in acknowledgement. 

"You know, you're gonna have to see who can be the captain for next year." 

Jisoo mentions. Lisa frowns. "I'll miss this team." She says sadly. The raven haired throws her arm over her shoulder. "Same here. But let's make sure we leave it in good hands." Lisa smiled and nods. 

Jisoo dropped Lisa in class before going to hers. She entered and sat next to Chaeyoung, kissing her cheek in greeting. 

The cheerleader drops the conversation she was having with Yeri and Joy to smile up at her girlfriend. "Hey, babe. Rough morning?" Chaeyoung asks, holding her chin and looking at those weary eyes. 

Jisoo groans and leans her head on the blonde's shoulder. "I'm tired." She sulked and Chaeyoung patted her head in sympathy.

"Wow, I never thought this day would come." Joy commented in astonishment, seeing Chaeyoung who used to be cold and would glare at everyone who passes by, be soft and affectionate. To Jisoo, nonetheless. 

The cheerleader shrugged her shoulders. "People change." She says and Jisoo grins up at her. "They sure do." She quickly steals a peck on the lips and went back to her seat as the teacher walked through the door. 

Lisa walked out of the school exit and spotted Jennie on the bench outside, reading a book. 

The silver haired was about to approach her when she got a sudden idea in her head. Heading towards the bike rack, she pulls hers out and walks it by Jennie. 

"Hey, need a ride pretty lady?" Lisa asked, wearing an overconfident smirk on her face. She rang the bell of her bicycle twice and winked. 

Jennie looked up at her book and laughed at the tough persona Lisa was playing. "Hmm, I don't know." She stood up and looked at her girlfriend with a playful, questioning look. "That doesn't look very safe." 

Lisa didn't back down at that and instead got on her bike. "You'll be safe with me. Just make sure you hold on extra tight." She whispered the last part suggestively and Jennie burst into laughter. Lisa soon followed and the brunette got on behind her after putting her things away. 

"Alright. Well take me home." Jennie wrapped her arms around Lisa's waist and squeezed. The younger blushed slightly and chuckled nervously. 

"Sure thing, babe." 

The pair rode off and Jennie closed her eyes, feeling the wind blow onto her face and into her hair. She rested her head on Lisa's back and relished in the closeness. The slight bumps on the road soothed her being and she felt lulled to sleep almost. 

"Hmm, I love you." Jennie sighed out, feeling at the utmost peace. Lisa grinned and looked up at the blue sky. "I love you too, Jennie. So much." Lisa whispered, gazing at how clear and beautiful the scenery was. 

Jennie tightened her hold hearing that heartfelt confession. "I love you so much I don't ever want to let go." The brunette spoke into Lisa's firm back. 

"And I don't ever want you too." The latter replied without hesitation. "Is it alright if we take a quick detour?" Jennie asked, putting her head up on Lisa's shoulder staring at the side of her face. 

Lisa grinned. "Of course. Do you want to go up on the hill?" She asked, already turning the bicycle. 

Jennie hummed happily. "Yes please."

Lisa pedalled across the green grass and shivered slightly when she felt a breeze come by. "It's getting chilly once more." She said. The brunette behind her snuggled into her more. "You've gotta ditch the shorts now." Jennie spoke, looking at Lisa's exposed legs. 

The silver haired laughed. "Are you sure you're only saying that for me, or for your benefit too?" Jennie shrugged, even though Lisa couldn't see. "It's a win win. You're not going to catch a cold and no one will be staring at those legs anymore." 

Their conversation died down once Lisa rode closer to the small hill they had their picnic on. "Alrighty." She hopped off and put out her hand, helping Jennie off as well. 

The two intertwined their fingers and trekked through the long blades of grass, that reached up to their calves. 

"Ugh, I forgot how unkept the grass is over here." Jennie said, cringing a little at the feeling in her legs. "Well since it's almost fall the community just stops taking care of the greenery all together. They're gonna stop growing in a couple months anyways." 

The two made it to the top and Lisa laid back onto the grass. She sighed happily, seeing the clouds above her. 

"It's our senior year." She says. Jennie lays down beside her, but puts her head on Lisa's chest, snuggling close to her. 

The brunette pouts. "Yeah." She drapes her arm over Lisa's stomach, pulling her closer. "What are we going to do after?" She asks, whispering. 

Lisa frowns in thought. "I'm...not too sure about that. But, I do know that we'll be able to make it through anything." She turns her head to the side and gives Jennie a kiss on her forehead. 

Jennie seemed satisfied with the response as she closed her eyes. The silver haired ran her hand up and down the brunette's back. "What do you wanna do?" Lisa asked. 

Jennie opened her eyes and smiled. "I want to become a nurse." She answered without hesitation. "It'll be nice, helping people." 

Lisa grinned. "You'll be a great one for sure." She kissed her on her lips. "And if I end up going to into basketball you can always patch me up after a fall." 

Jennie chuckled softly. "I bet you'll be falling quite a lot. The players there will be twice your size." Lisa pouted. "Are you calling me tiny? That's quite ironic coming from someone who is tinier than me." She retaliated, bringing one hand down to Jennie's stomach and tickling her. 

"No that's not what I-Eek!" Jennie squealed and burst into giggles when Lisa began to tickle her. "Aah!" She squirmed, trying to get away and Lisa laughed before letting her go. 

"I meant-huff-they'll be stronger than you." Jennie explained through panting breaths. "Hmm, fair point." Lisa agreed. 

She turned fully to her side. "If I go into business then I can wait for you when you come home at night. My hours will be much more flexible than yours. Ooh, I can even cook you dinner." Her eyes sparkled. 

Jennie smiled teasingly. "I don't know if I trust you cooking dinner for us every night." Lisa snorted and rolled her eyes. "Please, in a couple of years I'll be a Michelin star chef." 

"Well, we'll see about that." 

The two biked home after some time and as Lisa pulled up into Jennie's driveway, they saw Ella standing with another girl at the doorstep. The two didn't seem to notice Lisa and Jennie as they were busy talking with each other. 

Jennie gasped in shock and was about to give away her presence, but Lisa quickly pulled her down, both crouching behind Chaerin's car. 

"Holy ." The brunette whispered to Lisa, looking with wide eyes. "I'm guessing that's the girl Ella was texting?" Lisa asked. 

Jennie nodded vigorously, her glasses slipping off her nose bridge slightly from the jolt. The pair both turned to see Ella and the mystery girl, but they panicked once they saw them walk down the steps. 

"Oh crap." Jennie and Lisa rolled around the pavement, moving to the opposite side of the car. "Get down." Lisa put her hand over Jennie's head and they both ducked below. The two were laying completely flat on the ground now. 

The brunette waited for several seconds, and finally let out a breath when she heard the door close and Ella saying bye. She was about to get up, but gazed at the bottom of the car and grimaced. "You were right, the bottom of the car really is dirty." 

Lisa stood back up and reached out a hand for her girlfriend, who took it. 

"I guess I understand why everyone hides out in my driveway now." Jennie said. Lisa only smiled and shrugged. "A lot stuff goes down over here." 

Remembering what just happened, Jennie smiled mischievously. "I'm so gonna tease Ella about that." 

Lisa shook her head. "You are relentless, you know that?" Jennie turned to her and smiled innocently. "I know." She said. 

"But I still love you." 

"And I love you too." 

Jennie and Lisa held hands, walking up the steps to the brunette's house and going through the front door. 

"Ooh, can I stay for a movie?" Lisa asked hopefully. "Yes please. Ella always gets her choice and puts on a Pixar movie. I need to rewatch the Pirates of the Caribbean fast. It's a need." 

"Alright babe. I'm sure we can overpower her. It's two against one." The silver haired pecked the top of Jennie's head right as she called out for Ella. 

"Hey Ella! When are you gonna introduce me to your new friend?" Jennie yelled out. Lisa laughed when she heard Ella groaned loudly from the other end of the house. "Go away!" 

Lisa grinned and took off her shoes, following her girlfriend into her home. She briefly remembered how not so long ago, she would come home from school to an empty house, bored out of her mind with nothing to do. 

She found herself fortunate that she found such a nice, wonderful, and beautiful girlfriend and an amazing family as well.