Chapter 16

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

AN:

Sorry for the late update, literally no one left me alone so I could write in peace 🙄

"Alright, now we gotta be quick, alright?" Lisa whispered to her as she unbuckled her seatbelt. Jennie looked curiously through her window to see a tall building. "Uhm, why?" She asked. 

Lisa only smirked. "We're gonna go stargazing." She merely said and got out of the car, making Jennie follow her. "Wait, you can stargaze here?" Lisa shook her head. "Nope." 

She took the brunette's hand in hers and made their way to the back of the building. "Hey, I don't think this will be a good idea." Jennie said unsurely when she looked around her to see darkness. "It's getting pretty late." Lisa looked over at her with pleading eyes. "Please, Jennie. I promise it'll all be worth it once you see what's up there." 

Jennie huffed, but knowing that she could never say no to Lisa, she silently complied. The pair walked right up to a tall fence, and Lisa smiled at Jennie before stepping back slightly and jumping onto it. Jennie opened in shock and before she could even scold Lisa for doing it, the silver haired woman climbed her way over it and unlocked it. 

"Come on." She said and Jennie brought her hand back to Lisa's, immediately intertwining their fingers. The younger woman forcefully opened up a rusty looking door and entered, making sure her footsteps were soft and light. She looked behind her shoulder and signalled for Jennie to walk, and the brunette listened once again.

They made their way up a half finished staircase and reached the very top. Lisa bust open the small door and walked out, smiling widely as she took in the sky. 

Jennie grumbled under her breath as she was forced to crouch to get through, but was silent when she stood beside Lisa and looked up. 

There was the night sky, painted with hues of purple and blue, and tiny specks of white, bright stars. Lisa said nothing, but walked forward until the edge of the building. She sat down and let her legs dangle over the edge. 

"This is beautiful." Jennie finally breathed out and sat beside Lisa. She looked up at the younger woman, who was still staring at the beautiful scene in front of her. 

"Thank you." Jennie said gratefully and leaned her head onto Lisa's shoulder. The latter wrapped her arm around the tiny brunette and held her tight. 

"It's a cold night, huh?" Lisa said when a particularly cold burst of air breezed past them. As if on cue, Jennie shivered and nodded in agreement. 

She pecked Jennie's forehead and grinned happily at how well the date had gone tonight. 

"So, did you enjoy today? Because I did." Lisa asked, and Jennie smiled widely. "Of course I did. It was amazing. You are amazing." Jennie said and leaned in closer to her. 

"This day was absolutely incredible. Thank you." Lisa brought Jennie's hand up and placed light, fluttery kisses on the back of it. "No, thank you for giving me a chance." She responded and even in the dark, she saw Jennie's cheeks brighten up. 

"How did you know I liked constellations?" Jennie changed the subject, afraid she would probably turn into putty in Lisa's hands if she kept treating her how she is. "Hmm?" Lisa hummed in confusion and tilted her head to the side. 

"Uhm, just intuition?" She said unsurely and Jennie chuckled. "Of course you didn't know." She said knowingly and turned her head back to face the beautiful sky that had now dimmed down slightly.

And suddenly a bright light entered from the corner of her eyes. Jennie opened in awe as she saw the shooting star emerge from the sky. 

"Lisa-" She whipped her head around to tell Lisa, but she didn't need to as she caught the silver haired woman staring straight at her, with nothing but adoration sparkling in those orbs. 

And as the star fell across the sky, Jennie's heart leaped across the land when Lisa leaned in and connected her lips with Jennie's awaiting ones. Just like how Jennie read about in her novels, when her lips touched Lisa's, there were bursts of fire lighted within her. She felt as if fireworks and shooting stars had gone off in her stomach all at once and it was overwhelming in the best way possible.

When they both pulled away slightly, Jennie took a quick breath and went back in, wanting to get drowned in everything that was Lisa in the moment. She brought her hands to Lisa's face and gently cupped it, fingers playing with the tiny hairs at the back of her neck. 

Jennie felt Lisa's hand slowly rest upon her waist and she couldn't resist the wide gummy smile that spread across her lips. Lisa chuckled into the kiss and gave her one last peck before pulling away, but keeping her forehead on the brunette's. 

"Did you make a wish?" Lisa asked, slightly out of breath. Jennie giggled, still not able to wipe that stupid smile off of her face. She nodded her head. "Did you?" 

Lisa grinned and nodded happily. "I hope it can come true though." Lisa said and pulled away, leaving Jennie to wonder what her wish was. 

"Come on, let's go get you home before your mom starts worrying." Lisa stood up and held her hand out for Jennie to take. The older girl took it without hesitation and stood up, and before she could even attempt to dust off her pants, Lisa did it for her. 

"There. Let's go." She said and at this point, Jennie's cheeks were begging for her giddiness to wear off because they were starting to get sore by all this smiling.

"But I don't wanna leave." Jennie whined for the hundredth time and she tugged on Lisa's hand. The younger woman smiled sadly. "I know, but I did say I would get you back on time." She booped Jennie's nose and smiled cutely. 

The brunette pouted but complied and let go of Lisa's hand. "Fine. But before I leave, I was wondering." Jennie spoke, unsurely. Lisa raised her eyebrows. "What is it?" She asked, the back of her mind gnawing at her, thinking of the worst case scenario, which was that Jennie was done with her.

"Can we go on another date?" Jennie mumbled looking down at their shoes, but Lisa heard it clearly and she broke into a wide smile. "Of course." She said a little too eagerly. 

"Really?" Jennie said in disbelief. "I-Thank you." She hugged Lisa tightly and the younger woman chuckled at how cute Jennie could be.

"But I'll take you out this time." Jennie said with a no nonsense voice and Lisa thought there was no way she could ever tell Jennie no.

"Of course. I'll see you at school on Monday, alright?" Lisa said and she backed away from Jennie, knowing that is was getting a little too late. "Yep. And text me when you get home." Jennie turned around to open her front door. 

But ran down the steps towards Lisa one last time. "Wait." She turned Lisa around and without letting her speak, she tilted up and planted a kiss on those lips before running back up her steps and barged through her door.

Lisa grinned and shook her head before heading over to car and starting it up, driving over to her house. "My wish came true."

"Dude, you should totally ask her to be your girlfriend already." Jisoo nudged her on the arm and Lisa stumbled over. "I don't know, don't you think it's too soon?" She said, walking down the hallway to her class. 

Jisoo scoffed. "Come on, you're Lisa Manoban, all you have to do is ask, it doesn't matter if you've known each other for only a few seconds." She replied and Lisa rolled her eyes at her. 

"Jennie is-" "Different, I know." Jisoo interrupted her. They both reached the door of Lisa's class and Jisoo looked at her seriously. "Listen, I'm not trying to pressure you, but I think you should just follow your instincts and everything will turn out right." 

Lisa sighed and nodded, running her fingers through her hair. "You're right. Talk to you after class?" Jisoo smiled and nodded before heading off, so she doesn't get late. 

Lisa opened the door and walked in. She went over and sat down at her seat, placing her stuff on the desk. 

"Ahem." The sound a throat clearing interrupted her and Lisa heard the whole class become silent after that. 

Spotting Jennie's best friend a couple seats over, she silently pleaded for her to tell her what was going on. Except, she just helplessly shrugged and gave her an unreadable look. 

"So, Lisa." The captain sighed before turning around to see Park Chaeyoung standing before her, hands on hips, with Yeri and Joy on her sides, as usual. 

Yeri had on happy, but irritated expression, while Joy seemed like how she always is-like she either does not want to be here, or burn the place down. 

"Yeah?" Lisa stood up with them. "What's with your friend?" The blonde asked, and Lisa scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. "What?" 

"You know, Jisoo?" The head cheerleader said in an exasperated voice. "What about her? Oh god, did she do something again?" Lisa rubbed her hand over her face, already thinking of what ridiculous things Jisoo would do.

"Well, that's the problem, she didn't do anything." Chaeyoung's voice came down to a whisper at that last sentence. "And what's your problem? I thought you hated her." Lisa said and turned around to sit on her seat, facing the front.

The blonde headed female groaned in frustration at Lisa not getting what she was implying. Joy rolled her eyes at how stupid both of them were being so she walked in front of Lisa. 

"Hey dimwit, she means that she is worried about Jisoo, since she didn't swoon over her like she used to. She just doesn't want to admit it because she's afraid people will think she cares." The redhead said and walked back to her seat, done with that conversation. 

"O-Oh." Lisa said in realization. "Uhm, I guess I'll go talk to her then. Thanks for telling me. She did seem fine this morning, though." She said, but on the inside she was feeling a little happy that Jisoo finally moved on from someone who wouldn't even give her the time of day, and Lisa would know exactly how that feels. 

"Thanks." Chaeyoung turned around and left, still well aware of the eyes on them. 

Lisa sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "This is a weird day." She thought to herself.

"Holy !" Jennie exclaimed and Nayeon nodded frantically. "I swear to god, I almost my pants when she was talking to Lisa in class." She added.

'Alright, just calm down, and I'll go talk to Lisa about it. There is no way Chaeyoung will know you and Jisoo were hanging out together-and I can't believe you didn't tell me about it!" The conversation taking a whole other course. 

"Well, you were busy with Lisa all weekend! A girl's gotta do her own thing too, you know?" Nayeon retaliated back. "And you didn't tell me that Park Chaeyoung liked Jisoo!" 

Jennie huffed. "I didn't know that, if I did I would have told you!" She sighed, feeling exhausted. "I've gotta get back to my class, we were in the middle of a dissection, and I'm sure my partner will kill me if  I don't show up to help." 

Nayeon pouted, but let her leave. Her leaving shortly after Jennie.

On her way out, she bumped into someone. Looking up, she stared in horror as she backed up immediately. She saw Jennie stand tense in the corner of her eye, and she gulped. 

"C-Chaeyoung."

AN:

Since there's no drama with Jenlisa, it's only fair I do it to the others 😂