Chapter 14

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

AN:

Soo, it's only November and it's already snowing??? What is happening to this world. 

I know I live in Canada, but like-it doesn't start snowing until December or something. Ngl, I'm kinda freaked out by it, but also happy cuz there will be snow days as well :)

"You know, come to think of it, I've never actually been inside your house properly." Jennie said pausing from writing her notes and staring up at Lisa, who was just talking about her party. 

Lisa furrowed her brows, thinking back. "Oh ya!" She said in realization. "Well, I guess I'll give you a VIP tour before the party then." She winked at the brunette and looked down to resume writing. 

The pair had been sitting in the library for the better part of the hour. Lisa had just finished up her practice and they both agreed that working somewhere other than in Jennie's room would be efficient, considering Lisa had a major test coming up. 

"So, you think you'll ace this?" Jennie asked with a smirk. Lisa's grades had slowly rose up from where they were before in the beginning of the year, but she still had a lot of improving to do in Jennie's eyes.

The younger pursed her lips. "I have to ace it. Otherwise I might lose my spot on the team." She spoke, with a determined voice. Just thinking of it brought dread to Lisa. So far the only thing that has worked out for her in her life was basketball. And if she gets kicked of the team, then what would she be known for? Her whole life was practically centred around the sport. And it would give her mother another reason to complain about her. 

"Hey, you'll be fine." She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt Jennie place her hand over hers, which was gripping the pencil a little too firm. Lisa sighed, and let the pencil drop from her hands, immediately holding Jennie's hand. 

"Sorry, it's just-I can't screw this up." Lisa looked into the brunette's cat like eyes which still managed to sparkle underneath the dull lighting of the library. 

"How about this, you get a passing grade on this test, then I will agree to whatever you ask me to do." Jennie proposed, trying to get Lisa's mind off of the pressure she was facing. Lisa's eyebrow rose in amusement. "Anything?" She asked, and Jennie nodded without hesitation. 

"Anything." 

"Ooh! Can we stop for ice cream!" Lisa asked excitedly as she spotted an ice cream parlour out of the window of the car. Jennie scrunched her eyebrows and looked at Lisa. "You want ice cream in this weather? It's practically November, and it's freezing cold." 

"There is no time nor place where it is inappropriate to eat ice cream." Lisa spoke with a straight face and unbuckled her seatbelt as Jennie pulled up along the curb. The brunette shook her head, but got out of the car as well. 

Entering the shop, Lisa dashed towards the samples to see what she would get. "You're honestly just a big baby." Jennie and reached up to pinch one of Lisa's cheeks. 

The captain snorted at the comment. "Says the one who looks like an actual baby." She turned her attention towards the ice cream as Jennie glared at her fiercely. "I'm not a baby! Heck, I'm way more mature than you." She protested and crossed her arms, pouting. 

Lisa replied without turning. "Sure Jan." Jennie sighed and backed down from the teasing. "Ooh! I wanna get cookies and cream!" Lisa said excitedly. Jennie looked through the flavours herself and chose one. "I want the milk one." 

Lisa scrunched her face in confusion. "Why would you take the milk flavoured ice cream? Out of everything?" She asked as they moved to the cashier. "Because it's the best flavour, duh." Jennie playfully rolled her eyes at Lisa and they both chuckled. 

"Can I please get a cookies and cream and one milk ice cream please." Lisa ordered and dug through her pockets to find some change. "Hey, I'll pay for my own." "Nu-uh." Lisa put her finger up. "I'm paying for yours as well. You can just owe me." She winked before pulling out a few bills and coins. 

Jennie huffed but listened to her, her stomach doing little flips inside her. 

"Alright, so one cookies and cream, and ice milk flavoured, is that all?" The lady behind the cashier spoke, looking at Lisa with a certain glint in her eyes. Jennie furrowed her brows seeing that. 

"Yes, how much it the total?" Lisa asked, distractedly, still looking at the various ice cream samples. The girl  snapped out of her staring and looked down at the screen. "Uhm, five dollars, but I can perhaps push it down to four?" She leaned over the counter slightly, and winked towards Lisa. 

Jennie's flags rose in her head and alarms started ringing off when she saw the lady's polo ed and covering almost nothing. She gagged mentally, knowing that this woman was probably well in her twenties. 

"Well, we'd like to pay the full price, right babe?" Jennie spoke out, hooking her arm with Lisa's. She sensed Lisa turn around and give her a weird look, but she was too busy having a staring contest with the now glaring cashier. 

"Uhm, alright. Here you go." Lisa handed over the money and the lady sighed and broke off her staring contest. Jennie silently celebrated in her head. "Well, I hope you have a great day, cutie." 

Lisa pursed her lips and nodded, while Jennie hugged her arm even tighter. "We will." She gave an obviously fake smile and turned them around, not without getting the ice cream of course. 

They walked out of the parlour and found a nice little bench to sit on. "Oh, after you, babe." Lisa said with a smirk and Jennie blushed at that. "Shut up." She mumbled and began to dig into her ice cream. 

Lisa laughed loudly, but complied as she busied herself with her own treat. "Also, she was like thirty, so I was doing you a favour." Jennie said with a eye roll. Lisa looked over and smiled. "I don't know, she seemed like she was at least in her early twenties, and that's the worst case possibility." She teased, but winced as the brunette pinched her cheek. "Ow ow ow. Okay!" She pouted and caressed her sore cheek. 

"I thought you were courting me?" Jennie asked. "Of course I am, we have a date this weekend, don't forget." Lisa reminded her. "Oh, how can I forget that, I'm looking forward to it." Jennie stood up and held out her hand for Lisa to take. "Come on, I still want the VIP tour of your house."

"Oh of course, I'll show you everything, especially my room." She said with a smirk. 

"Please stop with your innuendoes." 

"Oh !" 

A loud shattering noise was heard soon after. 

Lisa rolled her eyes and got up from her seat at the couch. Jennie giggled at her annoyed face. "I guess you have to go tame the party guests?" 

Lisa pouted and nodded. "Yeah, but keep that seat warm for me, I'm coming back in a sec." She said and quickly walked through her house to find the source of the noise. "Hey! Knock it off!" 

She came across two boys having a wrestling match in the middle of the hallway, with a crowd forming around them, chanting. One with long wavy hair picked his head up and smiled at Lisa. "Jungkook! Get your off of him before I kick it." She threatened.

He frowned and reluctantly got off of the person. 

Lisa groaned seeing their face. "Jin, you don't even go to our school anymore!" She said, exasperated. He opened his mouth to respond, but she put her hand up. "No, no. I don't want an explanation, just-don't break anything." She turned around and headed back to Jennie, who now had two drinks in her hand. 

"Got you some fruit punch." Jennie said with a cute smile, and Lisa's frustration wore right off. "Thank you." She took the punch and downed it in one go. 

"I don't see any Yeri or Park Chaeyoung around." Jennie said, trying to act nonchalant at that. So she might have still been a little terrified of running into any of them alone. 

"Ah, they're coming a little later. According to Jisoo, but I don't know how reliable that source is." Lisa snickered at her own comment. Jennie shook her head at her antics and tilted her head up to see the humongous spiral staircase. "Hey, you wanna go hang up in your room? I'm getting kinda tired." 

Lisa immediately wrapped her arm around her waist. "Of course."  She complied right away and they both walked up the stairs. 

"Oh, I'll go get some pizza." She said halfway and smiled at Jennie before scurrying off a taking the first box she saw. 

"Yo! Sick party!" An obviously faced person shouted at her. Lisa nodded and gave them a quick hug as they seemed to just fall over her. "Alright, thank you." She pushed them off and headed back towards Jennie. 

"Hey! The party's downstairs!" She barked at the couple that were messily making out in the dim lit hallway. They both tore their lips off of each other and rushed downstairs. Jennie chuckled at Lisa's smirk. 

"You've gotta stop scaring people." She chided. "Hey, it's their fault." She put her hands up in surrender and led them to her room. 

"And speaking of Jisoo..." Jennie began as she sat down on Lisa's bed. She was surprised to find it soft and fluffy. "Do you know if she's-I don't know-involved with someone?" She asked. Lisa shut the door and turned to her with a confused stare. 

"Why do you need to know Chu's dating life?" She asked and took her seat beside Jennie. The brunette pursed her lips. Nayeon didn't tell her what to say if Lisa would become curious. 

"Uhm...Just cuz?" She hesitantly answered. Lisa frowned. "It's seems like you're more interested in hers than you are in mine." 

Jennie immediately shook her head. "No no. It isn't like that. It' just-" She sighed and mentally apologized to her best friend for exposing her. "Nayeon was asking." 

The younger opened up the box of pizza and took a slice of pizza out of it. She handed one to Jennie and took one for herself. "So, your best friend likes Jisoo?" Lisa asked and took a bite of her pizza. Jennie did the same and nodded her head. 

"Yep." She simply said. "Interesting." Lisa said as she thought about her best friend's current love triangle that had just been created. Nayeon liked Jisoo, and Jisoo liked Park Chaeyoung. 

"Wow." "Why? Is she with someone?" Jennie reached over for the can of soda and popped it open, taking a sip. "Uhm, actually, she kinda has heart eyes for Park Chaeyoung at the moment." Lisa said. 

Jennie almost spit out her drink at that, but managed to not. "Ok, Imma text Nayeon to back the off." She said and immediately patted down her pockets for her phone. "Hey, don't do that!" Lisa exclaimed and she lunged towards the brunette, trying to get to her phone. 

"Why! I don't want my friend and I to be murdered, thank you very much." Lisa laughed at the terrified expression. "Don't worry, you guys won't be murdered. Chaeyoung doesn't even look at Jisoo's direction, so Nayeon going for her is no problem. In fact, I think it's good so Jisoo could finally tear her eyes off of her." 

Jennie backed off cautiously. "Are you sure? I really don't want to get Nayeon's hopes up if Jisoo is already smitten by Chaeyoung." Lisa pursed her lips. "I mean, it won't hurt if she at least tries, right?" She asked. 

Jennie finished off her pizza. "I guess." She sighed.

They both winced as they heard another loud noise. Lisa groaned and ran her fingers through her hair. "God, I don't even know why I bother hosting parties anymore." Jennie titled her head. "Ya, if you're just gonna sit up in your room, then what's the point?" 

Lisa chuckled. "Actually this is first time I even decided to leave my own party, or not get wasted." 

"What?" Jennie asked in shock. "Then why are you doing it now?" Lisa shrugged. "Because I wanna spend more time with you, and I can't do that if I'm drunk or partying without you." Jennie blushed at those words. "Thank you." She whispered. 

Lisa looked at her and smiled fondly. "Don't thank me, it's the least I can do for the woman I like." She said smoothly. The brunette giggled and lightly hit her on the shoulder. 

"And back to the love life part, how many girlfriends or boyfriends did you have?" Lisa pursed her lips, thinking carefully. 

"Well, when I was in middle school, I dated this boy named Sehun for some time. The sweetest person ever, but I guess I realized that I swing more on the girl side. Then there was a Japanese transfer student named Mina, so we were together for a few months, but she had to leave and go back." 

Jennie frowned. "That's sad." She said out of pity. She couldn't imagine what it would be like to part ways with someone she liked. 

"And then freshmen year, Park Chaeyoung and I sort of had something. And then a few flings here and there, but I met you." She finished with a bright smile. 

"Wait, you dated Park Chaeyoung?"

AN:

Just to let all of you hopeless Chaesoo shippers know, I'm on your side 😂✊🏼