Chapter 25

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Since when did you get so heavy?"

Jennie glared as her cheeks turned red with embarrassment.

"Shut up!" She yelled and smacked her hand on Lisa's head. The younger girl winced and moved her head away.

"Hey!" She said in-between chuckles.

"If you keep hitting me I'll end up dropping you." Lisa warned and Jennie stayed still. "It was your idea to give me a piggy back ride." The brunette mumbled with narrowed eyes.

As their destination approached them, Lisa lowered Jennie to the ground and turned around with a smile.

"I shall take your leave now." She said playfully and bowed.

Jennie pouted and held onto Lisa's hand. The captain brought their hands up and kissed Jennie's gently. "I promise I'll call and text you everyday." She said and Jennie's pout slightly lessoned.

"Do you really have to go to this?" Jennie asked, sulking over the fact that Lisa would be away for the rest of the week.

Lisa snickered and brought Jennie close to her. "It's a tournament, Jen. And as team captain I have to go." She reasoned and gave the brunette a brief kiss on the lips before reaching down to grab her bag.

"But I'll miss you." Jennie forgot about her surroundings and whined, tugging at Lisa's arm. Lisa's cheeks reddened and she stammered over her words. "I-Jennie, I have to." She said, although it was not very convincing since she herself was considering to just forget about the tournament as well.

The older girl sighed and nodded, knowing that whatever she does wouldn't change the result. "Fine, but make sure you eat all your meals and drink lots of water. Don't tire yourself out and go to sleep on time. You need to make sure you have at least eight hours of sleep, I remember one time I only had three hours and I was like a zombie-"

"Jennie, I'll be fine." Lisa interrupted her girlfriend and reassured her. She leaned down for a deep kiss, effectively leaving Jennie silent for a moment.

"I'll miss you." Lisa whispered into her ear and kissed her cheek before finally leaning away.

"I'll miss you too." Jennie said and waved Lisa goodbye as she got onto the bus.

The brunette looked around and noticed some of the other couples that were saying farewell to each other. She grimaced at how lovey dovey they looked. Which led her to think if her and Lisa were like that.

She shook her head. "Nah, Lisa and I aren't the clingy kind of couple." She said to herself and turned around only to come face to face with Park Chaeyoung.

The brunette squeaked and immediately backed up.

But instead of a scowl, the head cheerleader had sort of a smile on her face. Jennie could barely recognize it, but it was there.

"Hey, Jennie. Saying goodbye to Lisa?" Chaeyoung asked and Jennie gulped. Shen nodded stiffly and kept her gaze on the ground.

The blonde sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'm not going to hurt you. So stop acting like a frightened chicken all the time." She said.

Jennie looked up and loosened up her stance, but still keeping a little wary.

"Aren't you going as well?" She asked. Chaeyoung nodded. "I was just waiting for Joy and Yeri to arrive. Those idiots are always late." The blonde crossed her arms.

Jennie chuckled awkwardly and looked over Chaeyoung's shoulder in hopes of spotting her minions. Every second she spent with the head cheerleader felt uncomfortable, especially with how calm she was at the moment.

The brunette wanted to ask why Chaeyoung was in such a good mood today, but she didn't want to get into a brawl, especially without Lisa around.

Then it clicked in her head. Why Chaeyoung wasn't sour today, why she talked with Jennie like a civilized citizen and didn't threaten her.

Word must have gotten around that Jisoo and Nayeon weren't together like everyone assumed. The older girl refrained from rolling her eyes and turned to head off, but a hand on her arm stopped her.

"Hey." Chaeyoung called out to her and Jennie scrunched her face in confusion over the soft tone. The brunette turned around and was surprised at the shy look the blonde had. "I just wanted to apologize." She murmured under her breath.

The normally pale cheeks turned a hint of red and Jennie stared on in disbelief.

"For what?"

Chaeyoung puffed her cheeks and looked at the ground. "For harassing you." She said quietly and Jennie has never been so conflicted in her life.

Park Chaeyoung was apologizing? To her?

The older girl stared on in a daze and nodded. "Y-Yeah, it's fine." She stuttered out.

The head cheerleader smiled gratefully before her gaze hardened again. "Now don't tell anyone about this. Alright?" She said sternly.

Jennie was getting whiplash from the sudden change in behaviour. She winced as the grip on her arm became harder.

There was the Park Chaeyoung she knew.

"What apology? I don't remember." Jennie replied in a scared voice.

Chaeyoung let go of her and smiled sweetly again. "Great. See you around then, Kim."

Jennie wasn't sure if she could make it through the week without Lisa.

"Did you bring the stuff?"

Jisoo nodded firmly and looked around before pulling out a bag of chips and a soda.

Lisa grinned and took the bag, hiding it under her shirt. Jisoo snorted at the lump that was now present. "Nice hiding." The silver haired glared at her. 

"Well where do you think we should hide it?" Lisa asked and Jisoo merely shrugged. "Exactly." Jisoo rolled her eyes. "Fine, just keep it under there until the coach is out. You know she'll go crazy if she sees that." 

"We're rooming, right?" 

Lisa whispered and Jisoo nodded putting the soda bottle into the pocket of her hoodie. 

The team had gathered in the lobby for the coach to give yet another talk before heading off into their rooms. They had already heard the "winning doesn't matter as long as you had fun" speech  numerous amount of times and just wanted to head off already. 

"Alright, now I know you kids are under a lot pressure from the school, your fellow peers, and your parents. And from me. But remember, everything is riding on this game so make sure you do your best and not lose. But, make sure you have fun, alright?" The coach spoke loudly and went around giving each of the players a rough pat on the shoulder. 

"As long as you try hard, anything is possible." She reminded them and stood in front of Lisa, sending her a nod. 

The captain grinned nervously and put her fist up in encouragement. 

"That's the spirit." The coach said and wrapped her arm over Lisa's shoulder shaking her a bit. 

Lisa bit her lip and closed her eyes as the bag of chips ruffled loudly under her shirt. The coach frowned and looked over questioningly. 

Lisa rubbed the back of her nape. "Gas, you know?" She mumbled nervously and the coach shook her head before heading off. 

"I'll see you girls tomorrow, bright and early." 

Jisoo had tears in her eyes by the time she was done laughing. 

Lisa rolled her eyes and reached into the nearly empty bag, munching on a few more chips. "Can you shut up now?" She grumbled and the older girl nodded, letting out a few more chuckles before settling down. 

A knock on the door made them pause and Jisoo rather ungracefully flopped down onto the bed. "Go get it." 

Lisa crumpled up the bag and threw it at her best friend before going to the door. Peaking her head through the door she widened her eyes as she saw Joy and Yeri, of course with Park Chaeyoung beside them. 

"Huh?" She said dumbly, wiping the salty crumbs off of . 

The blonde looked behind Lisa, trying to find the one she was actually here for. Lisa caught gist of it and put her hands on either side of the doorway, effectively blocking anyone who tried to enter. 

"Lisa! Who is it?" Jisoo called out from the room. 

When the captain turned around to answer, Park Chaeyoung took the opportunity to duck under her arm and walk into the room. 

"It's me." She said strutting in with a coy smile on her face. Jisoo widened her eyes from her place on the bed and hastily sat up, brushing herself off for any crumbs that were laying around. 

Lisa rolled her eyes from the suddenly active Jisoo as she walked in behind Chaeyoung's two minions. 

"Just say what you want to say and get it over with." Lisa stated plainly, plopping down onto the arm chair. 

Yeri sent her a small wave and attempted to walk over to the captain, but Joy's death grip on her arm stopped her. "We didn't come so you could demonstrate more of your horrendous pick up lines." She reprimanded her friend. 

Yeri pouted and slouched dramatically, tiptoeing to lean her chin on Joy's shoulder. Still, she silently settled with a wink and blew a kiss to Lisa, who rolled her eyes and shook her head at the gesture. 

"Sooo, what brings you here?" Jisoo asked with a nervous chuckle. 

"Well, we heard from a little birdy that there was a party in here." Park Chaeyoung strutted and sat on the bed, leaning towards Jisoo. 

"I hope you brought more snacks." She said with a wink. 

Suddenly the door opened up and more and more people flooded in. Some of the team and cheerleaders all came in, conversing loudly. 

Lisa straightened up and flew open at the unexpected gathering. "You did not just do that Park Chaeyoung." She said with a hard stare.

"So what if I did?" The head cheerleader shrugged her shoulders and faced Jisoo again, giving her a small peck on the cheeks before attending to the sudden swarm of newcomers. 

Jennie whined once more as she adjusted her spot on the couch. Nayeon furrowed her brows and looked at her best friend. 

"Girl you sound like a dying horse, what's wrong with you." She stated rather than asked. 

Jennie huffed and glared at her. "Nothing's wrong, I'm just not in the mood for a movie." She said and Nayeon opened in shock. 

"Movie fanatic Jennie Kim, not interested in watching a movie? And Harry Potter of all of them?" She said loudly in disbelief as she slowly stood up from the couch and stood over the brunette. 

The slightly older girl puffed her cheeks and slid slowly down the couch. Falling ungracefully to the rug with a thud, the brunette looked up. 

"I never thought I would have it this bad." She said. 

Nayeon sat down in front of her, crossing her legs. "For what?" 

"Not for what, for who." Jennie whined out and shook her legs up and down, looking a child who just got her favourite toy taken away.

Nayeon still looked as lost as ever. "Do you mind helping me out here?" She asked. 

Jennie only huffed and fell over, laying down on the carpet. 

"I've got it so bad for Lisa. I never realized that I spent so much time with her until she left. This morning I had no clue what to do. It felt like my routine had just gotten thrown in the trash." She leaned her head up to look her best friend in the eyes. 

"You know how scary that is?" 

Nayeon only smiled and leaned over to pinch one of Jennie's cheeks. 

"Oh no, my poor baby is in loooove." Jennie's cheeks turned red, and it wasn't because of the pinching. "What!" She exclaimed. She ripped Nayeon's hand off of her now sore cheek and rubbed it, lost in her thoughts. 

Nayeon snickered. "I was only kidding of course, unless you really are?" She added the last part hesitantly. 

Jennie continued to stare up at the ceiling. 

"I...think I really am."