Chapter 26

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Yes, of course." 

Lisa winced as the phone slammed shut. Her mom pinched the bridge of her nose and exhaled before looking at her daughter. 

"Tell me you didn't throw a party in your hotel room and invite over everyone, including your opponents, causing a fight to breakout and for you to get a black eye and a busted lip." 

"It wasn't me!" The captain exclaimed from her seat on the couch, she momentarily removed the ice pack from her eye to spread her arms in exasperation. 

"Save. It." The stern warning from her mom made her shut up, sinking back into the couch. The silver haired grumbled in her mind about how unfair it was that her mother just happened to be at home to witness this. 

"I wasn't the one who threw the party." She murmured under her breath. 

Lisa's mom rubbed her forehead and sighed. "It doesn't matter if you did or not, the room was under your name, more specifically mine. Now I'm going to have to pay for the damages done." 

"How on earth do these kids manage to throw a lamp into a pool?" She murmured under her breath while gathering her things. "I'm heading to a conference, I hope you manage to keep this house the way it is." She announced, already heading to the front door. 

Lisa groaned loudly, hoping her mom could hear how displeased she was. Slumping down onto the couch, she spent some time staring up before pulling her phone out of her pocket. 

Seeing that she had a missed call from Jennie, she dialled her. 

"Can I come over?" 

"Lisa-Oh my god!" Jennie opened the door to find her girlfriend with injuries on her face. 

"Did you go to a basketball tournament or a boxing one?" 

She blurted out and they both paused, looking at each other with blank stares. 

"Sorry." Jennie apologized and looked at her with a grimace. Lisa snorted and burst out laughing at that. "You should have seen your face!" The younger exclaimed as the brunette pouted and swatted her arm weakly at Lisa's shoulder. 

"Let's try that again, shall we?" Lisa asked. 

Jennie nodded before shutting the door and taking a deep breath. 

Opening the door she smiled widely. "Lisa!" She said and jumped into her girlfriend's arms. 

Lisa smiled as well and carefully lifted Jennie off of the ground, spinning them around. "I missed you." 

"Me too." Jennie said once she put her down. The brunette cupped her face and pouted, tracing her thumb lightly over the cut lip. 

"Nayeon had told me Jisoo said that you guys were in a fight, I didn't know you had gotten injured." Jennie said with her cheeks puffed out. 

Lisa merely smiled and leaned down a little to kiss Jennie on the lips. "It's alright." She said simply, wanting to just enjoy being with Jennie at the moment. 

"Lisa!" A little voice exclaimed and Lisa leaned away to see Ella hopping towards her. 

"You won't believe how much Unnie missed you. She wouldn't stop whining about-" "Haha Ella, that's enough." Jennie clamped her little sister's mouth shut and chuckled awkwardly. 

"Just ignore her Lisa, sometimes she gets a little crazy-Ow!" Jennie jumped when Ella stepped on her foot, causing her to let go of . 

"Jennie and Lisa sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" She sang out, hopping away and back up to her room. 

Jennie was beet red at the moment, while Lisa was laughing wholeheartedly. "Cute." She commented and softly pinched Jennie's cheeks. 

"Honey, is Lisa here?" The brunette widened her eyes hearing her mom's voice come from behind her. 

"Quick, let's go to my room." Jennie said, holding onto Lisa's hand and dragging her up. 

"Yeah mom, we're upstairs!" She yelled before closing her door. She leaned against the back of it and sighed. "Thank god my mom didn't expose me as well." She muttered under her breath. 

She looked over to see Lisa laying down her bed like a starfish. "Tired?" She asked, walking over. Lisa nodded, closing her eyes. 

"All day I've been chewed out by either the coach, principal, or worse, my mom." She said, exhausted. 

Jennie sat down on the bed beside her and ran her fingers through the grey locks. "It's alright if you take a nap now." She said. 

Lisa opened her eyes and pouted. "I wanted to spend time with you." She whined. Jennie giggled and leaned down to kiss those lips. 

"And you will, after you get your rest. Maybe your lip might get a little better and you can kiss me some more." She reasoned out. That seemed to do the trick as Lisa nodded happily and scooted up to rest her head on the pillow. 

"Can we at least cuddle?" Lisa asked with a hopeful look in her eyes. Jennie nearly melted and happily agreed, going right in Lisa's arms. 

"I'll wake you up in time for dinner." 

"Mmhm." Lisa groaned out and opened her eyes to see darkness surrounding her. Looking over at the clock she realized that it was nearing eleven at night. 

She widened her eyes in alarm and sat up looking around for Jennie. She spotted her reading a novel in her desk chair. The brunette smiled widely and placed her book down, not forgetting to bookmark the page she was on. 

"You're finally awake sleepyhead." 

Lisa rubbed her eyes and stifled a yawn that was threatening to come out. 

"I thought you were going to wake me up for dinner?" She asked, her voice still hoarse. Jennie walked over and patted down her hair, trying to get rid of the adorable bedhead. 

"Well I tried, but you were really knocked out. Also, I think your mom wants you home." The older girl handed over her phone. 

Lisa sighed reading over the messages her mom sent. 

"I wanted to spend more time with you though." She said, shifting to the edge of the bed and tugging on Jennie's shirt to bring her closer. The brunette stood between Lisa's legs and smiled. 

"I'll just see you at school tomorrow." She reasoned. Lisa leaned up and kissed Jennie's lips, tugging a little on her bottom lip before pulling away. 

"Fine." Lisa gave in and suddenly a loud growl was heard. The basketball player flushed in embarrassment as she looked down at her stomach and Jennie laughed. 

"Don't we'll get some food in your stomach before you leave." The brunette said and pulled Lisa up. 

Walking down the stairs, Lisa finally spotted Chaerin watching TV. 

"Oh, you've finally woken up Lisa?" Jennie's mom asked, turning of the channel. 

"Yeah, sorry about that Miss Chaerin." Lisa rubbed the back of her nape.

"No problem, here I'll heat up some food for you two." Chaerin said as she got up and headed to kitchen uncovering the plates of food. 

Lisa turned around to see Jennie looking around sheepishly. "You didn't eat yet?" Jennie shrugged. "I just wasn't that hungry earlier." She said. The younger looked at her sceptically but nodded. 

Chaerin laughed as she heard that. 

"Don't listen to her excuses dear, she just wanted to eat with-" "Mom!" Jennie yelled out in embarrassment. 

"T-The food is heated." She stuttered out and crossed her arms over her chest. How many more times is her family going to embarrass her today. 

"Just remember to ice your bruise before going to bed tonight, alright?" Jennie reminded Lisa once more as she put on her shoes. 

"Got it." Lisa said once more as well. "I'll see you tomorrow morning then? I was thinking I could walk you to school so we could spend some more time together." Lisa suggested. 

Jennie smiled widely and nodded happily. "Of course, see you tomorrow." They kissed quickly and Lisa headed out. 

As Jennie shut the door and turned around her smile got wiped off as she spotted her mom and sister snickering behind their hands. 

"Jennie's in loooove." Ella said playfully. 

"Stop it!" 

Walking down the steps, Lisa was about to hop on her bike but the sudden noise from her side stopped her. 

Turning her head to the side, she widened her eyes once she saw...Jisoo? "What the hell?" Lisa whispered to herself, seeing Jisoo, her best friend, walk out of Park Chaeyoung's house. 

Suddenly both turned their head in Lisa's way and the captain dramatically fell to the ground, army crawl style, praying they didn't spot her. 

"Hmm, must have been the wind." She heard Jisoo comment. Chaeyoung looked around a little more before sighing. "I heard a noise from over there before too, but oh well." 

Lisa sighed in relief and poked her head up to see them again through a conveniently placed bush. 

"So..." Jisoo said, putting her hands behind her back and leaning on the heels of her feet. 

Park Chaeyoung crossed her arms and smirked. "So?" Jisoo blushed and wiped her hands on her shorts. "W-Will we ever do that again?" She hesitantly asked. 

The head cheerleader only gripped onto her shirt collar and pulled the basketball player forward. "Perhaps." She said before leaning in a giving her a kiss on her lips. 

They both leaned in closer and tilted their head deepening it. It was then Lisa noticed that both of their attire were sloppily placed on their bodiesand creased. And looking at their hair it seemed they were in a catfight. 

When it finally clicked in her head, the silver haired gasped loudly. So much so that she had choked on her own spit. 

The two immediately separated and snapped their heads in that direction, hearing someone wheeze out a cough. 

Lisa cleared and let out a sigh, happy that she didn't die. But that was short lived as she looked back and saw that Jisoo and Chaeyoung were both gone. 

Hearing footsteps approaching her, Lisa decided it was better she cut her losses and reveal herself, but how was she supposed to explain her creeping in a bush like a stalker? 

Turning around and spotting Chaerin's car, she didn't think twice before she laid down flat and rolled underneath. She grimaced coming face to face with the grease and dirt that was under the vehicle. 

"Hmm, there's nothing there. It was probably an animal or something." Jisoo said running her hand carefully through the bushes. 

Park Chaeyoung looked around skeptically before nodding. "Fine, but I swear that something weird is happening around here." 

Jisoo straightened up and took a look at the house, before widening her eyes in realization. 

"This is Jennie Kim's house!" She exclaimed. The blonde rolled her eyes. "No sherlock." She said and turned around to head back to her own home. 

"W-What if Lisa was here and she spotted me!" Jisoo said, running back to Chaeyoung. "Or what if Jennie saw and told her." 

Chaeyoung looked at Jisoo with a glare. "So what if they find out? Is it really that much of a crime to be with me? They aren't your parents and you don't need permission from anyone, especially Lisa." She said angrily. 

Jisoo gulped. "I-I've gotta go. See you at school Chaeyoung." The raven haired said, walking to her car. After Jisoo had driven off and Park Chaeyoung went back in her house, Lisa finally rolled out from underneath. 

"What the ." Lisa stated in disbelief. 

Jisoo hooked up Park Chaeyoung? And were planning on doing it again? 

The captain ruffled up her hair and finally got on her bike, not without sending a message to Jennie first. 

"The bottom of your car is quite dirty and uncomfortable, you know." 

Jennie furrowed her brows in confusion reading the text. 

"Why does everyone have to do something weird in my driveway."