Chapter 35

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Jisoo, please." 

Lisa asked once more, getting out of the passenger seat of Jisoo's car. The raven haired followed tow and grumbled under her breath. 

"I wanted to be with Chaengie." Lisa rolled her eyes at her saying that for the tenth time. 

"You could go be with your Chaengie later, first help me set things up." Lisa said as she juggled a pile of things in her arms. 

Jisoo narrowed her eyes but listened, carrying some of the things. 

"So tell me again why you want to go to this abandoned building?" Jisoo asked. 

"Because" Lisa ducked down and went into the tiny space. "This was where Jennie and I went after our first date together. We kissed for the first time under a shooting star." Lisa said, a little dazed as she remembered the feeling that was in her chest at the time. 

"Yuck, such a sap. You're like a maple tree at this point." Jisoo fake gagged, but followed after Lisa. 

The two made it up the ladder and stood on the top. 

"Okay, let's just set this up here and we'll be good." The silver haired took the blankets and placed them down, retrieving the pillows next. 

Jisoo pulled out the fairy lights and wrapped them around the little space they had created, plugging it into the portable outlet.

Lisa pulled a few candles out of the bag and grinned. "This is so romantic." She said to herself. 

Jisoo ignored her and plopped down into the small fort that Lisa had made for her and Jennie.

"It's alright." The raven haired dismissed. 

Lisa turned around with a glare. "Get your out of there. I don't want you making any imprints or depoofing the pillows." 

Jisoo groaned and rolled out of the spot, laying on the ground instead. "Is that even a word?" 

"No." 

"Oh good job Kuku!" Jennie squealed as the brown, fluffy dog successfully leaped up and caught the treat. 

The brunette petted the dog, giggling in excitement. 

"Hey can't I play with Kuma now!" Ella complained from across her. 

Jennie and Ella were currently at their grandma's house for a late Saturday afternoon brunch.  

Jennie just ignored her younger sister and took another biteful of scrambled eggs, discreetly giving Kuma a small piece of sausage. 

"I'm not playing with Kuku Ella, I'm eating." The brunette said. 

Grandma Kim looked up form her plate with a smile. "It's a shame you two girls are leaving so soon, why don't you spend the night?" She offered. 

Ella exclaimed in glee. "Yay! Can we Unnie? Can we?" 

Jennie frowned. "I'd love that, but I...have a commitment later tonight." She murmured shyly. Not very keen on letting her grandma know of her dating or love life. 

"Oh ya! You have date with Li-" "Kuma go play with Ella!" Jennie shouted over her sister's voice, and let the dog run around the table. 

Ella thankfully got distracted and instead continued squealing over the cute dog.

"What did you say, Ella?" Miss Kim asked. 

"Nothing! She was just joking as usual." Jennie let out nervous laughter, pulling on her hoodie as she became hot and sipped on her orange juice. 

"Alright well it was nice having brunch with you grandma. But we've got to go." The brunette stood from her chair, brushing off the crumbs. 

Ella frowned. "But I just got to play with Kuku." She complained, sulking. 

"It's okay Ella, we'll come by another day and you could spend all day with your Kuku." At the mention of that her younger sister gleamed and nodded. 

"Bye grandma!" 

Jennie opened the door wide to see Lisa standing at her doorstep with a face splitting grin. 

"Hi gorgeous." Lisa murmured, bringing forth a white lily. 

Jennie bit her lip and felt the same fluttering feeling she gets around Lisa, return.  "Thanks." She took the white lily and stared at it happily. 

"So, are you ready for our date?" 

"Where are we going? You seemed so pumped about it the other day." Jennie asked, coming out of her house and wrapping her hands around Lisa's arm. 

The captain only winked. "You'll find out soon enough." 

Jennie took this moment to look at Lisa's outfit today. She looked stunning as usual with her silver hair slightly tousled around to give a little messy look and her necklace that was hanging onto the band t-shirt, tucked into those shorts. 

Jennie mentally sighed, looking at those exposed legs. 

Going unnoticed by the brunette, Lisa leaned down close to her ear "I wore shorts because I know you like staring." Lisa whispered and placed a small kiss on her cheek before leaning back up. 

"Let's go." She announced and turned around, ignoring Jennie's flaming cheeks and stuttering voice. 

"L-L-Let's...Ya." 

The brunette trailed after her, feeling curious of the special place Lisa wanted to take them. 

"Wait...this is the same spot where we saw the stars!" 

Jennie said, recognizing the old building. Lisa grinned and got out of the car, jogging to the other side and pulling open her door. 

"Yep." She said, popping the 'p' loudly. 

The silver haired took Jennie's hand and placed a kiss on it before guiding the brunette up to the rooftop. 

After seeing the space Lisa had made, Jennie gasped loudly. 

"Babe, you did all this?" The shorter looked up to see an embarrassed Lisa. "Maybe." She murmured, her hand rubbing the back of her nape. 

"I love it." Jennie went on her tippy toes and kissed Lisa's lips in thanks. 

The silver haired gripped onto her waist and pulled her in deeper. Lisa leaned away and placed a small kiss on Jennie's nose before letting her go and taking to the blankets. 

"Food!" Jennie exclaimed once more seeing the mysteriously fresh and hot pizza with chips, drinks, and tons of other snacks. 

"You're really just loving everything today, huh?" 

Jennie paused with the pizza slice in , looking at Lisa with one of her eyebrows raised. 

Lisa laughed and shook her head. "It's nothing, don't worry." 

Over her shoulder Lisa widened her eyes as she sees Jisoo hiding behind the wall, giving her a thumbs up. 

The silver haired waved her hand aggressively, signalling Jisoo to get out of here. Jennie turned around and hummed in confusion. 

"What are you doing?"

Lisa flinched and cleared . "There was a mosquito." She explained, still waving her arm around. "A nosy one." 

"Lisa, you're acting really weird..." Jennie finished her bite and shifted to face her fully. 

"What! No, I'm not." Lisa laughed nervously. 

Jennie suddenly began to feel queasy in her stomach. "Lisa..." She inhaled deeply, trying to stop the wavering of her voice. 

"You aren't breaking up with me, right?"  She asked slowly and softly. 

"What! No way!" Lisa denied immediately. She wrapped her arms around the brunette comfortingly. 

"I'll never break up with you. What made you even think that? And if so, why would I set all this up for you?" 

Jennie groaned softly and buried her face in her hands. "Now I feel stupid and insecure. You made all this for me and I just-" She mumbled through her hands. 

Lisa softly pried them off and cupped Jennie's cheeks in her hands, melting inside when those cheeks adorably puffed up in her hands, overflowing practically. 

"Don't be, it's completely normal to feel scared or insecure sometimes. But I'll always be here to reassure you and to make you feel better." Lisa said, placing a kiss on her forehead. 

"Just consider me as your own personal energy drink." 

Jennie chuckled and that and felt her heart become lighter. "Thank you Lisa." 

"My pleasure." Lisa replied cheekily and laid down so she had a view of the stars that were starting to become clearer as the night became darker. 

She tugged on Jennie's hand and pulled her beside her.

"But you are right, Jen. I have been a little weird lately." 

The brunette turned her head to the side, looking at the silver haired.

"It's just, I've been meaning to tell you something. Something that you've been making me feel for quite a while now." Lisa bit her lip nervously and shifted to her side, so all her attention was on her girlfriend. 

"What is it?" Jennie asked softly, intertwining her hands with Lisa. Her heart began to beat rapidly, not because of dread, but because she had a feeling what was going to happen. 

"Jennie. I..." Lisa took a deep inhale in. 

"I love you."

Jennie's eyes practically bulged out of her head and Lisa would have found it hilarious if she wasn't lost in what she was saying. 

"And I know a lot of people say that high school relationships don't last or that we never really experience love that early, but with you I felt it from the beginning." Lisa rambled on. 

"You're such a beautiful soul and I can't think of a time when I'm not with you." Lisa finished her explanation, a little out of breath. 

"Jennie Kim, I'm so in love with you." 

She waited with nervous eyes for Jennie to respond to all that.

Said brunette still had her eyes widened dramatically, staring at Lisa. 

Taking the silence as a hard rejection, Lisa nodded understandingly. 

Shifting onto her back, the silver haired looked up at the stars. She was a second away from just bawling and having a breakdown, but a sudden weight landed on top of her. 

Jennie straddled her waist and looked down at her with red cheeks and teary eyes. 

"Lisa, that was beautiful. You're beautiful." The older said, chuckling amidst the tears slowly falling down her cheeks. 

Jennie bit her lip and paused for a beat, basking in the blooming feeling in her chest. 

"I love you too Lisa." 

Lisa widened her eyes at that. She placed her hands around Jennie's hips and gleamed. 

"I love you so much that I sometimes don't know what to do with myself." Jennie laughed and wiped away some of the tears that were streaming down. 

At that, Lisa surged up and captured Jennie's lips in a kiss, not minding the salty taste of the tears. 

Jennie ravelled her fingers through those silver locks she adored so much and played with the hairs at the back of Lisa's neck, smiling at the small shudder Lisa let out. 

The younger sat up and quickly placed Jennie on her back, looking down with flushed cheeks and a heaving chest. 

Instead of going down for another kiss, Lisa leaned down and wrapped Jennie in her arms, holding her close. 

The brunette did the same, feeling warm and soft in Lisa's embrace. 

"This night has been a rollercoaster of emotions." Jennie croaked out. Lisa giggled, causing Jennie to move slightly as well. 

"And it's only getting started." Lisa commented snuggling her head in the crook of Jennie's neck and placing a small kiss there.

Jennie smiled and nodded before reaching her hand out for two slices of pizza, handing the other to Lisa, the two snacked on it, chuckling. 

"You know, I really believe we are high school sweethearts." 

Jennie said, looking at the shining stars up above. 

Lisa grinned and put her arm around her shoulder. 

"I think we are too." Lisa said before leaning for another kiss.