Chapter 27

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

Jisoo jumped slightly when a body sat onto the table she was eating at. Looking up, she was surprised to see her best friend.

"Lisa, what the hell?" Jisoo exclaimed and took another bite of her sandwich.

Lisa said nothing, but picked up the older girl's drink and took sip of it. The captain hummed, recognizing it as Sprite.

Jisoo snatched it out of her hand and glared. "What are you doing here Lisa? You don't have a break right now." She put down her lunch and focused all her attention on the silver haired.

Lisa shrugged innocently, sliding down onto the bench and sitting right in front of the raven haired. "I just wanted to hang out with you, is that such a crime?"

Hearing that explanation, Jisoo calmed down and relaxed her stance. "Alright."

"Why are you so tensed though? Did something happen?" The basketball captain asked. Jisoo just shook her head. "Nope. Just enjoying my lunch." She picked up her sandwich and awkwardly showed it off.

"Mmhm, yum." She said and took another big bite, finishing it. "Swho twasthee." She mumbled with full.

Lisa grimaced and nodded. "Ok then. I'll be off to class then. Don't forget that we have plans after school to go to that new arcade place." She reminded her and was about to get up and leave, but Jisoo held onto her arm.

"Uhm," She swallowed the food in before continuing. "I won't be able to come today, how about on the weekend instead?"

Lisa frowned, but nodded. "Why? Does Irene need you for something again?" She asked curiously.

Jisoo made a confused face before nodding vigorously. "Y-Yeah. She has to move some of her things around in her dorm so, you know."

"Ok, next weekend it is then." They shook hands and the bell rang, meaning Lisa had to hurry and get to class.

She got up and was about to leave, but she turned around. "And Chu, remember you can talk to me about anything, right?" She said. Jisoo avoided her eyes and nodded. "I know." She said quietly.

With that, Lisa left and Jisoo groaned, putting her head on the table.

Her phone buzzed and she flipped it over to see a text from Park Chaeyoung.


"Are you sure your house is empty after school today? I don't anyone walking in on our fun ;)"


Park Chaeyoung


Jisoo sighed and replied that her house would definitely be free, her mind in a haze merely from the words she had sent her. She had a dopey smile plastered on her face for the rest of the day, which surely helped erase the slight guilt she felt for lying to Lisa.

Lisa walked into class and sat down, deep in her thoughts. She only turned around when she saw Joy nudge Nayeon, who was busy chewing down on a granola bar.

"Hey, you have a pencil I can burrow?" The redhead asked and Lisa chuckled mentally as she saw Nayeon pout, silently saying goodbye to one of her pencils. The sight immediately reminded her of Jennie. No wonder those two are best friends.

She was about to reluctantly hand it over when Lisa spoke up.

"I got one Joy." Lisa said and tossed one of her pencils to the cheerleader. Joy smiled slightly in thanks before going back to her seat.

Nayeon scooted over so she was beside Lisa. "Thanks for saving me and my pencil." Lisa smiled widely. "No problem."

"Here." Nayeon said as she handed her a granola bar as compensation. Lisa laughed but took it.

"You and Jennie are really similar, if I didn't know about you two I would've believed you guys were sisters, twins even." Lisa mentioned as she took a bite out of it.

Nayeon snorted at that. "Yeah, we get that a lot. But I'm obviously the cuter one, right Lisa?" She said taking a bite and smiling widely.

Lisa rose one of her eyebrows at the display. She put her hands up in surrender and Nayeon laughed.

"I'm so telling Jennie you thought I was cute." She teased.

"You know, you and Jisoo are pretty similar as well, if you think about it." Nayeon said thoughtfully.

"How so?" "Well, you're both on the basketball team, athletic, goofy, have similar hobbies, but still hella lazy-" "Ok, I think I get it." Lisa interrupted before Nayeon went on about all their flaws as well.

"Just saying." Nayeon said and finished her snack and was about to throw away the wrapper when Lisa said something quietly. 

"We are close aren't we, Jisoo and I?" Nayeon looked at her in confusion. "Uh, of course. You guys do everything and even share everything together." The older girl said. 

Lisa nodded. "Yeah, we share everything with each other." She murmured more to herself than to Nayeon. 

The brunette was about to ask why Lisa was so weird, but the teacher had finally walked in, signalling the class to quiet down. 

"Hey, wait up."

Jennie only fastened her walking down the hallway, to the point that it looked like she had to urgently go to the restroom, well maybe she did. 

"Kim!" Yeri yelled out in exhaustion.

Jennie only squeaked and opened up another door, still pretending to not hear Yeri. 

"Oh would you look at the time, I've gotta get to class." She said loudly and was about to turn the corner when her eyes came in contact with the blonde chasing her. 

"Jennie Kim." Yeri said, partially out of breath. The cheerleader placed her hands on her knees and leaned down to take a few deep breaths before straightening up with an agitated look on her face. 

"I'm positive you heard me the first time." She said accusingly. Jennie only showed a nervous smile and shrugged helplessly. 

"I-I was listening to music." She said a lousy excuse. Jennie seemed only slightly nervous on the outside but on the inside she was screaming at herself. 

"I don't even have anything in my ears! She would have to be an idiot to fall for that!" She thought to herself. 

Yeri looked at her skeptically before nodding her head in understanding. "Don't worry, I understand. I literally can never focus when I'm listening to music. Seems like I only have a one track mind."

"So, what did you want to talk about?" The brunette asked. She really just wanted to be gone by now. Preferably on a quiet study table reading her novel or finishing up some work. Or maybe even with Lisa. 

"Well, I have a party coming up next week. And I just thought that you would like to be invited." Yeri explained as she pulled out her phone and clicked on the invitation. "Lisa is going to be coming for sure, and she would definitely bring you along as well, so I decided to be the smart, intelligent, thoughtful person that I am, and invite you as well." 

Yeri put out her hand expectantly. "Give me your phone." 

Jennie widened her eyes and immediately patted herself down at the authoritative tone. 

"Here." She pulled it out of back pocket and gave it without hesitation. "You can at least unlock it first." Yeri said with a raised eyebrow. 

Jennie looked up in alarm. "Right!" The brunette took back the phone and put in her password. The cheerleader then smiled widely and put in her contact, sending her the invite. 

"Perfect!" She swirled around, her skirt moving with her. 

"Hope to see you there Kim!" She said behind her. 

Jennie nodded dumbly looking at the invite. "Okay." She murmured quietly. 

"Now, do you think I suit the colour yellow more, or orange?" 

"Both." Joy and Yeri answered at the same time.  

Park Chaeyoung looked up with a bright, proud smile. "That's right girls." 

Sitting on the couches in the student lounge, Yeri sorted through all the other invites on her phone, sending them to various students. 

The head cheerleader was busy filing her nails and Joy was in the middle of a very important mobile game. "Don't forget to send one to Nayeon too." Park Chaeyoung reminded her. Yeri looked up with a sigh. 

"That means I have to go hunt her down as well. You know it took me half an hour to track down Jennie. She kept running away like I was some evil witch." 

The blonde snorted. "That's because you are." Yeri opened in shock while Joy laughed. 

Chaeyoung put down her filer and dusted off of her skirt. "Just don't forget her, alright?" Yeri nodded and made a mental note to drop by one of her classes. 

"Where are you headed now?" Joy asked, finally finishing the level she was stuck at. "I have commitment I have to attend to." The head cheerleader merely said, standing up and smirking. 

"See you later." 

Joy and Yeri watched as Chaeyoung walked out of the lounge, with a little more swing in her hips and more zing and pep in her walk. 

"She's been differently lately, hasn't she?" Yeri wondered aloud. Joy nodded her head. "She's even gone a whole week without threatening a freshman over something." She mentioned. 

"And the fact that she's wanting to invite practically everyone to the party. The Park Chaeyoung a few months ago would definitely kill the current one if she sees what she's doing." 

Yeri put her back against the couch and stared up in thought. "I wonder what commitment she has to attend to. Usually she'll bring us along." 

Joy exhaled through her nose and shook her head. "You are quite stupid, you do realize that right?" She looked at the younger in disbelief. 

Yeri pouted and crossed her arms. "I'm not stupid, my mind is just preoccupied with other things. More important things." "With what? The different coupons that stores have to offer?" Yeri glared at the redhead. 

The taller girl laughed scooted closer to Yeri, leaning into her ear. 

"You wanna know what commitment she has?" She asked quietly. Yeri nodded eagerly. 

"The commitment is Kim Jisoo." Joy whispered into her ear, she looked around afterwards to see if anyone heard and luckily they were safe. 

Yeri gasped loudly and dramatically. "Oh. My. God." She said in disbelief. Joy only nodded with a smug face. "They've been hooking up for a few days now. At least that's what I think." 

The younger looked at Joy in confusion. "How do you know? Did Chaeyoung tell you? And why didn't anyone tell me?" She whined. Joy only shook her head. "Chaeyoung didn't say anything, I just have my ways of finding out." 

Yeri sat back in astonishment. "So that's why she's been so bright lately. Usually she's like a storm cloud about to burst." 

"Yep. Although I am curious though." Joy her chin in thought. "About what?" 

"How good Jisoo really is? I mean if she's able to make Park Chaeyoung smile like a kid on Christmas day then..." She trailed off her sentence and Yeri gasped once again. 

Jennie highlighted another passage in her notes before her vision suddenly darkened. A pair of hands covered her face and she felt someone lean closer to her. 

"Guess who?" 

The brunette broke out into a wide smile at that. "Lisa!" She said excitedly. 

The voice giggled and the hands were removed. Jennie turned around to see Lisa smiling. "Correct." The younger said, sitting beside Jennie. 

"So, what are you still doing here?" Lisa asked, scanning over the various pages Jennie had out. "I was just waiting for my mom to pick me up. She had an off day at work so she decided to take me and Ella to the park to have a picnic after school." Jennie said excitedly. 

Lisa giggled and leaned in to give Jennie a quick kiss for being so adorable. "That's cute." 

"So, what are you still doing here? I thought you were going to that game place." Jennie asked, closing her books and packing up. 

Lisa pouted. "Jisoo had some other plans. Apparently Irene needs help to move a few things." She sad, disappointment in her voice. "But it's fine." The silver haired suddenly brightened up and smiled, not wanting to sulk over that.  

"Alright." Jennie pecked Lisa's lips. The brunette's phone buzzed and she read the message sent from her mom. "I've gotta go now, my mom's here. But do you wanna call before bed?" 

"Of course." They both stood up and Lisa laced her fingers through the brunette locks bringing her closer for a deeper kiss. 

Jennie softly put her hands on Lisa's shoulders and leaned away. "As much as I want to keep doing that, I really have to go." Lisa chuckled and nodded in understanding. 

"Bye. And say hi to Ella and Chaerin for me please." "Of course." Jennie gathered her bag and waved Lisa bye before leaving. 

Lisa sighed and slumped down on the chair Jennie was previously sitting on. 

"What am I supposed to do now?"