Chapter 30

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"You !" 

Jennie turned around at the loud, accusing tone to see an angry Nayeon stomping towards her. She widened her eyes and yelped. 

"It wasn't my fault!" Jennie said in defence putting her textbook out in front of her to act as some sort of protection. 

Nayeon huffed, slowing down her steps as she stood in front of Jennie. 

"Then please explain why I was left alone with Jeongyeon, making a fool of myself, for an hour!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms up in exasperation. 

"I rammed into a wall while seeing something I shouldn't see!" Jennie explained simply. 

Nayeon looked at her skeptically. "Is that why your forehead is looking like Mt. Everest right now?" 

Jennie gasped and instinctively covered up her bump. "Rude. But yes." 

"And you wouldn't believe who I walked in on doing it. It was Park Chaeyoung and Jisoo." The brunette lowered her voice at the end of her sentence. 

Nayeon's jaw dropped, before her brain rewinded what had happened last night. "Oh my god! So I got into a car with them after they had !" 

"Quiet in the halls ladies. And watch what you say." A teacher reprimanded them as she walked down. 

"I felt that something was off." Nayeon whispered in rage. 

Before Jennie could say something else, loud commotion filled the halls. 

"Chaeyoung and Jisoo?" 

"Woah, I didn't know they were together!" 

Looking behind them Nayeon and Jennie's jaws simultaneously fell as they saw Park Chaeyoung walking into school with her arm hooked around Jisoo's. 

People lined up and down the hall, creating some sort of an entrance for the surprising couple. 

"Oh. My. God." 

Nayeon and Jennie both said together. 

"You really didn't have to do this." Jisoo said into Chaeyoung's ear. The blonde only winked at her. "I want to make it right with you. And it starts by telling everyone to mind their own business and not talk to us." 

Park Chaeyoung said the last sentence glaring at the group of girls who were sulking at the sight of the basketball player really being taken. 

Jisoo shook her head. "You could just say you're jealous." She teased. 

The blonde rolled her eyes. "One thing at a time." She grumbled under her breath. 

They reached the cheerleader's locker and they both stood there awkwardly. 

"Uh, do I head to mine now or do I wait for you?" Jisoo asked. Chaeyoung hummed, trying to think in her head. 

She just shrugged. "Usually I would just tell the others to off." 

Jisoo gulped at that. 

"But...I guess you can go to your locker and I'll swing by to say goodbye before class." 

The older girl beamed and nodded her head, diligently pacing down the hall to go to her own locker. 

"So, summer break is coming up soon. Are you going to be travelling anywhere?" Lisa asked Jisoo, who still hadn't broken the oath of not speaking to her. 

The silver haired poked her arm with a pencil and Jisoo flinched, turning to look at her with a glare. 

"What was that for?" She whispered harshly, still mindful that they were in class. 

"That was to annoy you." Lisa said back, snickering a little when Jisoo's nose flared with agitation. 

"Very funny." Jisoo said and scooted her chair away from Lisa. The silver haired pouted. 

"Jisoo when are you going to talk to me? It's been practically a week. And I'm not holding any grudge against you." Lisa poked her again and Jisoo finally turned to face her fully. 

The older girl sighed. "I'm sorry. It's just weird for me. I mean-you walked in on me doing the hoo-hah." 

Lisa covered with her hand to avoid any laughter coming out. "The hoo-hah?" She wheezed out. 

Jisoo turned red at that slip up. "You know what I mean." She grumbled and Lisa silently laughed a bit more. 

The blush had even spread from Jisoo's neck till the tip of her ears. "You look like a tomato." 

"Huh, I never expected Kim Jisoo to be this shy when talking about this. Where was this energy when you were teasing me about Jennie." Lisa asked, pushing Jisoo's shoulder playfully. 

"That was different. It was about you and not me." Jisoo explained, the redness still not subsiding. 

Lisa quietly laughed some more before settling down. "Well, I wanted to call a truce." She put her hand out. "Let's just leave all this stuff behind us." 

Jisoo pouted and looked down at the extended hand. "Are you sure?" She asked. 

Lisa smiled and nodded. "And I promise I won't judge you. You're your own person and I won't dictate whatever you say or do." 

"Lisa, I don't mind that." The raven haired was quick to object and turned in her seat to face her properly. 

"You're my best friend and I know you're only looking out for me." Jisoo sighed. "I should be the one apologizing. I hooked up with your ex after you told me it was a bad idea and I lied to you about it as well." 

She looked down guiltily. 

"You don't have to do that Chu. It's all good." Jisoo smiled slightly at how forgiving her friend is. 

"So, truce?" 

Lisa stuck out her hand and Jisoo gladly took it, shaking it. 

"And as an extra point, you guys could come have lunch with Jen and I." 

"Really?" Jisoo looked up surprised. "It won't be weird?" 

"It'll only be weird if you let it be." Lisa nudged her and scooted back to her seat, paying attention to the teacher again. 

Jisoo smiled giddily. 

"Oooh, this is good." Jennie said after swallowing the mouth full of the sandwich. She enthusiastically gave a thumbs up to Lisa, who was looking in anticipation. 

Lisa smiled widely in relief and took a bite of the kimchi fried rice Jennie made for her. "Woah!" She widened her eyes in amazement. "How?" She asked out in wonder. 

Jennie giggled and just shrugged. "It wasn't much, I've been making it since I was younger." She said nonchalantly. 

Lisa frowned looking at her simple meal. "Now I feel bad just making you a sandwich." She said sulking. Jennie wrapped her arms around the younger's waist and rested her chin on her shoulder. 

"Don't be, it was the best sandwich I've ever had." She said with a kiss on her cheek. Lisa could only look at her skeptically. "I just slapped two pieces of bread, vegetables and sauce together, but sure thing." 

"What! It was." The brunette insisted cutely and Lisa chuckled and the convincing. "Alright alright, I'll believe you." The silver haired said and kissed Jennie's lips to stop her from whining. 

From the other side of the table, Jisoo and Chaeyoung sat together awkwardly. 

The blonde continued to eat her own lunch, only rolling her eyes at the lovey dovey antics she was witnessing. 

Jisoo on the other hand was gushing just thinking about her and Chaeyoung doing that too. The raven haired looked expectantly at the latter, who was still munching on her apple. 

Nudging her elbow a little, the blonde looked up in confusion. "What is it?" 

Jisoo gestured towards her lunch with a shy smile. Passing her the spaghetti she was eating, the older held out her hand, waiting for the head cheerleader to give her something in return. 

Chaeyoug sighed but looked at her lunch tray, the only thing that was basically left was her half eaten apple. Contemplating in her head for some time, she decided it was better than nothing. 

The blonde took another bite out of it and placed it in Jisoo's extended hand, going her a tight lipped smile. 

Jisoo grimaced. "A half eaten apple?" Park Chaeyoung merely shrugged. "I'm a big eater. That was the only thing left." She said, picking up the fork and already digging into the spaghetti she had just gotten. 

The raven haired sighed. 

"Maybe exchanging food isn't our thing." 

≈ 

Jennie and Lisa laughed loudly as Jennie said another horrible dad joke. Lisa doubled over and had tears in her eyes. "That was so bad." She wheezed out. 

Jennie herself was in tears, wiping her eyes under her glasses. 

"How'd you even come up with that?" The brunette only shrugged and shook her head. 

"Ahem. Manoban?" 

A voice cleared behind them and they both turned around to see the principal standing there. 

Jennie straightened her back and bowed down while Lisa was still a little at ease, nodding her head to show respect. 

"I actually wanted to talk to you about your current academic situation." The principal said, flipping through the papers he was holding. 

The silver haired frowned, already thinking of the worst. 

"And it's great that you're already here with Jennie." He continued on. 

The brunette discreetly took Lisa's hand in hers and gave it a slight squeeze to hopefully ease some of the tension off.   

"Your marks have been steadily increasing and I can see that you've been submitting in homework and assignment on time as well. The principal said with a smile. 

Lisa sighed in relief and smiled happily at Jennie. 

"Well it only happened thanks to the amazing tutor I had." The younger said, staring straight at the now flustered Jennie. 

"Of course. Miss Kim's tutoring must have been remarkable for you to show results this quickly." The principal extended his hand and they both took turns shaking it. 

"It really was." Lisa whispered under her breath and Jennie blushed. 

The man took his leave and Jennie lightly pushed Lisa away. 

"Why'd you have to say those things in front of the principal!" She exclaimed. Lisa laughed loudly. 

"What? It's true!" She tugged on Jennie's hands and brought in to her body. "Although we did do something else other than tutoring." She whispered and leaned down to kiss the brunette. 

Jennie was taken by surprise but gladly reciprocated. She broke off the kiss after a while and ran her fingers through Lisa's silver locks. 

"So, I guess you aren't in need of tutor now are you?" She asked. 

Lisa smiled widely and shook her head. "Nope." The younger leaned out of Jennie's touch and walked towards her bike. 

The brunette pouted at that action, feeling a little pang in her chest. 

"But I am in need of a beautiful and intelligent girlfriend." Lisa finished, ringing the bell on her bicycle.

"So do you mind hoping on and joining me for a quick fro-yo date?" 

Jennie felt her heart swell up and she smiled her gummy smile, gladly sitting at the back of her bike and wrapping her arms tightly around Lisa's weight.

"Of course." Jennie answered with a quick peck on Lisa's cheeks. 

≈ 

😚✌🏼