Chapter 11

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Jennie Unnie!" Ella barged into her sister's room and jumped onto her bed, trampling the body underneath the covers. "Ugh, Ella I'm up, I'm up." Jennie said throwing the covers off of her and rolling away from Ella. 

Her younger sister smiled brightly at her. "Rise and Shine!" She exclaimed and Jennie groaned. "Why must you be so energetic in the morning?" She asked and sat up, rubbing her sleepy eyes. "Becauseeee-" Ella responded, stretching out the word as she crouched down facing Jennie. 

"Lisa's here!" Jennie opened in shock. "What?!" She whisper shouted. Ella nodded her head excitedly, not catching onto the disbelief in Jennie's voice. "See you at breakfast." Ella said and hopped off of the bed, running out of the room. 

Jennie scrambled out of bed and checked her phone, seeing text messages. All from Lisa. 

 

"Hey, is it alright if I can catch a ride to school with you today? No bike as promised :)"

 

"I'll take your silence as a yes. See you soon." 

 

-Lisa 💓

 

Yes, her contact name for her was pretty embarrassing, but in Jennie's case, no one would see it besides her, so what was the big deal?

The brunette rushed to the bathroom quickly and the shower, deciding that she would have to brush her teeth in there too, to save time.

Running downstairs, she ran her hairbrush through her hair one more time and stuffed it in her bag before coming into the kitchen, seeing Lisa seated on the kitchen table, eating toast. 

"Uh, I don't think I can eat anymore Miss Chaerin." Lisa said patting her stomach. "Oh nonsense, you're so slim, you've gotta eat some more if you want to run on that court." Jennie's mom placed a waffle on her plate and smiled.

Jennie cleared , making herself known. "Sorry mom, but we've gotta get to school." She said, looking at Lisa with an amused look. Lisa mouthed a thank you, and sprung up from her seat. "Bye Ella, bye Miss Chaerin, your cooking is phenomenal by the way." She complimented and headed out the door with Jennie.

"God, if your mom made me eat another thing I swear my stomach would have burst." Lisa said looking down at her tummy. Jennie chuckled. "Well, your welcome then." She said. The two headed down the driveway, and began their walk to school. 

"You didn't need to walk me to school today, you know." Jennie said, looking over at Lisa. The taller girl shrugged and smile shyly. "Well, I am courting you, so I'm giving you a sneak peak of what's soon to come." Lisa walked on, leaving Jennie to wonder how she can come with something even more charming than the last time. 

"How's your cut?" Jennie asked, taking notice of the bandaid that was right above her eyebrows. Lisa shrugged nonchalantly. "It's no big deal, I'm a basketball player so I'm used to taking hits." Jennie pressed her finger on it without warning and watched with amusement as Lisa winced. "Hey!" She hissed out in pain. 

The brunette rose her eyebrows teasingly. "I thought you were used to taking hits, so what's the matter, couldn't take that one?" She commented. Lisa huffed and smiled slightly, before turning her face into a glare. "You're so gonna pay for that." She said and took on after Jennie, who began to run down the walkway, not wanting to get caught. 

"Get back here!" 

Entering the school, Jennie suddenly felt all eyes on her as she walked through the doors with Lisa. The younger girl seemed not to notice anything as she continued on walking to her locker. "Jennie, come on." Lisa said to the suddenly slow Jennie. 

"Y-Yeah." They both walked through the hallway, feeling the eyes of the cheerleaders burning onto the back Jennie's head. Lisa stopped at Jennie's locker and leaned against it. She smiled widely. 

The brunette blushed and fumbled with her lock, trying not to be distracted. "I guess I'll see you afterwards?" Lisa asked. Jennie nodded her head. "Ya, sure." She tried not to be too excited for that. "Great! Bye Jennie!" Lisa called out excitedly and rushed over to her own locker.

"What the hell was that about?" Jennie heard from behind her shoulder. She jumped, but sighed when she saw that it was only Nayeon. "It was Lisa walking me to school?" She commented and went back to taking her books from her locker. 

"Yeah, no . But I wanna know why?" She closed Jennie's locker and the brunette turned around to face her with a huff. "I wasn't done." Nayeon shrugged, not caring about that. 

"I'll tell you once we get to class." Jennie said walking off, wanting to delay the conversation further. "Oh bull." Nayeon rushed up to her. "You just want to get out of this talk, and sorry to inform you but the train has already left the station." 

Jennie sighed in defeat, knowing there was no getting out of it now. "Fine, you want the story?" Nayeon smiled brightly and nodded her head up and down rapidly. "Then I'll give you the story." 

For the rest of their classes together, Jennie told Nayeon every single detail of her and Lisa's life. 

"So...?" Lisa continued to stare straight ahead to the board. "Sooooo...?" The voice dragged it out a little longer.

Lisa sighed and finally turned to face the owner of that annoying voice. "What Jisoo?" She asked sharply. Jisoo chuckled quietly. 

"A little birdie told me that you and Kim have been getting it on." She whispered teasingly. "Your name is Kim as well, you know that right?" Lisa said, changing the topic. Jisoo narrowed her eyes. "I meant your tutor. Besides, my name is Kim Jisoo, and her's is Jennie Kim. Big difference in how you say it." 

"Pretty sure you can say them both ways." Lisa copied down the note from the board and nudged Jisoo to do the same. The older girl did so and looked back up. "Whatever, just tell me if it's true or not." She asked impatiently.

Lisa rolled her eyes. "What do you mean by, 'get it on'. We literally just became friends." Jisoo smirked. "Yeah, friends with benefits." "That's it you little ." Lisa said loudly and brought her arms up to potentially choke Jisoo out, but stopped as the teacher called out. 

"Miss Manoban, watch your language. Next time you'll be serving a detention and getting a write up." The teacher spoke from the other side of the class. The rest of the students quietly snickered, and Lisa rolled her eyes. "Yeah, like my mom would care if I said in class." She said quietly, still afraid of being caught. "She's probably halfway across the world right now, eating lunch at some monument." 

"How about you spend the night at my place? I'm sure my mom likes you more than me at this point, so it's fine." Jisoo offered, knowing that Lisa was probably feeling lonely up in the house alone. "We can also discuss all this too, I'm never letting this go." She said and went back to taking notes. 

Lisa shook her head at her friend's persistence. "Sure, but I'm heading over to Jennie's before coming to your place. I have to drop her home." Lisa explained, hearing the bell ring and packing up. Jisoo followed suite. 

"Hold up, you're courting Kim?" She asked in disbelief. "Again, there are so many Kim's in this school." Lisa countered and stood up, ready to head over to Jennie. 

Jisoo quickly stood in Lisa's way. "We are so having this conversation later." She pointed a finger at Lisa with a warning glance before leaving. Lisa rolled her eyes once again, but chuckled at her friend. 

"I swear, she wouldn't leave me alone for the rest of the day." Lisa chuckled at Jennie's exhausted face. "Well, at least the teacher didn't start ing on you." Lisa mentioned, moving closer to Jennie. 

They were standing outside of Jennie's house after finishing their study session. 

"Are you sure you can't stay a little longer?" The brunette asked, holding onto Lisa's hand. She let out a little pout at the end of her sentence, and Lisa's knees felt weak at that. "Y-Yeah, I can stay." She said breathlessly, not thinking clearly after that. 

"Yay!" Jennie smiled brightly and jumped up and down slightly. Lisa giggled at her cuteness. "I'll just tell Jisoo I'll be coming over a little later." Lisa more than happily pulled out her phone and texted her friend. 

Hearing the name Jisoo, Jennie got reminded of the favour her friend asked her. To find out if Jisoo is single or not. She mentally rolled her eyes at Nayeon, who wouldn't let go of her until she agreed to ask. She pushed that aside, just wanting to spend time with Lisa. 

"Alright, I got an hour or two, what do you want to do?" Lisa asked, pocketing her phone and smiling at Jennie. The older girl turned and opened the door, heading upstairs, Lisa following behind. 

"Hmm, how about a movie?" Jennie suggested, seeing her laptop laying on the bed. Lisa grinned at that. 

Hopping onto the bed, they both laid down and snuggled up. Jennie opened up Netflix and put on the first movie she could find. 

"I didn't know you were into the thriller and horror genre." Lisa said, watching Jennie scroll through that. The brunette shrugged. "Halloween's coming up, so it's only necessary to watch a scary movie." She said. Lisa nodded uneasily. "Of course." 

Landing on IT, Jennie smiled triumphantly. "Perfect." "You wanna watch the crazy clown movie?" Lisa asked in disbelief. "Yep. It's perfect. Ha, see what I did there?" Jennie chuckled, but Lisa was too distracted to laugh at that. 

"Y-Yep. It sure is." She responded and let Jennie press play. "Are you doing anything for halloween?" Jennie asked as the opening credits came on. Lisa nodded. "Yep. I'm having a little get together at my place, and I'd love for you to be there." She asked with a cheesy smile on her lips. 

Jennie blushed a little seeing that. "Of course I'll be there." She promised and leaned in to peck Lisa on the cheek, dangerously close to her lips. "That's great." Lisa said bringing her hand to where she had gotten kissed. "Also I was wondering-AHH!" 

Lisa jumped up as she saw the clown's face emerge from the sewer. It bit off the boy's arm and dragged him in. "Holy !" The captain screamed in a high pitched voice again and unconsciously brought her head down to Jennie's neck, trying to hide herself as much as possible. Jennie widened her eyes in alarm and by instinct wrapped her arms around Lisa's torso. 

She reached out and paused the movie, bringing her hand to Lisa's cheek, pulling her face up to meet her eyes. "Are you okay?" She asked, and Lisa turned red at her scream. "Yeah." She said and pulled away. Clearing , she pulled on the collar of her shirt, feeling a little embarrassed. 

"You can play the movie." She said and Jennie shook her head. "No. I'll just choose another." "Hey, I'm not . Now put the creepy clown back on the screen." Lisa shuddered from thinking about that clown.

"Fine, but if you get too scared, I'll switch it." The brunette played it once more and this time, snuggled into Lisa's side, pressing her body into hers. Lisa mentally thanked her and wrapped her arms around Jennie, pulling her closer. She rested her chin onto of Jennie's head and continued to watch the movie. 

Throughout the various scares, Lisa still jumped and screamed slightly, and Jennie leaned onto her even more and Lisa hugged her even tighter. 

By the end, Jennie was practically on top of Lisa, but she wasn't going to complain.