Chapter 13

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Well, come on up here and collect your halo." The mc said and everyone looked on in anticipation. 

"What?!" 

Jennie snapped out of her trance as she heard a sharp voice yell from beside her. Turning her head, she saw an agitated Yeri.

"You can't give her the halo! It's Chaeyoung's." She protested loudly. The crowd broke out into yells of protest. "H-Hey, settle down now." Jungkook spoke uneasily into the mic. 

The brunette gulped and looked at Chaeyoung, who had on a death glare towards her. All of sudden, the head cheerleader marched towards her, with a clear goal in her mind. 

Jennie widened her eyes in alarm and stumbled backwards. "Oh dear lord, I'm about to die!" She screamed in her head. As the blonde fury approached her, Jennie's legs felt like they were going to give out. "Ah , I can't die a !" Jennie realized. "Noooo!" 

Lisa saw the whole thing and quickly jumped off the stage. She rushed over and stood in between Jennie and Chaeyoung.

"Guys, let's just relax, and remember it's just a competition." She said looking into Chaeyoung's eyes. The blonde glared, but eventually sighed and backed away. "Whatever. I still won." She flipped her hair over her shoulder. Jennie peeked her head over Lisa's shoulder and looked at the cheerleader with frightened eyes. "I am so sorry, Chaeyoung. I had no idea I would win and-" She rambled on and Chaeyoung put her hand up to stop her. 

"I don't care." The blonde spoke sharply and her heels, heading out of the gym. "Well I care! And I know Jennie rigged the contest, she probably just wanted to be with Lisa!" Yeri yelled angrily and pointed her finger towards Jennie. 

Lisa scrunched her eyebrows and looked at Yeri. She made a move to step forward, but a hand caught her arm. "Lisa, don't. Let's just get out of here." Jennie begged, feeling nervous under everyone's eyes. 

The captain turned to face Jennie with an angry face. "No Jennie, I'm tired of everyone bad mouthing you." She spoke softly to Jennie, despite her being fired up still. She made a move to walk up to Yeri, but the brunette tugged on her arm desperately, trying to get Lisa stop. 

"No, let's just go back to my place and watch a movie or something." Jennie smiled, hoping to convince Lisa. The younger sighed. "Fine, only because you're so cute." Lisa said and cupped Jennie's face with her hand. 

The crowd seemed to break out in a collective gasp seeing that. 

Lisa winked at Jennie before abruptly turning around and holding the brunette's hand in hers. "If anyone needs to know, I'm courting Jennie." Yeri widened her eyes in alarm as she stared at them. 

"And if anyone dares to say anything to, or even about her, then you'll be facing me." She said sharply and walked out of the gymnasium, Jennie's hand in hers. 

"What the ." Jennie breathed out in confusion as she stopped the car in front of her house and put her head on the steering wheel. Lisa smiled at her. "Sorry about that." She apologized, and Jennie's head shot up. "No, I should be sorry, if I hadn't won then none of that would have happened." Jennie spoke as she stared out of her window, feeling guilty for ruining Lisa's night. 

"Hey, look at me." Lisa spoke softly and grabbed Jennie's right hand in both of her's. "You did absolutely nothing wrong tonight Jennie. It's not your fault that people find you irresistible." She spoke and leaned in for a quick kiss on the brunette's forehead. 

"Come on, let's go have a movie night." She smiled cutely and got out of the car, leaving Jennie and her flustered state behind. The brunette breathed in deeply to settle herself and got out of the car, locking it behind her and heading up the steps. 

Feeling around in her pockets, she groaned. "What's wrong?" Lisa asked, looking over to her. "I forgot to bring the house keys." Jennie said and rung the doorbell once. 

A few seconds later, the door swung open to reveal a smiling Ella. "Trick or treat!" She said happily. Lisa chuckled and ruffled up her hair. "Ella, you're not supposed to say trick or treat if you're in the house." Jennie said. "And it's not even halloween yet. It's tomorrow." "I know, just practicing, Unnie." 

Jennie laughed at her little sister and walked into her home. "Oh, so how was the contest ladies?" Chaerin spoke, coming into view. Lisa smiled and hooked her arm around Jennie. "First place, as always." She said with fake arrogance and flipped her hair over her shoulder. 

Jennie's mom laughed at that. "Alright, well you guys better hang together before it gets too dark, right Lisa?" She asked. Lisa nodded. "Of course, Miss Chaerin." 

The older girl didn't let her mom say anything else as she took Lisa's hand and dragged her up the stairs to her room. "Alright, what do you want to watch?" She asked, closing the door and locking it, just in case Ella decided to barge in while they were in a...let's say compromising position. 

Lisa shrugged as she took off her jacket, leaving her in a thin white tank top. Jennie gulped taking a look at Lisa's now exposed shoulders, which were quite broad, and her prominent collarbones. "Your choice Jennie." 

She merely said and dove into the brunette's bed, laying back with her arms crossed behind her head. 

Jennie's brain short-circuited for a second as she saw Lisa in black ripped jeans with a belt and a tank top, laying in her bed, looking like she was ready for- "Uhh." She opened and replied dumbly, way too distracted to think of any movies at the moment. 

"Let's watch an animated one." Jennie said, thinking that it would be the best to take those really inappropriate thoughts out of her head. She took off her own leather jacket, not making much of it when she saw Lisa tense. 

When she was left in just a turtleneck and denim shorts, she climbed into bed with Lisa and pulled up her laptop. 

Lisa couldn't take her mind nor eyes off of Jennie clad in a turtleneck. A tight, black turtleneck, one that accentuated her every curve. The younger girl quickly averted her gaze to the screen when she saw Jennie turn to look at her.

"Ooh, we should watch Aladdin." Jennie suggested and clicked on it before giving Lisa the chance to respond. Lisa chuckled at that. "Sure." She said sarcastically. 

"Uhm, Jennie I wanted to ask a question." Lisa spoke up hesitantly as the opening credits rolled in. 

Jennie hummed, a little too into the movie. "Jennie." Lisa shook her lightly and turned her head to face her. 

"I was thinking that we could go on a date on Saturday." She said quietly with slightly red cheeks. 

"Huh?!" Jennie spoke in surprise. Lisa wanted to go on a date, with her? 

"Yeah, I mean I'm courting you, so it only makes sense that I take you on dates. Because when you become my girlfriend, you're going to have to get used to them." Lisa whispered close to Jennie's ear and pecked her cheek before smiling widely. 

"So, what do you say?" She asked, hopeful that Jennie would say. 

"I-Of course I'd love to go on a date with you." Jennie exclaimed excitedly and wrapped her arms around Lisa's neck, in extreme joy. 

Not realizing it, her face came dangerously close to Lisa's, to the point where she could even smell the slight smell of spearmint coming from her breath. She mentally swooned at the fact that Lisa's breath even smelt amazing. 

The captain gulped, and carefully s her hands around Jennie's waist, bringing her closer to her body. "Lisa." She heard Jennie breathe out and she surged upwards. 

Gliding her lips gently across the brunette's cheek, she traced her fingers slowly up Jennie's spine, leaving a trail of goosebumps in her wake, until she reached her face and cupped it. 

The brunette's gaze fluttered from those doe eyes to those plump lips repeatedly, almost as if she was in a trance.  Jennie tangled her fingers in Lisa's silver hair and brought her other hand up and traced Lisa's jawline lightly. 

"Jennie." Lisa's eyes fluttered as she felt Jennie run her hand through her hair. "I wanna kiss you so bad right now." Lisa begged as she tightened her hold on Jennie. The older girl gulped and nodded slowly. "Me too." She whispered and brought her head down, so close to feeling those lips against her, finally

All of a sudden, they both felt a intense vibration in between them and jumped away. Lisa patted her jean's pockets as she felt around for her phone. Finding it in her front pocket, she growled in annoyance and looked at the caller id. 

Jennie was pissed that her almost kiss had been interrupted once again, but hearing that growl exit from Lisa's mouth made it worth it. Almost. 

"Sorry Jennie, but Jisoo's calling me." Lisa said with a pout and sad eyes, and Jennie was astonished at how Lisa could go from being a literal goddess to a cute puppy.

Jennie smiled at her. "Go answer, it might be important." She patted down Lisa's hair and moved completely off of her so she could answer the call. 

Lisa got off the bed and leaned against the far wall. "What's the problem Jisoo, and it better be a life threatening situation, or I'm seriously going to kill you." Lisa hissed into the phone and Jennie put her hand over to avoid laughing at how angry Lisa was at the moment. 

"Oh, it's a life threatening problem all right." Jisoo said urgently through the phone. Lisa furrowed her brows and straightened herself up. "What? What happened?" She asked. 

"Alright, so I accidentally ate a chicken bone." Lisa scrunched her face up in confusion. "Sorry, what? You ate a what?" 

"A chicken bone! God, are you deaf or some ?!" Jisoo exclaimed in the phone, clearly panicking. "You know what, goodbye Jisoo. Hopefully you'll it out before it punctures your intestine or some other stuff." 

"What! No-no-no-no!" Jisoo spoke desperately and Lisa huffed, not ending the call. "What do you want me to do? I'm not a doctor." 

"I just want to know if it's deadly or not. I mean, death by chicken isn't necessarily a bad thing in my dictionary but-" 

"Goodbye, Chu." Lisa said and hung up. Jennie bit her lip to contain her giggles watching Lisa roll her eyes in annoyance. 

"So, where were we?" Lisa pocketed her phone and walked towards Jennie slowly. 

"I don't know, why don't you come show me." Jennie said with a smirk. Lisa bit her lip and climbed on top of the bed, getting closer to the brunette. "Gladly." She whispered and bent down. 

"Jennie! Lisa! It's getting late!" Chaerin yelled loudly from downstairs. Lisa groaned loudly and rolled off of the bed. "Don't worry, I'm leaving now!' Lisa called back. 

Jennie whined and held onto Lisa's arm. "Can't you just stay over? We didn't get to do anything." She complained. Lisa smiled apologetically. "Sorry, but I don't want to get on your mom's bad side, at least yet. I haven't even started dating you." Lisa said with a cheesy grin. 

Jennie blushed. "Fine. I guess I'll see you tomorrow then." Lisa nodded and pecked her on the forehead before grabbing her jacket and heading out of the room. 

"And text me when you get home!" Jennie reminded Lisa. "Got it-Wait, I don't have my bike though." Lisa said in realization as she remembered that Jennie was the one who drove her here. 

"Oh right!" Jennie hopped down the stairs and grabbed her car keys. "Mom, I'm dropping Lisa off at her place!" She called out and headed out the door with Lisa in tow.

"But hurry though, it's awfully dark outside now." Chaerin called out after her. "Yes mom, I know." Jennie said and shut the door behind her. 

She walked down the steps with Lisa's hand laced with hers. Both with wide smiles on their faces.

AN:

Do y'all think that the story is moving too quickly? I'm trying to make it slow, but not too much, so I'd appreciate it if you let me know what your thoughts are :)