Chapter 5

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"So in the end, it was his jealously and her stupidity that eventually killed them both." 

Lisa frowned at the ending. "That's it? That's the book?" She asked as she shifted on the bed. Jennie rose one of her brows. What do you mean?" She asked and crossed her leg over the other as she sat on the desk chair. 

"Like, there's no battle or anything?" Lisa asked, now standing up and picking up her pencil. "I wanted to see a sword fight. They are in a war, aren't they?" She held her pencil like a weapon and swung it back and forth. 

"They aren't in a war, they're in a battle." Jennie corrected her but smiled at Lisa acting like she is a soldier. 

"Jennie! Lisa! Dinner's been set." Her mom called from downstairs.

"Oh, I should get going then. Thanks Jennie." Lisa leaned over and collected her books from her bed. "Now is the time." Jennie thought as she saw Lisa pack up and swing her bag over her shoulder.

"You can stay for dinner if you want. My mom probably made enough for the whole street." Jennie said with red cheeks. 

Lisa looked over at her in shock. "Oh I wouldn't want to intrude or anything." Jennie smiled at her and stood up. "You won't, please? For me?" Jennie held onto the basketball player's arm without thinking and tugged at it. 

Lisa blushed at the brunette pouting at her. "Sure then." She whispered in a daze as she kept her gaze on Jennie's lips. The brunette squealed in excitement. "Yay! Come on then." She let go of Lisa and went downstairs, leaving Lisa in confusion.

The player sighed and shook her head, ruffling her hair up before following Jennie. 

"Lisa!" Ella yelled happily as she saw her new favourite person come down. Lisa widened her eyes in surprise as she jumped into her arms. The silver haired woman managed to catch her in time. 

"Please stay for dinner, please please please." Ella begged, closing her eyes shut. Lisa chuckled at that and spun them around once. "Sure." The young girl opened her eyes and smiled brightly. "Yay!" She jumped out of Lisa's arms and dragged her to the dinner table. 

"Hey, dad's not here yet?" Jennie asked, a little sad from their family being incomplete for dinner. Chaerin frowned and nodded. "Yes, apparently he's still held up at work." Jennie and Ella both had sad faces at that. "But don't worry, when his project is done, I guarantee he'll spend more time at home than in the office." She reassured them. 

Lisa hesitantly sat at the dinner table and entertained her hands together, placing them in front of the table. 

"Lisa, aren't you eating?" Jennie asked, seeing as the younger girl didn't pick up her utensils yet. Said girl looked around in surprise. "O-Oh." She picked up her fork and knife and sliced into the steak. 

"Sorry, at home my mom makes me wait until she starts eating." Lisa explained and took a bite. "Wow. This is the best steak ever." Lisa said around her food and moaned in delight. The rest of the table laughed at her silliness as Jennie blushed. 

"So, I heard there's a game tomorrow?" Chaerin mentions. Lisa looks up and nods enthusiastically. "Yep. First match of the season. Super excited for it." Lisa took another bite. "I bet you are. It must be a lot of nerves and pressure as well." 

Lisa shrugged. "Eh. I'm used to it by now. Besides, I've got my team beside me so I'm all good." The captain grins. "Wow, Lisa's so cool." Ella says in awe. "When I grow up, I wanna be just like her!" She throws her hands in the air. 

Lisa chuckles and shakes her head. "No you do not want to be like me. I think you should be more like Jennie. She's the coolest." Lisa says staring into Jennie's surprised catlike eyes. They both stare into each other before the brunette clears and drinks a sip of water. "Thanks." She murmurs shyly and fixes her glasses. 

"You should go to the game Jennie. To go and support Lisa." Her mom nudges her slightly. Jennie looks down and shrugs. Of course she'd go to the game, but she doesn't want to seem to overenthusiastic about it. 

"Oh, speaking of which, I wanted to ask if it was alright if I take Jennie to the after party?" Lisa says, placing her fork down. Chaerin looks at her in surprise. "Uhm, sure. If Jennie's willing to go,   I don't see why not." She says. 

Jennie stares at Lisa with wide eyes. "What? I don't want to go to any party." She says right away. "Oh come on, it'll be super fun." Lisa insisted. "No I can't. I won't be able to get a ride, and there's no way I'm going on your bike again. Also I won't be able to come home early if I get bored" She argues. 

"Then no worries, the party's being hosted by Park Chaeyoung right next door, so you can come back at anytime. And I will personally come to your doorstep to pick you up." Lisa smirks and leans forward. "You've got no more excuses, Kim." 

Jennie frowns, but on the inside squeals at the thought of Lisa coming to pick her up from her doorstep. "Fine, but I'm allowed to bring a friend." Lisa grins victoriously. "Of course! Then it's settled. You can bring Nayeon. I will pick you up then." 

"Hey! Park Chaeyoung!" Jisoo said over the blaring music as she shuffled past a couple people. The blonde turned around. "Yes?" She asked. Jisoo smirked and leaned her arm against the wall. "So, excited for the game tomorrow?" She asked. 

Chaeyoung crossed her arms and grinned. "Yes. Are you nervous?" Jisoo shakes her head madly. "Nu-uh, there is no way in hell the others are going to win. They have to get passed me first." She said proudly. The cheerleader raised one of her brows. "Mhmm." She hummed in agreement and trailed her fingers across Jisoo's arm, watching in amusement as goosebumps flooded the skin. 

The older girl shuddered at the feeling. "How come Lisa didn't come?" She asked. Chaeyoung repeated the questions two more times for Jisoo's mouth to start working again. "O-Oh. She's studying Kim-studying with Jennie Kim." She stuttered out. "She's Lisa's tutor." 

Chaeyoung nodded. "Ya, I know." She only said before turning around and leaving Jisoo still opening and closing her eyes again and again. 

"Holy mother of chicken heaven." She murmured before frantically searching her pockets for her phone. She pulled it out and immediately texted Lisa, telling her about what happened. 

 

"Code baby pink! Code baby pink!" 

 

She sent the message and a few moments later, Lisa read it. 

 

"Baby pink? Wtf Jisoo." 

 

-Lalalalalisa🙈🙈

 

"That's my code for when Park Chaeyoung did something!!! She touched my arm!!!!" 

 

Jisoo waited for another message but clicked her tongue when she realized Lisa left her on seen.

"Who was that?" Jennie asked as nonchalantly as possible when she saw Lisa chuckle and roll her eyes at her phone. 

"That was Jisoo. She was freaking about stupid stuff, like she always does." The captan put her phone back in her pocket and smiled at Jennie. "Guess I have to go now." She said but did nothing but stare into Jennie's eyes. They had finished dinner and it was finally time for Lisa to leave, and Jennie offered to see her out. The two currently stood under the porchlight, it being the only light illuminating their faces. 

The brunette fixed her glasses before sending her a small smile in return. "Yah." She said. "I'll see you tomorrow for sure right? At the game?" Lisa asked hopefully. Jennie nodded. "Of course I'll be there." "Front row?" The younger girl stepped forward and grinned downwards, her forehead almost touching Jennie's. 

Jennie gulped, but didn't make any move back. "Front row." She whispered, her breath hitting Lisa's lips. "Great." Lisa breathed out. "What about the party?" Lisa enquired. 

Jennie nodded and lifted her face up, her lips barely brushing against Lisa's chin. "I'll be there." She said in an even quieter voice. "Great." Lisa said back. The basketball player asked no more questions as she leaned in and brought her hands hesitantly to Jennie's waist. 

The brunette surged forward as she felt Lisa's hands on her, and flickered her eyes back and forth from those doe eyes and admittedly plump lips. She closed her eyes as she felt Lisa's lips lightly graze over her cheek, coming closer to where she wanted them. 

They both chuckled lightly as the younger girl accidentally bumped into Jennie's glasses, her breath causing her glasses to fog up slightly. 

Lisa closed her eyes and trusted on her instinct and lips to follow where they needed to go. Before they could do anything however, headlights shone in their direction, making them both squint and open their eyes again.  

Jennie and Lisa moved away from each other faster than the speed of light, Lisa retracting her hands as if they had been burnt. 

They both stared at each other with panting breaths, hearts beating madly. 

"I-I've got to g-go." Lisa stuttered and walked backwards before turning around and dashing down the steps, hopping on her bike and pedalling, occasionally looking back at Jennie with a hesitant, but bright smile. Jennie, still in a daze, waved to her shakily. 

The brunette took a deep breath and breathed out, leaning against her front door. She stared up into the night sky, and relived the last few minutes of her life. When it was over, she closed her eyes and squealed loudly, jumping up and down. 

"Oh my God. Oh my God. Oh my God." She repeated to herself. "Lisa almost kissed me." She said as she settled down and opened her eyes. 

"Lisa almost kissed me." She said in realization. "Oh my God, Lisa Manoban almost kissed me!" She squealed again before getting interrupted. 

"Jennie sweetie, did Lisa leave yet?" 

"Y-Yes, mom. Coming!" She said back before patting down her clothes and rearranging her glasses. She took another deep breath before entering her house again. 

Lisa excitedly jumped off of her bike and left it fallen on her lawn, not caring anymore. She jumped up her steps and entered her house, still in pure ecstasy. 

Going straight to her room, she flopped onto bed with a lazy smile on her face. 

"Jennie Kim, you are something else." She whispered in awe, remembering how right she felt in her hands and how skin felt on her lips. Lisa turned around and buried her face in a pillow, her mind replaying that moment over and over again. 

Without thinking, she blindly reached for her phone and turned it on, writing out a message.

"Is it too weird to put a kissing face?" She questioned herself and bit on her nail as she contemplated her message. 

"Ah, it." 

 

"Goodnight🤗"

 

She held her breath and pressed send. Already impatiently waiting for a reply. Seeing that she was in luck, her phone buzzed right away. 

 

"Goodnight. And good luck on your game tomorrow. 😊" 

"I'll be cheering you on!" 

 

-Jennie✍️

 

Lisa chuckled, and without realizing it, a wide smile decorated her face. 

The two chatted for a bit longer before Jennie texted Lisa that she had to leave because Ella wanted to watch a movie. Lisa didn't want Jennie to leave just yet, but allowed her to go, not wanting her to spend time with her rather than her sister. 

It was around eleven when Lisa heard a car pull up to her driveway. She rolled her eyes figuring it was her mom coming home late again. 

"Lisa?" 

"Coming mom!" 

She hopped off of the bed and headed downstairs, frowning when she saw the luggage surrounding her mother. 

"What's that?" She questioned, already knowing the answer. Her mom smiled and pulled her into a hug before saying anything. Lisa pulled her head back to look her in the eyes. "You're going off on another business trip?" She asked, hoping that it wasn't true. 

"Yes." Her mom simply said. Lisa pulled away completely from the hug. "But" Her mom put up one finger. "I will be back within the week this time." She said with a small smile. 

"My game is tomorrow." The basketball player said looking at the white tiles of the lobby. "You said you were going to watch it." She continued. 

Her mom sighed. "You know I won't be able to. But don't worry, I'll be back before you know it. Maybe I'll be able to catch another game sometime?" She pecked her daughter's forehead quickly before walking into the house. 

"Have you seen my passport?" She asked, rummaging through cupboards. Lisa opened in disbelief. "You're going out of country?" She said disappointedly. Lisa at least wished she could talk to her mom before and after the game, but that would be impossible with the time difference. 

"Business calls, hon. Ah found it." She pulled it out and put it in her purse, walking back to the front door. 

"Oh, and perhaps try working on your academics a little bit more while I'm gone. Try to be smarter, alright?" She suggested before pecking Lisa on the cheek and rolling her bag out of the house. 

Lisa clenched her fists and looked through the door as she saw her mother's car pull away. 

"." 

She whispered as she sniffed and backed away, walking slowly to wherever she was headed to.

"Whatever." She pulled on her sleeve and rubbed her eyes, which were starting to water a little. 

"It's not like I need her anyways. I'll be fine by myself. I always was." Lisa threw on a hoodie over her shirt and entered the huge backyard. 

Picking up the basketball, she shot it into the hoop that was placed there. She dribbled and shot throughout the night, trying to numb the pain she felt in her heart.