Chapter 37

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"C'mon, show me your best layup." 

Lisa kissed her teeth in annoyance. "I've been doing them for the past half hour." 

"Let's just do one more, sport." Her dad slapped her on the back and Lisa resisted the urge to roll her eyes. 

After her dad had come late that night, for the next week he had been at home either with his girlfriend or making Lisa practice basketball. 

The silver haired listened to him and ran up, letting go of the ball and making it fall through the mesh gracefully. 

Slumping onto the ground, she realized just out of shape she had gotten through the summer. 

"Dad enough of the sports. You always do this every year I come around." Lisa complained. 

Her dad picked up the rolling basketball and walked up to her. "I only see you once a year, and it's always nice to see how much you improved." 

"Oh! I've also been looking into some basketball programs and there are some amazing universities for you." 

Lisa grimaced. "Mom doesn't want me doing basketball past high school." 

Her dad pinched the bridge of his nose. "She's always been against sports." 

"But don't listen to her, just do whatever you want to do." He fished the flyer out of his pocket and handed it to the silver haired. 

Lisa took it and looked over it, sighing. She put it in her pocket and stood up, dusting off her clothes. "I'm gonna take a shower." 

Huffing as she put her bags on the curb, she turned back and handed the driver some cash. "Thank you." Lisa smiled slightly and looked up at her home. 

"I'm finally back." She said to herself and lifted her stuff, bringing it inside. 

"Oh Lisa, you're back from your dad's?" 

Her mom spoke up from the kitchen table, her eyes peered over the papers she was holding. 

The silver haired nodded. "I'll just unpack upstairs." She turned to walk up to her room, but her mom stopped her. 

"Wait, tell me about your vacation. How's your father?" 

"Oh same old, same old." 

Her mom rose one of her eyebrows. "He still trying to get you into some nonsense sport programs?" 

Lisa sighed. "Yeah, he's pretty stubborn about it too." Her mom stood up from her seat and walked towards her daughter. 

"I know you don't appreciate me getting involved in your angsty teenage life or whatever," The silver haired groaned hearing that. 

"But," Her mom raised a finger. "I looked into a few decent programs for you and they are far better for your future than what your father has been giving you so far." 

"Thanks mom." Lisa took the papers her mom was offering and turned around, walking up the stairs. 

"You're going to have a future if you look into those programs, not some lucky one in a million chance of being an athlete!" She yelled after her. 

"Pfft, Ella your hair is in my face." Jennie complained and craned her head away. 

Ella ignored her. "Then let go of my phone!" She said, tightening her grip on the device. 

"Never! You've been talking to someone, and I want to find out who." Jennie held onto the phone in her hand as well. 

The siblings were sprawled on the couch, barely hanging on from falling to the floor, and tugging on the phone for some time now. Ella was right on top of Jennie, desperately trying to get it back. 

"I-I'm not talking to anyone!" Ella protested, but the blush on her cheeks gave her lie away. Jennie grinned widely. "Its that you have the same traits as me, I know when you're lying." 

The younger groaned. "Unnie give it back!" Her arm fell onto Jennie's face and the brunette yelled. "My glasses! You're gonna make them crooked!" "Then give my phone back!" 

At that, the front door opened and the disheveled pair sprung their heads up to see Lisa look at them in confusion. 

"Uhm, did I come at a bad time?" She asked, looking at her girlfriend, who had half of her face covered by Ella's hair and the other half smushed against the sofa cushion. 

"No, not at all!" They both yelled at the same time. 

"Okay." Lisa trailed off unsurely, not knowing if it was appropriate to laugh at the situation the two sisters were in. 

"Ella get off! Lisa's back!" 

Ella rolled off the couch, dragging Jennie with her as their hands were attacked to the phone. They both fell down with a thud and collective 'oofs'. 

"Babe, grab the phone from her!" Jennie exclaimed. 

"Don't you dare pick sides Lisa!" Ella yelled out a warning. 

Lisa widened her eyes at the competitiveness she was seeing, realizing she had no other option she rushed and tried to pull the phone out of both their grips. 

The silver haired grunted as she was taken back with the amount of strength in their hands. "Let go, both of you." She said and tugged once more. 

"What's so special about this phone anyways!" She asked getting down on the carpet to get more momentum. 

"Nothing!" "She's has a special someone!" They both said at the same time. 

"No! I Don't!"

Lisa grimaced hearing the ear deafening shriek. "Just gimme the phone!" She pulled once more and the phone finally escaped the grips. Lisa fell over with a thud, sighing as she held the phone close to her. 

Jennie and Ella exhaled heavily turning onto their backs, panting. The three laid there for some time before Lisa sat up. 

"Alright fine, I am talking to someone." Ella mumbled quietly. 

Jennie whipped her head to the side. "I knew it." She celebrated by squirming around on the carpet. 

Lisa chuckled looking at her girlfriend. "I'll go put the phone somewhere else before you to decide a rematch." She got up and left the room. 

Jennie rolled over and looked at Ella. "Who is it?" "Do I know them?" "Are they cute?" "Kind?" 

"Calm down, this isn't CSI." Ella said. 

"And it's a she." Ella's voice became quieter. 

It took a second to process the information, but once it did Jennie squealed and sat up, only to fall on top of Ella, squeezing her tightly. 

"Ahhh!" She exclaimed in glee. 

The younger grimaced, "Unnie you're so loud." She complained. 

"Sorry, just excited, and happy." Jennie explained, still hugging her sister.  

Lisa walked back in and lended out a hand to each of the Kims pulling them up to their feet. 

"Hey baby, how was your trip to your dad's?" Jennie asked, running a finger through her tousled locks. 

The silver haired took over that and shrugged. "It was the same as always. But at least his new girlfriend was nice." 

Jennie pouted and tilted her head up to briefly kiss her girlfriend's lips in condolences. 

"Uhm, I'm still here you know?" Ella complained from the side. 

Lisa leaned back and chuckled. 

"Ella go talk to your girlfriend!" The brunette yelled, tugging on Lisa's hand to lead her out. 

They walked out of the house after Jennie put on her shoes and got her phone. "So, did you do anything exciting?" 

Lisa shook her head. "It was the same old routine. I hung out in my room, ate dinner, and when my dad would come home he played basketball with me." 

They walked down the steps and continued along the sidewalk. 

"You know, I rarely hate doing layups or extra practice drills, but he just makes it unbearable." Lisa complains. "Just the fun out of everything." 

Jennie hummed in thought before, looking at Lisa with a bright smile. 

"How about you show me a few tricks at the courts?" 

≈ 

"Okay, so you just run until you're in this box, pause, and shoot the ball." Lisa does as she instructed and watches the ball fall into the net. 

She turns to Jennie with a smile on her face. "Simple." 

The brunette huffed. "Easy for you to say." She fixed her glasses before following what Lisa said. 

She ran up to the paint and jumped up, only for the ball to hit the backboard. "Ugh." Jennie groaned and flopped down onto the court. 

"I give up, Lis. I can't play sports for my life." She panted. 

The silver haired appeared right above her and shot her a grin. "Yes you can, don't give up."

She pulled Jennie back up so she was standing. Giving her the ball, she circled around until she was behind her and held onto her hands. 

"Alright, so you hold the ball like this with your hands." Lisa explained while adjusting Jennie's grip. 

The shorter blushed feeling intimate with the position they were both in. "O-Okay." 

"And then put them just over your head," She did so.

"Crouch down, and release the ball as she go up. And make sure to follow through." Jennie listen and crouched down, jumping up and letting go of the ball. 

She gasped in surprise as the ball surprisingly went straight into the net. 

"Babe I did it!" She exclaimed happily, turning around to hug her girlfriend. 

Lisa laughed. "See, what did I tell you?" 

"Hmm, I don't remember?" Jennie said playfully. 

"Oh really?" Lisa raised one of her eyebrows. 

"Yep." The brunette said confidently, popping the 'p'. 

Lisa grinned and ran her fingers down Jennie's sides. She yelped and twisted around to get out of her grip. 

"Lisa stop! I'm ticklish." Jennie complained while laughing loudly. 

"Fine, only because you're cute." The silver haired excused and backed off. 

Jennie rolled her eyes, but blushed slightly at those words. 

"So do you wanna get some burgers and shakes after cleaning up? There's a new spot that opened up just around the corner." 

Jennie grinned happily with that and nodded. "Yes please. I love burgers." 

The two walked towards the bench that had their stuff. 

"I know that babe." The silver haired leaned in and kissed Jennie's lips.

"So, are you ready for senior year?" 

Lisa asked, taking a sip out of her milkshake.

Jennie finished her bite of her burger and responded. "Yea I guess. I'm mostly excited but nervous. I'll need to be on my A-game all year round." 

The brunette reached for a napkin, but Lisa already handed one to her. 

"I know what you mean. There's going to scouts at some of the games and I want to impress them. I'm not sure if I really need the scholarships but it'll be nice to be known." 

Jennie hummed in thought. "Lisa, are you planning on playing basketball in university too? I'm sure they'll like a player like you." 

The silver haired sighed and seemed to have deflated at the mention of that subject. 

"I'm not sure...it would be amazing if I could just continue basketball, but I know it'll be a rare chance. And my mom won't be too happy about that decision either. She wants me to go into business." She waved her hand dismissively.

"Well, whatever you decide to do, I'm sure you'll do amazing at it." Jennie said with a tint of red on her cheeks. She put her hand over Lisa's and intertwined their fingers. 

Lisa bit her lip and ducked her head down as red spread over her face. "Thanks, Jen." 

Jennie giggled lightly at the shyness Lisa displayed. 

"I love you."

"I love you too."