Chapter 23

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"You know, I've never heard you call Jennie your girlfriend before." Jisoo mentioned as she dug her hand into the bag of chips to pull out a handful. 

She shoved them in and spoke with full. "You guys have been together for a couple months now." 

Lisa threw her a disgusted glance. 

"You know, some people chew with their mouth closed and don't speak." 

Jisoo narrowed her eyes. "Don't try avoiding the topic." 

Lisa sighed and sat up from her spot on the couch. "I still have to ask her." The basketball player mumbled and Jisoo made a muffled noise. 

"You've been courting her for how many months now?- and you still have to ask her to be your girlfriend!" The older girl exclaimed through her laughs. 

Lisa glared and shoved the raven haired girl. "Shut up." 

"It's just, I get nervous everytime I'm around her. I always want to ask the question, but I just-I get so scared of her answer. She's way different than any other person I've been with." 

Jisoo swallowed the chips in and put the bag down, getting seated beside her friend. "Hey, you two are inseparable and the whole school already treats you two as girlfriends. I mean, even Yeri has backed off a bit." 

Lisa looked at her with doubt in her eyes. 

"Trust me. Jennie will say yes. She's probably wondering what's taking you so long and her mind is probably filled with doubts as well." Jisoo reasoned with her. 

The silver haired girl sighed and nodded her head. "Alright, I'll ask her out tonight and do it." 

"That's the spirit." Jisoo said and slapped her hand on Lisa's back. The younger flinched at the impact. "Yeah, yeah." 

"Anyways, I'm off to Jennie's now." 

She abruptly stood up and brushed down her clothes that had chip crumbs over them. Jisoo pouted. "Hey, why can't you spend more time with your best friend. I did give you a pep talk." 

Lisa laughed. "I'll see you at school on Monday, Chu." The younger woman put on her hoodie. "And besides, Nayeon's coming over in a few anyways." She mentioned. 

At that, Jisoo nodded. 

Seeing how down her friend got, Lisa sighed. "Listen, I'm not gonna tell you what to do, but just follow your instincts, alright? And don't screw this up. If you hurt Nayeon's feelings, I'm coming after you." 

Lisa threatened and Jisoo opened in shock. "Excuse me, you're supposed to be on my side."

"Well, Nayeon is my girlfriend's best friend. So you better think twice now." Lisa smirked and waved to the older girl before heading out.

She sat on her bicycle and peddled to Jennie's house. 

"Hi!" 

Jennie excitedly said as she opened the door to Lisa. The silver haired grinned stupidly as she felt extremely happy. 

"Hey." Lisa said and pulled Jennie into a hug. The brunette nuzzled her face in Lisa's neck and teasingly blew air onto it, watching Lisa's reaction. "Ah." The younger girl pulled away. "I'm ticklish." She complained. 

Jennie laughed and looped her arms around Lisa's neck, bringing her close. She pouted her lips and closed her eyes, waiting for a kiss. Lisa happily complied and pecked her lips, doing the same to her cheeks and forehead. 

"You ate chips, didn't you?" Jennie questioned after her and Lisa separated. The younger gave her a guilty expression and shrugged. "Maybe." 

"Don't act innocent, Manoban. I can smell the Lays from here." Jennie said in a serious voice. "You're supposed to be eating healthy foods for this week. The tournament is starting soon." The brunette reminded her for the umpteenth time. 

"I know, I know. Jisoo was feasting on a whole bag and I volunteered to step in and save her from her doom." Lisa exaggerated. 

"So you offered to eat them too." Jennie said in a dead tone. Lisa smiled and nodded proudly. Jennie shook her head. "You're lucky you're cute." She murmured and tugged on Lisa's arm to lead her to the kitchen. 

"I know." Lisa said cockily and chuckled.

"Sit here and I'll make you some avocado toast." Jennie ordered and Lisa obeyed, sitting on the bar stool.

"So, are you busy tonight?" Lisa enquired, resting her chin on her palms as she watched Jennie move throughout the kitchen. 

The brunette shot her a confused glance. "Uhm, no?" She answered skeptically. 

"Why?" Jennie placed the bread in the toaster and pulled the lever down, then taking out an avocado. 

"Because I want to take you out for dinner tonight. We've never really ate out at an actual restaurant before." Lisa said and looked at the older girl hopefully. 

Jennie smiled widely. "Of course!" She exclaimed, excited. 

"Great, I'll pick you up at seven and make our reservations for seven thirty." Lisa said and pulled out her phone. 

"Which restaurant is it?" Jennie asked as the toaster spewed out the toast and Jennie put them on the plate. 

She smeared the avocado on the toast and presented it in front of Lisa. 

Lisa smirked at her. "That is private info. I can't tell you everything, otherwise it won't be a surprise." 

The brunette pouted but complied, taking a bite of Lisa's toast and sitting next to her.

"So, what's with the sudden urge to go out to eat?" The brunette asked after swallowing the bite in . 

At that, Lisa's nerves came back and she unconsciously gulped. 

"I just want to treat you, is that too much to ask for?" She said nervously. Lisa chuckled awkwardly and Jennie furrowed her brows. "Sure."

"Hey." 

Jisoo smiled widely and opened her door wider to let Nayeon in. 

Nayeon came in with a bright smile and failed to hide her giddiness. It was her first time in Jisoo's house and was excited to see the raven haired girl. 

They didn't have the opportunity to talk at Jisoo's game the other day since the older girl had gone to the locker room. 

"So," Nayeon looked around and admired the nice looking interior of the house. 

"Want to sit down?" Jisoo offered. Nayeon gladly accepted and they both walked to the living room. 

Jisoo hastily dusted all the chip crumbs off the couches and smiled warmly at Nayeon gesturing for her to sit down. 

"Listen I wanted to talk-"

"I have something to tell you-" 

They both spoke at the same time. Jisoo chuckled. "You can go first." She said and Nayeon nodded, taking a deep breath first. 

"Ah, not this one." 

Lisa scoured the garden for flowers that she can give to Jennie. She squatted past the roses, and smiled widely when she found a hyacinth. 

"Perfect." She murmured to herself, softly cutting it out and standing upright. 

"Now I have to go get ready." Lisa said and hurried back into her house. 

"Yes, that's why I believe this company will be the best choice-Lisa?" Her mom, who was on the phone, questioned her. 

The silver haired sighed and turned around. "Yes?" 

"Why are you cutting out flowers from my garden?" Her mom whispered sternly. "It's an important reason, mom. I gotta go now, I'm meeting Jennie for dinner." Lisa said in a rush and dashed up the stairs. 

Her mom shook her head. "This girl." She murmured before taking her hand off the phone and going back to her business call. 

Making it to her room, the silver haired rummaged through her closet until she found a nice outfit. 

The fluttery, nervous feeling in her stomach came back as she thought forward to how the day would unfold. Shaking it off, Lisa took a deep breath and focused on the task at hand. 

Walking out of her car, Lisa walked up her driveway, but someone caught her eye. 

She saw Park Chaeyoung just come out of her car with Yeri and Joy on her side. Seeing the captain, Yeri excitedly waved and blew a kiss. 

The head cheerleader narrowed her eyes as soon as she saw Lisa. "You two." She pointed at Joy and Yeri, "Go inside." She ordered. 

Joy rolled her eyes. "You're digging your own grave here, really." She commented, but obeyed and dragged the sulking Yeri inside. 

"But Lisa-" She whined and Joy clamped her hand over . "Shut up for now." 

After they went inside, the blonde walked over to Jennie's house. 

"What are you doing dressed up like that?" Chaeyoung looked Lisa up and down with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face. 

"None of your business." Lisa shot back and turned away. 

"That's rich of you to say, considering what happened the other day." Chaeyoung said with a dry chuckle. 

Lisa clutched her hands, but was careful not to hurt the flower she was holding. "Do you even like Jisoo? If you do, I'll back off completely, but I don't want you playing with my friend." 

Park Chaeyoung rose one of her brows. "I-" She hesitated and that was the only answer Lisa needed.

 "I knew it." The younger girl said and shook her head disappointingly. "I thought you changed, Park Chaeyoung." 

The head cheerleader's breath hitched hearing that.  

"But you're still the same as you were two years ago. The same selfish cheerleader that doesn't care who gets hurt, as long as it's not you." 

Park Chaeyoung frowned and her arms fell loosely to her sides. 

"You can't play with people's feelings like they're a toy. You can't do what you did to me, to Jisoo." Lisa added the last part quietly. 

Although it sounded sad, Lisa had a stern expression on her face. 

"See you around, Chaeyoung." 

Lisa said behind her shoulder as she walked up the steps to Jennie's door, ringing the doorbell and having it opened by Ella, who immediately hugged her and dragged her inside. 

The head cheerleader watched as Lisa was welcomed with open arms and smiles and laughs. Solemnly, she walked back to her own house and reflected on herself. 

"Woah, this is fancy." Jennie commented in awe as her and Lisa entered the restaurant hand in hand. 

"It better be, cost me my month's savings." Lisa murmured under her breath. Jennie chuckled and went up on her tippy toes to give her a peck on the cheeks. 

"Thank you." The brunette said genuinely. Lisa turned to her with a wide smile on her face. "Anything for you." She said softly and gave Jennie a quick kiss on the lips before they were both guided to a table. 

"Ooh, they have eclairs!" Jennie exclaimed as she flipped through the menu. 

"Maybe you should look at the desserts after dinner." Lisa suggested and chuckled at how cute Jennie looked. 

"Oh right." Jennie said and flipped to the beginning of the menu.

"God, I'm stuffed." Jennie said as she patted her belly. "Mmhm. I don't I'll be able to eat for at least a day." Lisa agreed and did the same to hers. 

"Would you two ladies like to have some dessert?" The waiter passing by asked politely. 

Lisa and Jennie smiled widely and nodded excitedly. 

"Can I have the eclairs please?" 

"Can I have a slice of the chocolate cake?" 

They asked eagerly like children. 

The waiter nodded and headed out to go retrieve their orders. 

"This was beautiful." Jennie said to Lisa, leaning forward to hold her hand on the table. "And you're on a healthy, sugar free diet, so why did you order the cake?" She said in the same sweet, dreamy tone. 

Lisa smiled and intertwined their fingers. "Because I love cake and I love y-dessert." The younger girl mentally grimaced, noticing her slip up. Luckily Jennie didn't seem to catch it as the waiter placed the eclairs on the table. 

Jennie let go of Lisa's hand and went straight for them. 

Lisa playfully pouted. "So you'd leave me for eclairs?" She questioned. Jennie looked up and nodded, busy chewing. 

They both chuckled and ate their desserts in peace. 

Before the night ended, Lisa took the brunette's hand in hers and looked into her eyes. Jennie looked at her expectedly, wondering why Lisa had such a serious look on her face suddenly. 

"Jennie, the main reason I took you here tonight was to ask a question." Lisa said nervously, she gulped and felt the butterflies in her stomach return. 

"Yes?" The older girl said and squeezed Lisa's hands, reassuring her. 

"W-Would be my girlfriend?"

Suddenly Jennie's grip on Lisa's hand tightened and the silver haired winced. 

"What? Really?" The brunette exclaimed and she squealed. 

"Lisa Manoban asked me to be her girlfriend!" She smiled so wide her cheeks were starting to hurt and a thousand thoughts were rushing through her. 

"Yes, yes! A thousand times yes!" She said and Lisa smiled as wide as her. 

Jennie sprung up and leaned in. Surprised, Lisa got up as well and went in front of Jennie. Lisa wrapped her arms around Jennie's waist and pulled her in closer as the brunette carefully cupped her girlfriend's face. 

Lisa bit her lip and admired Jennie's face. "You're beautiful." She whispered. Jennie's cheeks tinted red at the compliment. "You're gorgeous." She said back and they both locked lips, savouring the sparks that had went on in them as they felt each other in their arms and lips.