Chapter 10

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

"Lisa!" The captain stopped her play and looked over at the doors of the gymnasium, seeing Yeri wave at her. Lisa smiled tiredly and waved back. The cheerleader walked over to Lisa and gave her a wide smile. 

"Hey." Lisa said a little confused why Yeri decided to drop by in the middle of the basketball practice. "What are you doing here?" She asked. Yeri sighed feeling a little disappointed that Lisa didn't seem that happy to see her. 

"Well the cheerleaders have practice soon since tomorrow's is cancelled, so I just came here early." She placed her bag on the nearby bench and sat down, deciding to watch the players. A couple seconds later, Chaeyoung came through the doors. 

"Sweet mother of chicken heaven." 

Jisoo stopped in the middle of her drill to stare at the blonde headed beauty. Although this time, she managed to dodge the ball that was going to smack her in the face and caught it instead. 

Lisa rolled her eyes and threw her ball at Jisoo instead, hitting her on the back. "Ugh." Jisoo groaned, snapping out of her trance and rubbing her back. "What the hell?" She said, turning to Lisa who had a smile on her face.

"Focus." She said and turned around to continue practicing. Jisoo grumbled under her breath and jogged over to where Chaeyoung was sitting instead. 

"Hey." She greeted out of breath with a charming smile on her face, hoping Chaeyoung would somehow be swooned by it. The blonde gave her a tiny smile and waved. "Hi." Jisoo's smile widened. "Your party was amazing by the way." Jisoo mentioned, hoping Chaeyoung would at least think about their maekout session. 

"Mhm." She hummed in agreement. "It was crazy." She merely said. 

"Kim! Back on the court!" Coach Lee yelled from the side, spotting Jisoo talking to others. The raven haired girl sighed feeling disappointed and headed back, feeling a little weird inside. 

"Why don't you give her a chance?" Yeri nudged Chaeyoung with her elbow. "Not sure. I mean, she's cute and all, but she's a player." She reasoned. "Once she knows she won't be able to get into my pants, she'll move on to the next girl." Yeri became taken aback by that statement. "Don't you think you're being a little too harsh on her, she's had heart eyes for you for a solid couple of months."

 Their conversation ended after Coach Lee blew the whistle, signalling the end of practice.

"Ugh." Lisa heard a familiar voice just outside the school. As she approached them, a smile appeared on her face. 

"I'm starting to think you wait here purposely to get a ride from me." Lisa teased and Jennie turned around with wide eyes and a frightened expression. "God, you scared me." She said with a hand on her chest. "Also, it isn't that. My parents just keep forgetting that they have a second daughter sometimes." The brunette crossed her arms and grumbled. 

Lisa laughed. "So, wanna hop on my bike then?" She asked, already walking over to it and undoing the lock. Jennie shook her head in the negative. 

"Nu-uh, no offence but I'd rather walk then get on that death trap." Jennie declined the offer. Lisa frowned. "Alright." She walked her bike alongside her as she joined Jennie who began to head home. 

"I didn't say you had to walk with me." The brunette said, trying to hide the fact that she was melting with Lisa's actions. Lisa shrugged. "It's fine, but it would be better if you rode with me." Jennie shook her head, turning her offer down for the second time, although it was awfully tempting. 

"Just letting you know, it will be twice as fast on my bike, which will be more time efficient." Lisa mentioned as she looked over at Jennie. "Which means we can have our tutoring session a little early, which would mean it would end sooner, which means that you would have more free time to do whatever you want." 

Jennie stopped walking and glared at Lisa, contemplating what to do in her head for some time. "Screw you for convincing me." She said and Lisa laughed, getting on her bike without being told. Jennie mounted the back of the bike carefully and wrapped her arms around Lisa's shoulders, partially leaning on her. 

"Please drive slow, I don't want to fall off of it." Jennie said. Lisa nodded and took off, pedalling slowly. "See, this is much better than using your feet." She took a turn, and she felt Jennie's arms hug her harder.

 All of sudden Lisa was hyper aware of Jennie leaning her chest onto her, and felt a little bit of heat rush to her cheeks. "Oh god, her-" 

"Lisa!" Jennie's voice snapped her out of her trance and she shook her head, willing herself to forget her thoughts. "Y-Yeah?" 

"I wanted to ask if you remembered anything from the party." Jennie said unsurely. Lisa hummed, trying to think back to what happened that day. "Uhh? I just remembered I got wasted and you were trying to take me home. And then I remember waking up in the morning." 

"Oh." Jennie tried not to sound too disappointed that Lisa still didn't remember anything. "Why?" Lisa turned her head slightly to ask why Jennie had sounded so down. "Did I do anything stupid?" She asked, a little afraid that she had probably embarrassed herself in front of Jennie." 

"Uhm, not stupid per say." Jennie hesitantly said. "Then, what did I do?" Lisa asked. 

"Well, after I had brought you back, and we went to sleep. You kinda told me that..." Jennie stopped mid sentence, suddenly feeling queasy in her stomach. 

"What? What did I tell you?" Lisa slowed down her bike, curious as to what she had said that got Jennie to act this way. 

"You told me you liked me." Jennie admitted quietly with red cheeks. 

"WHAT!" Lisa exclaimed in surprise and she whipped her head around to face Jennie, totally forgetting that she was pedalling a bike at the moment. 

Her hands accidentally turned the bike, and they both rode into a bush, falling off in the process. 

"Ugh." Jennie groaned loudly at the impact, but was surprised to feel a semi soft surface underneath. Slowly opening her eyes, she gasped as she saw that she had just fallen on top of Lisa's back. 

"Lisa? Are you okay?" She scrambled off of her and bent down to see Lisa grimace. "Ow." She said and slowly turned over to her back. "That hurt." She commented. Jennie sighed in relief seeing that Lisa was at least breathing. For a second there, she had thought she killed her. 

Feeling a burning sensation on her knee, Jennie looked down to see it scraped up. She groaned. "Great. The one day I wear shorts too." Lisa slowly sat up, and Jennie widened her eyes as she saw what had happened to her face. 

"What?" Lisa questioned and felt around her face, wincing as she felt a cut right above her eyebrow. She pulled back her hand to see blood on it. "Amazing." She said sarcastically and got up, helping Jennie up as well. 

"See, this is why I didn't want you to give me ride, because this happens!" Jennie exclaimed and carefully brought her hand to Lisa's forehead, inspecting the cut. "Ah." Lisa let out a hiss. 

"Well I wasn't the one distracting the driver!" Lisa fired back. Jennie sighed. "It's not too deep, but we have to disinfect it. And my knee too." She said as she looked down to see it. Lisa looked down and spotted the scraped up leg. "Ooh. Sorry for that." She apologized, feeling guilty for her lack of driving skills. 

"It's fine, let's just walk to my house now." Jennie said and helped Lisa get her bike upright. Luckily her house was only a couple more streets away, so they reached there in a couple minutes. 

"Unnie! Lisa!" Ella exclaimed happily as the door opened to reveal her sister and one of her favourite people. Jennie showed a tight lipped smile and waddled in, her knee stinging along the way. 

"Hey Ella, where's mom?" Jennie asked curiously, knowing if her mom saw the state her and Lisa were in, she would have to sit through a lecture. 

"Oh, mom's up in her room getting ready for her shift." Ella said and Jennie mentally thanked the heavens above. "Come on Lisa." She looked behind her and motioned Lisa to follow her to the kitchen. 

"Hey, what happened to you two?" Ella looked over at Lisa's cut and Jennie's scraped up knee. Jennie rolled her eyes. "Lisa doesn't know how to ride a bike." She said and opened up a drawer, finding the first aid kit. Lisa opened in shock. "Excuse me? I can ride a bike like nobody's business, and you were the one who distracted me!" She said. 

Ella looked at them weirdly, backing off a bit. "Yeah, I'm gonna go play upstairs." 

Jennie refused to respond to Lisa's comment and opened up the kit, taking out some ointment and some bandages. "First, we have to wash the infected area." She said and headed towards the sink. Lisa furrowed her brows. "You're acting as if we've been bitten by wild animals or something. It'll be fine if we just put a band-aid on it." Lisa said and moved to get one, but Jennie's glare made her freeze. 

"O-Or, we could disinfect it as well." She agreed, feeling frightened by those cat like eyes. Jennie broke out into a gummy smile and turned around, taking a wet washcloth and pressing it onto her knee, cleaning it up. She did the same with Lisa, and then applied the ointment to both of their wounds, putting a bandaid on them. 

"There, all done." Jennie said putting the first aid kit back in the drawer. "Alright, and if anyone asks, we were in a fight, and we won." Lisa clarified. Jennie chuckled. "Yeah, like anyone will believe I won a fight." 

"Fine, then you were in a fight, and then I saved you and won." Lisa smiled teasingly. Jennie rolled her eyes. "Whatever floats your boat." She said and headed upstairs, making Lisa follow her. 

"Let's start our lesson now, we already wasted enough time falling into a bush." Jennie said, pulling out a few books. Lisa huffed. "We didn't fall into a bush, we were involved in a fight."

Jennie ignored her and flipped them open. "Alright, so we left off at Scene 3." She said and Lisa groaned. "I don't wanna read Shakespeare." She whined. "It's boring." 

"Why don't we just have a chill day." Lisa suggested, hopping onto Jennie's bed. "We can watch movies and eat snacks instead." Jennie rose one of her brows. "You do know I'm your tutor, right?" She said. Lisa pouted. "You're no fun." Jennie sighed. "Fine, here's a deal. We get through one act, and the next tutor session will be movies only." She proposed an offer, desperate for Lisa to actually pay attention and study. 

Lisa smiled widely at that. "You promise?" She asked excitedly. Jennie chuckled at Lisa's excitement. "I promise."

A silence settled over them as they both looked over the book. Lisa sighed, remembering the conversation they had when they were outside. "I told her I liked her?" She asked herself in disbelief. 

Looking up at the brunette, she smiled at the sight of Jennie scrunching her eyebrows in concentration and noticed how her tongue was slightly poking out. Well, she did feel funny everytime she looked at her, and her tummy did weird things. 

"Jennie." She called out the older girl. Jennie lifted her head up and hummed, waiting for Lisa to continue. "What would you do if I told you I liked you?" Lisa asked. "What?" Jennie widened her eyes and looked at Lisa in confusion by the sudden change in topic. 

Lisa looked at her expectantly and Jennie suddenly felt put on the spot. "Uhm, I guess I'd say..." She trailed off, trying to think of the right words. After a few seconds of silence, she spoke again. 

"Well, at first I wouldn't believe you and think it was a prank. I mean, you're Lisa, and I'm just a nobody." Lisa opened to retort, but Jennie continues. "Second, if you truly meant it, I would probably say that, I liked you too." She said the last few words just above a whisper. 

"B-But, it's just too fast for me. So, I'd probably ask if you'd wait or something. To give me more time." She admitted the last part and stared into Lisa's eyes. Silently telling her the response. 

Lisa's serious face broke out into a small, gentle smile. "Alright then." She said and stood up from the bed, standing in front of Jennie, who was sitting on her desk chair. 

"I like you Jennie Kim. And I would like to ask for your permission to court you." 

Jennie blushed intensely at that, and opened to say something, but nothing came out. "I-"

"I've never done this sort of thing before, so I'll probably mess everything up, but I'll try my best." Lisa said with a wide smile. "Do you accept?" Jennie wordlessly nodded. "Y-Yes."