Chapter 29

High school Sweet Hearts | Jenlisa

Chaeyoung furrowed her brows at Jisoo. 

"You want to talk to me?" The blonde asked, pointing at herself. 

"Yes. Preferably with clothes." Jisoo said getting off of the bed and putting on her jeans, rummaging around to find her shirt. 

A throat cleared and she snapped her head to see Park Chaeyoung holding her top. "Looking for this?" Jisoo walked over and snatched it out of her hands, putting it on. 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes at the aggressive behaviour and slowly put on her own clothes. 

Jisoo sat down onto the bed with a huff, slowly becoming impatient with how long the blonde was taking. Although she wasn't complaining with the little show Chaeyoung was giving her at the moment. 

"What happened? If it has to do with what I told Lisa, I was only joking." She plopped down on the spot beside the now annoyed player. 

"It didn't sound like much of joke." Jisoo grumbled under her breath. "Don't be such a snowflake Jisoo. I make comments like that all the time." 

That seemed to be the wrong choice of words as the older only got more annoyed. "That's the thing Chaeyoung. I don't know if you realize, but I like you. A lot. And judging by your actions and words, it doesn't feel the same way." Jisoo spoke her mind for once. 

Park Chaeyoung became taken aback with the straight forwardness. 

"Wh-" 

"We've never been out anywhere. The only places we meet up is at your house or mine and the only thing we do is have ." Jisoo continued, standing up in front of the blonde to make her point. 

"We haven't told anyone about us and you make it seem like we're in some sort of an arrangement more than a relationship." 

For once, Chaeyoung didn't have a witty remark to make or a point to argue with. It was true. 

She crossed her arms and looked towards the ground.  few moments passed and Jisoo was slowly regretting the tantrum she just threw. Until Chaeyoung murmured something. 

"I didn't want you to get hurt." 

The head cheerleader said it practically under her breath, but Jisoo heard it. "What do you mean?" The older girl asked, sitting back next to her. 

Chaeyoung gulped down the sudden knot in . "I've tanked every relationship I've been in. In case you haven't noticed, I'm practically a ticking time bomb." She looked up and her eyes were slightly glossy. 

"It's only a matter of time before I get you hurt too." She sniffed and wiped her eyes, trying not to breakdown.  

Jisoo frowned. "That's not true." She denied. The older tried to remove Chaeyoung's hands from her face, but the blonde shook her head. 

"Don't try to make me feel better Jisoo. I've ruined people. I even ruined your best friend. I don't know what's wrong with me!" She exclaimed and shot up from her seat. 

Jisoo jumped a little at the sudden movement.

"It's like I have some sort of a disease where I just spit out the exact opposite of what I'm feeling at times! I didn't mean to ask Lisa if she wanted a ! I wanted her to get the out of here!" 

"It didn't seem like it." Jisoo murmured, still feeling that wound sting a little as Chaeyoung mentioned it. 

"Exactly!" The blonde yelled and sighed deeply. "I'll understand if you don't want anything to do with me after this. I'll stop this whole thing we going on."

Jisoo looked up in alarm. "What, no!" She said to the head cheerleader. They both flinched at how loud Jisoo was. She awkwardly cleared . 

"I mean...I like you Chaeyoung." She confessed for the nth time. "Just, stay. Let's work through this thing." 

Park Chaeyoung sighed in exhaustion but still accepted the offer. 

"Should I get you more ice?" Lisa asked the brunette who was laying down on the bed, a far away look in her eyes. 

"Hmm?" She snapped her attention to Lisa. The silver haired smiled and leaned down to kiss Jennie's lips. "You need more ice? It's still pretty round and red." She repeated. 

Jennie nodded with a pout. "It hurts." She whined, referring to the bump on her head caused by ramming into the wall. 

"I'm not going to another party. Ever." The brunette vowed. Lisa rose her eyebrow at her. "That's what you said a couple of months ago, after the last party we went to." 

"Just get me the damn ice." 

Lisa laughed, but listened. She headed out of the room and skipped down the steps. 

"Is she still being a crybaby?" Chaerin asked, in the middle of going through a few documents on the kitchen table. Ella was sitting beside her, trying to do her homework. 

Lisa smiled and nodded. "But it's cute, so I don't mind." The captain said, opening the freezer and getting another ice pack, putting the old one back. 

"With how hard she hit her head, I'm surprised she didn't get a concussion." Lisa mentioned. 

Chaerin only shook her head. "In case you didn't realize, my daughter is quite hard-headed." 

"She sure is." 

They laughed together and Lisa took a couple snacks with her before heading up the stairs. 

"Oh, is it alright if I stay the night?" She asked, pausing mid-step. Chaerin looked at her over the rim of her reading glasses. Ella turned around and did the same. 

"Fine, but don't do anything you wouldn't want me to see."  She warned.

"Yeah, nothing that I can't see." Ella repeated, trying to sound as firm as her mom. Chaerin smiled in pride and ruffled the child's hair. 

Lisa put her hands up in surrender. "Of course Mrs. Kim and Miss Kim." She playfully saluted to both of them and went back to the brunette's room.

She walked in to see Jennie stretching her arm over to the nightstand, trying to reach for her phone. Lisa smiled fondly at the cute struggle face the brunette had on. 

"Here." The younger walked over and handed the device to her girlfriend. Jennie smiled in thanks before reading through the numerous notifications that blew up her phone. 

"Oh god. We left Nayeon there by herself!" Jennie exclaimed, eyes widening as her friend's messages were screaming at her. 

 

"YOU ES!" 

 

"Not again!!!"

 

"I'm never going to a party with both of you idiots again!" 

 

"And I mean it this time" 

 

"..." 

 

"Just come and pick me up first"

 

"Please" 

 

-Nabongs 💞

 

"Oh ." Lisa said in realization. The silver haired said as she looked at the messages over Jennie's shoulder. 

She patted herelf down and pulled out the car keys. "I'll go and pick her up." Lisa said and was about to hurry out of the room. 

Jennie rolled around to face Lisa. "Alright hurry bac-AH!" She rammed her head into the corner of her nightstand, hitting the same round bump that was caused by her earlier collision. 

Lisa put her keys down. "Should I get more ice?" 

"It's your turn." 

Jisoo said for the second time. 

"Alright, shut up now." Chaeyoung said, squinting her eyes and paying the utmost focus at her task at hand. 

She picked up a piece and was about to move it, but she heard the older girl click her tongue. "What." The blonde said sharply. 

Jisoo merely shrugged. "Your knight is gonna be taken down if you put it there." She suggested. 

They were both still holed up in the bedroom, now playing a game of chess. After the confession they had, Jisoo and Chaeyoung both decided it would be better to just cool off in there before going out to the party again. 

"God I can't ing believe I'm really playing chess right now." 

Well, Jisoo thought it would be better to cool off in here. 

"Keep this attitude up and you'll earn yourself another game." The older girl threatened. 

The blonde grumbled quietly again, but listened, playing her part. 

Jisoo was going to pick up a piece, but her phone began to buzz instead. Chaeyoung stretched over and took it, seeing that it had Lisa's caller id on it. 

She silently turned it over to have Jisoo look at it and the older girl paled at that sight. "You answer it." She whispered harshly. 

The head cheerleader twisted her face in confusion. "No!" She whisper yelled. 

"Please. Just don't say anything weird. And tell her I'm out of the vicinity right now." Jisoo pleaded. 

"The vicinity?" Chaeyoung questioned, but answered the call, hearing Lisa speak on the other end. 

"Jisoo, I needed to ask you something." 

"Sorry, Jisoo can't come to the phone right now. Why? Cuz she's busy i-" Jisoo glared at the blonde, daring her to finish the sentence. "She's out of the vicinity right now." Chaeyoung said instead. 

"Alright, well tell her I asked her to pick up Nayeon too when you guys leave. Jennie and I left the party without her." Lisa said through the line, not believing the lie Chaeyoung told. 

"Fine, maybe I'll remember." 

"Uhm, you guys aren't doing anything right now, right?" The silver haired asked hesitantly. 

"Nope. we're playing chess, for your information." 

"Ooh! I love chess!" The blonde heard another voice perk up from the other side. 

"I know babe. Just lay back down." Focusing back to the conversation, Lisa reminded Chaeyoung again. 

"Don't forget Nayeon." 

The head cheerleader didn't answer back as she turned off the phone. 

The raven haired moved her queen up the chess board. Smiling proudly as she spoke. "Checkmate." 

The reaction was not as she expected as Park Chaeyoung only stood up and stretched. "Finally. Now let's get out of here." 

Jisoo pouted at the lack of competitiveness. 

They walked out of the room and were quite shocked to see empty halls. Just how long were they in that room. 

Going down the stairs, Chaeyoung spotted Nayeon sitting atop the kitchen counter, talking to the person standing just in front of her. The blonde squinted her eyes and was even more shocked to see that it was Jeongyeon.

She held onto Jisoo's sleeve. "You have to pick Nayeon up too. Lisa told me." 

Jisoo nodded and they both got collected the brunette, bringing her to the car. 

"Finally someone is here to get me. I thought I was gonna be trapped in there forever!" Nayeon exclaimed, leaning forward from the back seat. 

She clutched onto the leather of seats to scoot forward. 

"Get your hands off those seats if you want to keep them for future use." Park Chaeyoung said without turning around and still driving. Jisoo sighed and shook her head from the passenger seat.

Nayeon yelped and snatched her hands off, retreating to her place. 

The raven haired gave the blonde a hard look and Chaeyoung clicked her tongue. 

"Fine. I'm sorry Nayeon." She apologized, not for Nayeon, but for Jisoo to stop looking at her like she killed someone.

The older perked up. Park Chaeyoung really apologized to her. Wow. She was about to open to acknowledge that, but Chaeyoung took a sharp turn, making her get tossed to the other side, her seatbelt pulling at her uncomfortably. 

"Never mind." She whispered to herself. 

"Oh my god. Do you think it's going to burst." Lisa asked, looking at the bump curiously. 

Jennie groaned and swatted blindly at her girlfriend with her eyes still closed. "It's not a volcano or a zit, Lisa. It's a grave and unfortunate injury." She said. 

The silver haired giggled, but stopped with the teasing. "Fine, if you say so. I still can't believe you didn't get a concussion of some sort." She said, partly amazed by the brunette's thick skull. 

Lisa snuggled back into Jennie's side, putting her head in the crook of her neck, placing light kisses there. 

Jennie only shrugged. 

"What can I say. I really am hard headed."