Chapter Two: She left the Hospital

The CEO's Ex Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun slowly opened her eyes,a white ceiling and a blinding light was the first thing that she sees. Slowly sitting down,her eyes looked around she knew she was in the hospital. 

 

Harder, she tried to remember what happened the following night, the  pale and thin woman remembers a black Maybach coming in her way,and before she could try the sleek ride collided in her body. 

 

​​​​​​The door slightly opened and a woman in white came in smiling seeing her.

 

"Ms.Bae,your awake." The nurse smiled.

 

"Who brought me here?" Joohyun asked the woman.

 

"If im not mistaken, that  woman was the current CEO of Kang Empire." The latter answer while checking her dextrose. "Oh before i forgot, she also lives this for you." The woman hand Joohyun a white envelope. After checking everything Joohyun was once again left alone.

 

Joohyun's eyes were staring at the big amount of money inside the envelope. 

 

"Kang Empire." She mumbled bitterly. "Kang Seulgi"...

 

 

 

 

 

''ringgggg~ ringgggg~ ringgggg~'

 

 Seulgi opened her eyes,her sleep was disturbed by the non-stop ringing of her phone."

 

She reached her phone from her side table and answer the call from the unknown number.

 

"Hello?"

 

"Is this Ms. Kang Seulgi?" The person from the other side asked.

 

"Speak."

 

"Ms. Kang,this is from Seoul Medical?" 

"Hmmm..?" Seulgi just hummed.

"Its about patient Bae Joohyun? It seems like the patient left the hospital without anyone's consent. She also left behind the money you asked to give her." The nurse reported. "Ms. Kang the patient's body was still weak and needed a proper rest,please take her back to the hospital." The nurse told the young CEO.

"I..okay." Seulgi just answered and hanged up.

Looking at the time,it was already 7am. Seulgi decided to get ready for the day.

Walking in the dining room, she  saw her mother and half-sister enjoying their breakfast.

"Good morning Seul!" Seungwan,her mom's daughter before she marries her father.

"Morning unnie." Seulgi greeted her sister back before diverting her eyes to her mother whose busy eating. "Eomma..."

Mrs. Kang, also known as Madam Kang looked up at her youngest. "Yes?"

"Three years ago,did..." Joohyun stopped for a while  and take a deep breath. "...did Joohyun accepted the alimony money?"

Madam Kang stares at her daughter. She don't has to answer for she already knew that her ex-wife didn't.

"Why you didn't tell me?" Seulgi asked her mother.

"Seulgi,what's  the use of telling you? You two are divorced,we dont have anything to do with her anymore."

"Eomma,she was my ex-wife." Seulgi smiled bitterly.

"Exactly! Your ex-wife! Ex! Meaning before.!" Madam Kang raised her voice. " We dont have anything to do with her. It is her who slapped away the hands of the people who wanted to help her."

"Still, you could've told me!" Seulgi shouted.

"Seulgi, why?" Madam Kang don't have to ask more.

"I saw her last night." Seulgi started. " Do you know how bad she looks? She's tired, she's thin! I don't even know if she's eating properly or has been taking care of!!" Seulgi shouted. "If you only told me,i could've checked on her,see if she's okay!"

"Seulgi,you don't raise your voice at me,im your mother, where is your manner?" 

Seulgi just shakes her head she looked at her father whose quietly eat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter