A Mother's Restlessness

Magical Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Someone else is here." Suho snarled, looking around the hallway for the trespasser. Haeun's eyes fired in rage at the thought of someone here. Someone who knew who her mother was. This ability they had, they wielded the dead using them for however they wished. Whoever this person was, they were manipulating her mother like a puppet. The ability was able to handle and control any dead creature they wanted, but it depends on the wielder, the dead are not always so compromising to become someone's pawn. The weaker the wielder the less effort a dead creature could take advantage of and become a being itself. 

"Mom," Haeun whispered, burned and eyes blurred at the sight of her beautiful mother, even foggy and hazy, that figure was her mother. The shadow turned, it listened for her voice, eating the words and hungry for more. "It's me, Haeun." She choked. Slightly faceless and Haeun still knew that her mother had seen her. Looked at her at a longing Haeun wanted for so long, she wanted there to be more. She wanted this to be a reality. The shadow let go of Luhan, he fell to the floor with a choking fit. He grabbed his throat defensively looking at the shadow with disgust. But it didn't care, it only cared for Haeun's voice. Listening. Following it like a moth flying its way to bright light. 

The shadow circled Haeun, taking in her figure, taking in her warmth. Haeun let out a broken laugh, tears had fallen as the shadow stayed put in front of her. It looked at her, Haeun wanted to feel the love, feel her mother's embrace; there was coldness instead. It was an agonizing coldness that made Haeun cry even more. This isn't real. This could never be real. Her mother is dead, gone, and this is just a figure based on emotions. It's not her mother; it is nothing but a wreck of a ghost. And yet, she wanted to believe that this was her mother, that whatever it could feel, it could feel her. At the very least, let it know that she was her daughter. That she was someone that it had died to protect. "I love you." Haeun smiled. A smile so crooked and cracked that the shadow moaned. It couldn't even speak, it could only let out noises that made ears ring. Three words Haeun wasn't able to tell her mother, the shadow probably didn't even understand what it meant, but in the end, she had said it; even if it was to a fragment of what her mother once was. 

The shadow vanished in a puff of smoke. The intruder was probably now gone, and they had now given her a wound that she thought was once sealed shut to reopen in a tormented mess. She let out another laugh as she wiped her tears away, crazy she was, and yet, she did not care. She didn't care the boys were looking at her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter