Past Is Broken

Magical Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"My sun. Our ability is magical, it is a beauty but sometimes a flaw." Haeun looked up at her mother with her wide innocent eyes. She tilted her head in curiosity, but her eyes brightened when her eyes swirled a pretty sky blue. Droplets of water twirled around Haeun, she squealed as it lightly splashed at her face. "We decide on how we use our ability, there are those who use it to hurt others while few use it to protect, what would you choose?" Her mother asked softly, her voice was like stars, like heaven, like everything she loved. 

Haeun answered with no hesitation, "I will protect! I will protect you and daddy!" Haeun cheered, her eyes sparkling with hope, with innocence any child should have. Her mother smiled, happy with her daughter's words. 

Her mother picked her up into her eyes, she brought her forehead to Haeun's. Eyes that were gleaming of admiration. 

"There will be one day when mommy and daddy will go somewhere far away, you have to be able to protect yourself then, with everything you have you will protect yourself, but there will be a day when you will trust and love someone that you want to protect them, go with your heart and be happy." She whispered, but Haeun shook her head, 

"Where will you go? Are you going to leave me alone?" Haeun brought her head back to look at her mother, pricks of fear hit her at the thought of losing her parents. Her mother shook her head softly. 

"Not in a long while, not until you've grown into a big girl. I will be here until you're one great lady." Haeun grinned. 

Her mother lied. She left her when she was still a little girl, she left her alone. But somehow it was still a memory Haeun cherishes. 

~~*~~

"What do you want to know?" They were still looking over at her home, seeing what the insides of her home were something that was gold to them. Was her home that precious? Jongin had apologized to her, saying he looked through her house trying to look for her, which meant he had seen the room that her parents had gifted for her. As long he didn't ruin it, it was fine. 

"What happened to your past?" Chanyeol asked she looked at them as they sat on the two long couches across each other while she sat on the one chair that stood on the left of the two. Haeun wrapped her hands around herself, thinking slowly. 

"How much do you know?" She whispered, they turned to glance at each other, there was some who knew more while Chanyeol and Jongin stared at her blankly, they don't know anything. 

"Her dad's the killer who killed the four men nine years ago, but we don't know why and that's the only thing that we know," Suho answered Chanyeol and Jongin turned their heads to look at him. Chanyeol blinked, his jaw tightened. Haeun softly flinched at how Suho described her father. He was a killer they thought, those people were the killers, her father was nowhere from being a killer. 

"My dad was one of the people that got killed," Chanyeol muttered, all their heads snapped toward him. His eyes hardened when he turned to look at Haeun. She blinked a dread that piled in her stomach. "If your father didn't kill him, he probably would've killed me." He grunted.

"Your dad killed my mom." Haeun breathed. And suddenly everyone went silent. "Those four men who my father had murdered was because they killed my mother, they ripped her to pieces because she was trying to protect me. My father and my mother, they were strong people but my mom was the strongest out of the two, so she thought that it would be better if she protected us from inside the house and my dad protect me in a forest, a place where his ability thrives. We stayed in the forest for two days, and for two days my mother didn't get us. When we came back..." Haeun shuddered as her eyes went glassy, she couldn't go any further and the boys didn't push her. They knew enough. "My dad killed those four men for vengeance. He tracked them one by one, and as the news told you, none of their deaths were hardly fast. They were merciless and controlled by anger. When he killed them, he didn't come home. For weeks he didn't come home until he didn't come home at all, I guess he was too ashamed to see me. And he knew if they find him they would find me. He killed himself, leaving me alone. For nine years..." She whispered. 

"What made you so scared to leave the house?" Sehun asked, trying to be soft and calming as possible. Like he was trying to calm down an injured animal. 

"When I was little, when my parents were both alive, I would always go out of the house. We would go everywhere, that night was the first time I get to see the world wasn't the brightest, I got to see humans at a different angle, but it still didn't scare me to step out. But when my dad left me, he said to never step out of the house. To always keep the door locked. After when both of my parents left me, It was a month after when I needed to find out how to get food because I was running out, I went to the food market by myself and at that time people knew who I was. I was the little girl who came with her pretty mom every Saturday. After I got everything, I thought I would be able to do these things by myself. But see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter