Closer One Gets

Magical Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Maybe Suho being rich wasn’t such a bad thing. Haeun eyed the classy restaurant that he decided to bring both them in, at first she disagreed. The school was still going on but he decided to skip and go somewhere to eat which wasn’t something she would think the student council president would do. Chandeliers that looked like melted stars and the room dim for the lights to shine its glory. It looked way too elegant for them to just eating lunch. After they had left the building, Suho had asked another driver to come and pick them up, and now they were here. 

“You think this is a good idea?” Haeun said, a bit hesitant to touch anything that looked too valuable. Hell, she didn’t even want to touch the utensils, they might somehow break because of her and she would have to pay for it. This place looked way too expensive for her to even glance at. Suho gave her a small smile, picking up the menu and looking through the options of food. She looked at the menu but didn’t have the nerve to touch it.

“Of course, we’re both hungry, might as well get something to eat.” Suho scanned the menu, eying her for a split second and then looked back. “Staring at the front page of the menu won’t do you any good.”

Finally, still hesitant as she was, Haeun picked up the menu and looked at the varieties of food. As she looked through the delicious description of each food she took a glimpse of the price to each of the ones she drooled at and then her tongue suddenly felt dry. 

"fifty-five dollars for a burger?" She glared at the menu as if it was some kind of monster. "Don't you think that's a bit too much for a slap of meat and cheese?" She said exasperated and Suho dared to laugh at her. Her glare to the menu turned to Suho and pushed the menu back and crossed her arms. "I would rather not eat anything." 

"Buts it's not you that's paying. I'm treating you, be happy." Suho gave her a crooked grin that made her scoff. 

"So if I asked for the whole restaurant would you buy it?" A bit of challenge in her tone, he quirked an eyebrow and smirked at her. 

"You're not the person to ask something like that." Suho returned the tone with his own, he sat back and surveyed her fully. Haeun squirmed under his stare that looked as if he was going to eat her alive but she wasn't going to back down. 

"Who knows, you don't know me." He suddenly closed the distance with one single move, his chest that was now leaning on the table, head closer to her face, more than she had liked. Her heart suddenly jumped up a notch and she almost scoffed at the realization that they were hissing and biting each other's head off just not too long ago. So why was she having these weird feelings now? With that face of his, anger shouldn't last long. He had a sharp jawline, his curved cheekbone and his white uniform did little to stop his muscles from showing. His skin was a dewy cream that any girl would envy. Before she could look at other places that she knew she would regret later the waiter came by with a tray of iced of water. Enough time for her to cool down her thoughts and emotions. Suho turned to look at him and moved back from his seat. 

"Would you like to order now?" The man who looked like in his mid-thirties asked, she glanced at his nametag that carved 'Daniel'. Haeun flicked her eyes up and looked at his emerald eyes. Daniel turned to look at her and gave her a small smile, he wouldn't be giving her that look if he knew who she was.

"Yes, I would like a medium-rare sirloin with broccoli as a side. She would like a plate of shrimp alfredo, side of french fries." He answered clear and elegance that many people around him would speak like. The man nodded, noting on his little notebook and then walking away with the menus. 

"How did you know what I wanted?" She tiled her head, curiosity was written all over her face. 

"Random guess." He shrugged, Haeun rolled her eyes and took a sip of her water. He stared at her as she did so, she had clear porcelain skin, a lovely pink on her petite lips, and her pretty hazel eyes that had a little green on the inside. Suho shook his head violently quickly erasing the thoughts away, he quickly turned his head to look at anywhere but her. His body was suddenly burning with his pulse beating rapidly, what was exactly happening to him? His stomach twisted and tightened and he knew for sure it wasn't because of hunger. Well, not for food. 

"After this, school is definitely going to be over, are you going home?" Haeun whispered, placing her cup down and he whipped his head to look at her in surprise. Another grin suddenly spread on his lips. Haeun had the urge to roll her eyes. 

"What? Are you worried?" She frowned at him, her eyebrows raised high as if she was deeply offended by his words. 

"Of course I am, didn't you hear that threat your dad made? I would rather for you to stay in a hotel for a couple of days than living with that angry man." Something inside him warmed at her w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter