Battles Always Kill

Magical Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haeun stared at the old construction site, old and forgotten from the world. The building was old with rust that started to build around the surface of the walls. The glass that looked it wasn't cleaned in centuries, the surrounding itself had a strong smell of trash and old metal. Tae-hyung right beside her, his face hardened, determined to get his brother and his friend back. Her resolve ignited just as much as his. They had used a taxi driving to the written address that these people had given Tae-hyung, but they stopped two blocks away so the driver wouldn't get suspicious of them and call the police. She walked forward but her feet felt like lead, every step felt harder and harder because for once she was going to do something that she forced herself not to since the day of the accident. When she was little she couldn't feel it, there was nothing at the palm of her hands. Her mother said that it would come when her body felt it was right to, it came. When it did, it was the reason she couldn't step out of her house for nine years. She looked at Tae-hyung, for a second he let himself feel fear, to feel what they were up against. When it comes to power there was always a good side and a bad side. 

She saw the news, many of those who were high in the hierarchy were dying off by a group that had called themselves the Salvation. Haeun realized that the principal could be involved with it. Next thing she knew they would start killing the Watchers, she hated how she thought of it too, but it wouldn't sound bad if they were to die off. She shook her head slightly, she wanted them gone but she didn't want them dead. They could have families, children that looked up to them. Besides Suho's dad, he's a monster that shouldn't have children if he was going to act like that. Haeun looked at her hands to see it shaking, she tightened her jaw as she curled her hands into fists. She couldn't be scared now, not when it could be her worst mistake. 

"Please don't get hurt," Tae-hyung whispered, she snorted, trying to at least lighten up the mood. 

"I'm Jung Haeun, I'm invincible." She brought her hand to her chest, feigning proudness. He huffs out a chuckle but there was no mirth to it. 

Tae-hyung opened the giant doors, she followed right behind. 

"Suho! Sehun!" Haeun yelled Tae-hyung made a pained noise at the back of his throat. They were tied, hands roped behind the chair they sat with the legs tied as well. They were gagged with a white handkerchief as they bled from their forehead, bruised cheeks, Sehun having a black rim around his right eye that looked like it could barely open. Couldn't they use their powers? Unless a suppresser's here. It dawned her that if there was one here then she wouldn't be able to use what she needed. Panic started wrapping itself in her mind. She would just have to knock them down first. "Tae-hyung, get them out," Haeun whispered a little low that made Tae-hyung strain to hear. He didn't need to be asked twice before running toward them. 

Work. Come on, you need to work. For Sehun, for Suho. 

Haeun's eyes flickered. She glanced up, seeing a couple of men watching them from below. No-one looked at the three, but they looked at her. Cold and calculated, a small smirk on their lips. They knew who she was, what she was. Her eyes quickly died out before it started. Haeun couldn't do it, they wanted to use her, see for sure if she was who they thought of as. She took a step back. One of them raised an eyebrow, suddenly their eyes shimmered a cold shade of gold. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter