Memories Hold Darkness

Magical Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mommy!" The echoes of a screaming child reigned under the night sky. A little girl who cried for her mother as her father brought him into his arms, hiding her from the darkness no child had the right to see. Each second her wailing became louder, it became more mangled until there were no words left, there were just screams of agony. She thrashed under her father's arms, any way to get out of his grip and see her mother. She couldn't leave her, she wanted her mother. If only her eyes glowed like her mothers. If only she could use the ability she was born with. Her father ran faster than she ever saw him. But she didn't care, he was running away from mother, his grip only grew tighter every moment she tried to fight away from him. "Daddy! We get need to get Mommy! She's hurt!" She screeched but it only enhanced her father's speed. They went into the forest near their home, every step he took was another step away from mother, every step that made their home fade into the background. 

She whipped her head to look at her father, desperation that hung deeply in her eyes. She watched as her father's eyes glowed a beautiful shade of emerald. She watched as the forest came to life at her father's command. Through those green eyes, there was a pain, sadness, and a strong sense of regret. She couldn't understand why her father was acting like this, but because of it- he gave her a split second to hate him. She hated herself for feeling such a thing. 

At this point they were deep into the forest, her father crouched behind a tree looking at her with glassy eyes. A dim pine glow that fought with his hazel orbs. He gave her a small smile that couldn't reach his eyes. "My little sun. Mommy will be alright. Mommy is going to be okay." He choked, she was young, she was still a child but the lie her father given her was bright like the sun but dark like the blackest nights. She choked on another sob. 

"Let's go see mommy. I want mommy!" She yelled, for a second she thought her father would oblige. As if she was the only string that held him from staying to going back and find his love. His face blanched and her body slackened. He wasn't going to, he was going to leave mother there by herself. With men that looked too out of their mind for their own good. Another set of tears formed at the crease of her eyes, to her surprise her father's eyes did the same. He was in pain just as her, but something else was ripping him inside, something she couldn't understand. 

"She will be alright." This time it didn't even sound like he was comforting her, he was comforting himself and he was trying to believe it with all of his heart and mind. She couldn't believe it, she wanted to see it. He held on her petite hands, "we will see her again, wait, just for a little longer." She didn't wait, but she knew her father wasn't going to change his decision, but his words alone were eating him alive. He used the tree for support but it slowly died under his hands. Withering until it was a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter