Linger In Pain

Magical Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She looked at her phone, looking at Suho's contact while debating if she should text him or not. He gave her his phone number for that specific reason so why couldn't she do it? Haeun sat on her bed silently staring at her dim phone with her wet hair. Her dark roots were growing and she wondered if she should re-dye it or just keep her hazel hair. She dyed it herself thinking it was a good idea, she bought it on Amazon with her lifetime supply of money given by her mom and dad. She did everything by herself at the starting of seven. Her mom taught her to cook where she expanded her recipes throughout the years and dad taught her how to fix things from broken pipes to broken flooring or ceilings. She had a busy childhood but it was fun when her mom and dad were there. When they were alive. She tightened her grip on her phone while she let out a choked sigh. 

It's been nine years, she couldn't cry now. Not when she used it all up for years. 

Haeun realized that Suho had given his phone number on her phone but that didn't mean he would have hers. It would mean that she would have to text him first. She let out a frustrated groan, looking at the time on the top of her phone to see eight-thirty. Would he still be awake? He was Suho, for all she knew he probably had his own curfew and slept at eight. 

screw it she thought in her head, she tapped on messages finding Suho then typing hey. With a little force, she made herself sent it. For a second she didn't think he would answer. Haeun rolled her eyes, why was she even doing this? She was acting like a middle school girl getting her crushes phone number. It was stupid. Haeun turned off her phone, she was about to place it on her nightstand when it lightly buzzed on her hand. She whipped it in front of her eyes where she saw a hi from Suho. Her stomach fluttered in weird warmth she couldn't explain. She typed quickly with her thumbs sending,

Did I wake you? 

Suho: No, I don't sleep this early. 

She laughed at her past thoughts, so maybe Suho wasn't the strict disciplined person she thought of him as. 

Haeun: I see, are you alright now? 

Suho: Yeah, my father is worried about my mother coming home. As of right now, he doesn't have time for me. 

Her lips thinned in thought. Something was aching in her chest, how could any father be like that? Was his mother just the same? That would hurt any person, she wanted to help, she would do anything. But she didn't know what. 

Suho: Are you about to go to sleep? 

Haeun: Nah, I sleep around twelve. Maybe one if I get hungry. 

Suho: Who takes an hour to eat? 

Haeun: Me. 

She could already see Suho chuckling on the other side of the screen. She smiled to herself, a grin she didn't know she was holding on to. 

Suho: Are you going to bring my homework for the next few days? 

Haeun: I don't think so, not when your guard has decided to hate me and your dad could see me coming anytime. I'm just grateful that the guard hasn't said anything. He hasn't said anything...Did he?

Suho: Not sure, I don't think he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter