Happiness For Sadness

Magical Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haeun wanted to snort at the sight of Suho. Walking into the classroom with such pride and satisfaction made her body warm-up to something she couldn't describe. Why couldn't she accept this decision sooner? Why did she decide it was such a good idea to block Suho away from her? So she wouldn't torment herself if anything were to happen to him. Her parents died, Tae-hyung died, she wasn't going to let more people she loved to leave in a blink of an eye. Not when she could protect them, not when she could have so much time with them if she just let them in. Haeun knew that she would have to tell them everything if she genuinely believed in them, all of her crazy ideas, her dangerous plans, she would say to them everything, and they would be there right by her side. Happiness lifted her steps, brightened her eyes more she could ever wonder. 

Her next classes went by in a breeze until lunch came. When Haeun and Suho saw each other in the hallways, they would brush their knuckles close, a small thing that made the girl inside her squeal in delight. But there would always be a little voice in the back of her head that hissed that whatever she was doing was wrong, that someone would find out, and Suho would have to pay the consequences. 

She sat next to Sehun, the cafeteria abrupting with loud talking and their round table occupied with only the two of them. It was weird not having Tae-hyung there. The seat across from them empty, a hollow picture that made her heart ache. Haeun glanced at Sehun if he missed his brother; he's excellent at hiding it. 

"I miss this," Sehun spoke, his eyes distant, voice soft. Haeun stared at him; he looked so different without his brother. He was always so bright, so joyful, without his brother, he seems older, hardened at the emptiness of who should be beside him, and yet he could still look so small. "It's been a month now, sitting alone without the both of you." He whispered. Her eyes widened, he sat alone? Where were the others? As if he could sense the question replied dryly, "I didn't let anyone near me; not having you or my brother next to me. Having someone to replace any of you felt wrong. Even if I forced myself to sit with someone, in the end, I couldn't take it. It was too different for me; I didn't like it." 

"Oh, Sehun..."  Her chest tightened at what Sehun could've looked like all alone, broken, confused. It was unfair of her to leave him all by himself when his brother was gone. Even now, Sehun couldn't say Tae-hyung's name without choking up. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter