Acceptance That Fortifies

Magical Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haeun ran for her life, the people she cared most was now chasing her down as if she was an animal. As if she was a creature to be killed. She knew that they have knowledge of where she lived, but she only had a couple of months on the outside world, she knew nothing about what the outside area held. She could only hope she can protect herself inside her own home. Her breathing hitched as she listened closely to the footsteps behind her, she wasn't ready to hurt them. She wasn't ready to face them as enemies, especially Suho and Sehun. Sehun became her closest friend with Tae-hyung. She wondered how Tae-hyung would feel now finally that the secrets out and his own brother is chasing her down. Would he have to run away from them like her or pretend he didn't know anything? 

She twisted her body to take a turn, to the left and then another left. Relief tickled her stomach as she saw her house, but it all evaporated when someone grabbed her wrist and pulled her to the ground, they surged to the ground, but somehow her head was being protected by someone with large hands. Her eyes closed shut, hoping it wouldn't be Chanyeol or Baekhyun, she barely knew them, but if Chanyeol was holding her he would put her into flames in mere seconds. She let out a yelp when in split seconds they were no longer on the ground but on a soft cushion, a place that smelled pleasant like her own home. There was only one person who could do such a thing. She snapped her head up to look at Jongin. He looked down at her, eyeing her in suspicion. 

"You're not going to torch me, are you?" He asked she raised an eyebrow. Body tense by what he thought she would do. 

"I would've done it ages ago." She replied where he left out a chuckle, he moved away, where she was able to use her elbows to be in a sitting position. "Why did you help me?" Haeun narrowed her eyes. Her lips became a tightened line. At first, he stayed silent staring at her as if she wasn't the person who he would use as an object days ago, he looked at her as if she was someone different. Then he brought his hand to rub at the back of his neck, questioning why he did it also. Then he shrugged. 

"I'm not sure either, I was sure enough that you wouldn't hurt us, or at least kill us. Sehun is still on your side, Sehun and Tae-hyung have been by your side more than we, so of course, he still has hope that you mean no harm. Suho... He's fighting his own emotions. But you need to see where they're coming from, there was a time when Stealers roam freely when they could force people to give them powers, and use it to their bidding. That specific ability brought fear through the country, and the Watchers one day banished Stealers, they became illegal. Those who had the ability were executed, but they didn't go down without a fight. Stealers get to take abilities with a single touch, every single drop a person holds on their ability, taken until there's nothing left. At that time there was at least about a hundred Stealers in the country, all that could hold five abilities under their grasp. It took a group of regular abilities to take down one Stealer. As many started to die, Stealers went into hiding. Of course, the Watchers tried to kill as many as they could, until there was none left. Well, that's what we thought. Stealers in this country has become something everyone fears. But those guys out there just need another push that you're something they shouldn't be so scared of." 

"What am I suppose to show them? That my ability doesn't hurt people? Jongin, saying that would be like saying we don't have a moon! They saw what a Stealer is capable of, I killed ten, twenty people because I couldn't control my anger, my fear that you were going to get hurt! Nine years, I've gone through nine years, hating myself, scared of what I could do. That I would kill others if it means protecting myself or those who I care the most." 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter