Life Thats Lonely

Magical Liar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haeun flickered the lights on when she stepped inside. She flung her backpack to her ivory couch and headed to the kitchen sink. She laid her hand underneath the faucet and cold water. At first, she wanted to scream. It was more painful she imagined, she bit on her lip hard enough until it drew blood. 

She waited, with strained patience until the burn mark started to cool down with the water. She let out a sigh of relief when it became only a numbing pain. Haeun let her hand soak in cold water until she could barely feel her fingers and then wrapped it with white gauze. Her home was simple, it was like any ordinary house should look like, a living room, a kitchen, two bathrooms- one upstairs, one downstairs, and three bedrooms all upstairs. The two bedroom with no-one to live with her soon became a storage area that she would randomly put things in from time to time.  The walls were painted creamy ivory and the floors of polished wood. She didn't have a basement but had an attic instead, the house itself was then built a rural area. Half of the things she told Tae-hyung was correct, she did have a home far away from everyone. To hide, just not the reason she had told him. Partially. 

It was around six when she got home, taking a shower and doing the homework led it to seven-thirty. Haeun laid on her bed, with her hair still wet. Her room was dark, she didn't have the need to turn it on. Looking at her ceiling, she listened to the trees brushing with the wind, thinking and waiting. 

Don't you like it this way? No-one will hurt you, and you can be alone. Stay. The dark. Stay. 

The temptation was hurting her, she got hurt on her first day but also made friends. One of them already knowing her secrets. They knew something, just not all of it. And it was going to stay that way unless he blabbers to the whole school with that mouth of his. She didn't know how to trust him, she never trusted anyone before besides her parents, and now they're dead, it might be a little difficult. Was she going to try? Who knows, maybe. She would eventually have to, but she didn't know how. And with Sehun, she knew that Tae-hyung would one day have to tell his own brother that their friend has lied to them this entire time. She was going to have to see betrayal and anger because she didn't trust him or any of them enough. Its been a while since she had social interaction, and she never thought it would be so difficult. 

She ran into a cave of wolves and she only hoped she can get out alive. Each day, each second. 

~~*~~

Second, third, fourth, and somehow a week had passed. Her wound was healing, very slowly. Of course, Tae-hyung and Sehun asked what it was about but she lied. She was being reckless while chopping so carrots. It was a horrible lie but somehow they believed it. They said they could get it healed faster, but then they would see a handprint. They would know she lied but also go after the person who did it to her- Chanyeol, and she didn't need that right now. She did get threatened here and there and with Tae-hyung and Sehun staying by her side, it slowly lightened. Only to a degree. There were some people who weren't afraid Sehun when he comes to help her. He was a first-year so sometimes there will be a fight that erupts between him and the person who dared to touch her. He won every single one. His ability was being a windblaster, the ones who control the wind and the worlds air through their own will. Sehun was able to control it well enough that he could target a person's air and rip it away from them. Of course, he would only do it when the fights became too rough, it seemed he hated the logic. Just the thought of her surroundings oxygen gone, willed away from and she could only gasp for nothing. It made tighten every time she saw it. And she could see it was the same for Sehun. 

"You know, you don't always have to protect me. I can handle things on my own as well." Haeun spoke, walking with Sehun to her next period. She appreciated his time and effort to be there for her, she was happy and fortunate to have him as a friend. But he would sometimes stay till the bell rang, and she knew for sure that Sehun's class wasn't that close with hers. She had two with him, but besides that Sehun's classes were a bit far. He was lat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter