Always go back to Jessica

Warm Ice

Always go back to Jessica

 

 

 

 

“Stupid Yunho!... making my heart beat like this” 

 

Jaejoong said washing his face, his face was still blushing and his body tingling. 

 

‘Is Yunho interested in me? No! no! That can’t be....’ 

‘What if he really is? What should I do?’ 

‘Do I want him to?’ 

‘Ugh! I barely know this man, for God’s sake!’ 

‘Why am I so affected by him?! Do I like him?’ 

 

Thoughts raced in the other’s brain as he leaned against the bathroom counter, he knew the answer to the last question... he can’t deny the attraction he feels towards Yunho. 

 

‘You are amazing... Jaejoong-ah...’ 

 

Yunho’s voice echoed in his head, and the blush deepened again. 

 

‘Does he mean it? What if he does?’ 

‘Should I give this a chance?’ 

‘Ugh! I don’t know...’ 

‘I... I want to... I really want to...’ 

‘My heart is going crazy...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought looking at his reflection in the bathroom mirror, his face was blushing, he bit his lower lip holding a smile. 

 

‘Maybe... Maybe this is not a bad thing... I do... I do like him...’ 

 

That thought sent his cheeks on fire. 

 

“Ya! Lee Taemin!” 

 

Jaejoong heard a sharp voice calling, getting near the bathroom door... he didn’t know why he panicked and hopped to the bathroom stall, closing the door behind him, maybe the thoughts that were in his head made him a bit self-conscious... 

 

“Hyung! Wait up!” 

 

“you know I hate waiting, Taemin-ah...” 

 

“I know, Sorry!” 

 

“Pfft! Silly!” 

 

“So Hyung! How was your vacation last week?” 

 

“It was ok...” 

 

“Huh? Just ok? I thought you were excited to spend a week by the beach... What happened?” 

 

Taemin’s confused tone made the other smile. 

 

“I were, I still am, Tae... but... I felt... lonely” 

 

“Hyung...” 

 

Taemin called and looked at the other sadly knowing that Heechul was hoping to have Siwon go with him on that vacation so he could confess to him and have a real talk, but that goofy man ruined the plans as he took extra work shifts off his sick teammate that week, apologizing to Heechul the last minute. 

 

“Oh Yeah! Hyung!” 

 

Taemin called thinking that changing the subject is the best thing to do. 

 

“Hmm?” 

 

Heechul replied fixing his red hair. 

 

 

 

“Did you see the beautiful guy Yunho Hyung invited?... The one whom can’t walk well...” 

 

Jaejoong stiffed upon hearing these words, he was sure they were talking about him, he held his breath curious about what they are going to say. 

 

“I did... He is really beautiful...” 

 

The other voice replied, smiling at Taemin whom was grinning to him. 

 

“I think Yunho and him are together!” 

 

Jaejoong’s eyes widened hearing this, his heart beating faster thinking about being with Yunho. 

 

“Don’t be silly, what are you saying?” 

 

“Didn’t you notice?... Yunho Hyung kept checking on him every few minutes... I think he is into this guy... And, he also gave him a golden necklace... put it around his neck himself...” 

 

“Knock it off, Taemin-ah... Whether Yunho likes him or not, it’s Yunho’s business... not ours...” 

 

Taemin looked disappointedly at the other, nothing seems to cheer up the other. 

 

“But Heechul Hyung...” 

 

‘Heechul?’ 

 

Jaejoong thought swallowing hard, waiting for the answer of the beautiful man Siwon was after. 

 

“Taemin-ah... The guy is beautiful, indeed, and whether Yunho decides to get it on with him isn’t our business... Why are you so interested in this?” 

 

“Because of Jessica Noona....” 

 

Taemin said with a sigh. 

 

“Taemin-ah... I don’t think Yunho will appreciate you talking about his personal life...”  

 

Heechul said in a warning tone. 

 

‘Jessica?’  

‘Yunho is straight?’  

‘I assumed... he hugged me! I assumed... he is’ 

‘Who is Jessica...?’ 

 

Jaejoong repeated the name in his head. 

 

“Do you think Yunho Hyung will ever get over her?” 

 

“I hope so, Yunho deserves to be happy... though I doubt this time will be any different from any of the rest... in my opinion, Yunho will always go back to her...” 

 

Heechul said in a sad tone. 

 

‘No different from the rest? Always go back to Jessica?!’ 

 

Words kept repeating in Jaejoong’s head making him feel sick to the stomach... What was he thinking? Did he really think that a man like Yunho would choose someone like him... of course not! Why would he?  

 

‘Jessica... are they together?... looks like they are in some sort of a relationship... but he hugged me! Flirted with me!! Why would he do that when there is someone in his life?!’ 

 

The disappointment Jaejoong felt soon turned to fury, feeling manipulated and misled by the other, he closed his eyes tight trying to stop the tears. 

 

‘Breathe... breathe... you are stronger that that...’ 

 

Jaejoong sniffed, taking a deep breath, opening his glassy eyes, trying his best to relax his fingers which were digging in his palms. 

 

‘All I have to is go back and have a good time... I shouldn’t care about him... If it was alright for him to try and hook up with me while being with someone else, then it not the case for me... I can't accept this!’ 

 

Jaejoong took another deep breath, he stood against the big mirror combing his hair with his fingers before leaving the bathroom walking slowly toward the hall, where couples were swaying on a very smooth music. 

 

‘Ugh... I should eat something’ 

 

He thought eyeing the plates of food around the hall, feeling some heaviness in his stomach after the painkillers...  

 

Limping slowly towards the buffet, trying his best not to put any weight on his right foot. He took a plate and filled it with a couple pastries. 

 

“I missed you...” 

   

A faint voice said near his ear making him look up to meet two smiling almond eyes. 

 

“I doubt that...” 

 

Jaejoong said faintly focusing on his food looking away from the other. 

 

“Then I’ll have to clear those doubts... come on let’s go somewhere quiet...” 

 

Yunho chuckled and said, palming the other’s shoulder. 

 

‘Oh, no, no! I will not allow you to take advantage! If he’s looking for an easy temporary fix, he picked the wrong person!’ 

 

Jaejoong thought puffing his cheeks, before meeting the other’s eyes with a fake smile, saying: 

 

“I wouldn’t want to keep you away from your guests, more that I already had....” 

 

‘I bet everyone here knows about Jessica... how dare he! Try and flirt with me in front of them’ 

 

Jaejoong thought before smiling at the tall man who’s just approached them. 

 

“Changmin-ssi... Thank you again, though I didn’t eat the plate you filled for me but thank you!” 

 

“It’s noting... I left it on the table in case you still want it... tell me if you don’t... I hate food to go to waste” 

 

Changmin said smiling back at the paler man, before looking at the host whom face was serious. 

 

“Hyung... When are we going to have dessert!?” 

 

“Do you think about anything other your stomach, Min-ah?” 

 

Yunho said with a small smile, glancing at his pale guest whom ignored his presence completely. 

 

“You know me!” 

 

Changmin said noticing the tension between the other two. 

 

“Um Changmin-ssi... You are free to share the plate with me... I don’t normally eat that much...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling as he limped to the table where his food was. 

 

“Yes, sure... Hyung? Do you want to join? I haven’t seen you eat...” 

 

Yunho shook his head looking at the limping man’s back as he walked away. 

 

“It’s fine Minnie... make sure he eats well, he’s just taken some painkillers...” 

 

Changmin nodded back before walking away.