We are heading to town

Warm Ice

We are heading to town

 

 

 

Jaejoong woke up late the next morning, his head felt foggy. 

 

He sighed flipping on his side remembering how charming Yunho was yesterday, drinking tea together, talking and laughing until dawn, about a lot of things that they seem to have in common. 

 

“Ugh! Why am I so stupid?!” 

 

The pale man whined loudly remembering that he promised the other to have lunch and spend Christmas day with them at the mansion. 

 

‘Well, no one can say no to that man...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought looking at the big clock to see that it’s almost 11 am, which means he needs to shower and get dressed before the other picks him up. 

 

The moment he moved, he felt his foot throb in pain... hopping to the kitchen, for a couple of painkillers before washing up. 

 

After a quick warm shower, Jaejoong decided to wear the same black pants with a cashmere sweater that would look decent for today’s gathering. 

 

 

 

‘I must be crazy to agree to spend the day at the mansion...’ 

 

He thought, trying to style his soft hair, but it kept falling down his forehead, he hated his soft hair, it was hard to style in anyway. 

 

Giving up, he checked himself in the mirror, he looked decent enough for a Christmas day gathering, his thin eyeliner lessened how puffy his eyes were, smearing some gloss on his lips, his mind swirling about the host of today’s gathering... 

 

‘Yunho is a great man... whomever he chooses is so lucky, that’s for sure’ 

 

‘He is the dream man for many girls and guys...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought feeling his chest tightened. 

 

‘I shouldn’t let this get into my head... I can’t be with him like that... I know I’ll fall for him... and surviving that would kill me...’ 

 

‘Yunho will end up choosing someone else... a hot girl, tall, long legs just like Jessica...’ 

  

‘It would be nice though if he would fall in love with me.’ 

 

A smile graced the pink lips, as he met his own gaze through the mirror. 

 

‘NO!’ 

 

‘Don’t fall for it... You will be hurt thousand times harder!’ 

 

‘He won’t choose you...’ 

 

His heavy eyes closed sighing. 

 

‘All I have to do is enjoy my time this Christmas, and look at Yunho as a friend... yes... I’m going for a Christmas day lunch to spend time with my new friends... Yunho, Changmin, Junsu and his husband... That’s all... and after that I’ll be back to Seoul!’ 

 

Nodding to himself, he got up, limping to bed, after wrapping his injured foot with the bandage, he pulled out some thick socks, wearing a couple over the bandage to keep it warm before wearing a slipper sock over both of his feet. 

 

‘That would do...’ 

 

He said pulling his feet up thinking that they look ok to walk around inside the mansion, and he can wear one boot on his left foot. 

 

The doorbell rang, announcing Yunho’s arrival.   

 

“Coming!” 

 

Jaejoong called, grabbing his heavy woolen sweater. Limping towards the door to open it. 

 

“Good morning, beautiful!” 

 

“G-good morning, Yunho...” 

 

Jaejoong stuttered hearing the other calling him beautiful, knowing his cheeks are blushing. 

 

“Are you ready?” 

 

“Yes... I just need to put my boot on... just a second... please come in...” 

 

Jaejoong stepped back, limping towards a couple of chairs where his boots were. 

 

“Do you need help?” 

 

Yunho asked following him. 

 

“No, thank you... all good!” 

 

Jaejoong said pulling up the zipper of his boot looking up to the other smiling. 

 

“Good then!” 

 

Yunho smiled at the other. 

 

“Let’s go...” 

 

Jaejoong said limping on his left foot towards the door. 

 

“Are you wearing one boot?” 

 

Yunho walked beside him towards the door. 

 

“Yes... My foot hurt badly yesterday... I thought I’d give it a break...” 

 

“That’s a great idea...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded back to the other as they walked out of the cabin. 

 

“You know what that means?” 

 

Yunho asked smiling wide. 

 

“What?” 

 

Jaejoong replied looking back at the other as he locked the cabin door. 

 

“It means that, you can’t walk to the car...” 

 

Yunho said, hauling the other into his arms, surprising him. 

 

“Yaaah!!!” 

 

Jaejoong yelled holding tight to the other’s shoulder in surprise. 

 

“So, I have to carry you...... in my arms...” 

 

Yunho said whispering the last couple of words, meeting the doe eyes smiling at how the other blushed, swallowed hard and looked away nodding. 

 

“Here you go!” 

 

Sitting the paler man in the car, he closed the door, walked around to the driver’s seat, smiling wide to the still blushing man. 

 

“So, you slept well?” 

 

Yunho asked as the car moved. 

 

“I did actually... how about you?” 

 

Jaejoong answered as he started to calm down. 

 

“I barely slept...” 

 

“Why?” 

 

“Well, I kept thinking a lot...” 

 

“About what?” 

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the other, confused. 

 

“What’s obvious?” 

 

“You...” 

 

“Me?” 

 

“I was thinking about you... dummy!” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the other surprised, knowing he was blushing again. 

 

“Aish! Yunho! Please stop...” 

 

“Stop what?” 

 

“Flirting! It’s embarrassing!” 

 

Jaejoong said sharply, looking out of his window trying to hide his blushing cheeks, biting his lip to hide his smile... hearing the other chuckle. 

 

“Alright... I’ll try... but I can’t promise you...” 

 

“Pfft!” 

 

Jaejoong scoffed hearing the other’s lame excuse, noticing that they were not on the road to the mansion. 

 

“Yunho-ah... where are we going? Isn't your house the other way...?” 

 

“You are right... we are heading to town...” 

 

“To town? Why?” 

 

“We agreed to get your foot an x-ray...” 

 

“Oh...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded looking around as a few houses were seen on the long white road. 

 

“If the x-ray is not necessary, I really don’t want to trouble you more than that” 

 

Yunho smiled, glancing quick at the other, before ruffling his hair gently. 

 

“No trouble at all... As your doctor, I should make sure you get this done...” 

 

“You are not my doctor...” 

 

Jaejoong growled at him, combing his messed-up hair with his fingers. 

 

“Whether I am or not, we should get it...” 

 

“I know... Thank you...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling gently looking out of his window as they entered a street full of buildings. 

 

“Welcome to our small town...” 

 

“It’s beautiful...” 

 

Jaejoong said watching the traditional buildings all covered in snow, with Christmas decorations on each one. 

 

“We are here...” 

 

Yunho said parking the car in front of a small building with a large clinic sign on it. 

 

“Please don’t carry me in front of everyone...” 

 

Jaejoong said quickly, when the other opened his door. 

 

“Why not? You will get your foot wet... or fall...” 

 

“Please Yunho...” 

 

Jaejoong said noting a few people looking at their direction, recognizing Yunho. 

 

“Alright, but I’ll help you walk there...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded, getting out of the car on his left foot... keeping his right one up, trying his best to hop on it towards the clinic. 

 

“Careful!” 

 

Yunho called, hugging his torso to his side, keeping him up as his foot slipped on the icy ground. 

 

“Hold onto me...” 

 

Jaejoong couldn’t but obey the other, his arm was up around the broad shoulders, his body leaning on the taller one for support as they walked towards the clinic.