Obnoxious  Again

Warm Ice

Obnoxious  Again

 

 

 

 

Previously:

 

 

“So? You are not afraid of me?” 

 

He asked watching the other’s scoff and glare at him. 

 

“Pfft! Of course, I’m not! why would I?” 

 

“That’s good then... Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?” 

 

Yunho asked with a huge smile making Jaejoong more nervous, he didn’t want to be around this man anymore, but he needs to prove the opposite now. 

 

“Ok...” 

 

“Great... I’ll help you...” 

 

“No need I can manage...” 

 

Jaejoong answered with the same cold tone making the other smile. 

 

“Let’s go...” 

 

Yunho said opening the room door for his guest who skipped on his crutched following Yunho. 

 

**** 

 

Jaejoong entered through a door Yunho held open for him to find himself in a large room full of book shelves, and the front walls of the room are full length windows that showed the white fields of the back yard. 

 

“It’s beautiful...” 

 

He said standing in front of the window smiling at the landscape infront of him. 

 

“I’m glad you like it...” 

 

“I do...alot...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled memorizing the graceful picture in front of him, planning to draw it later and use it for one of his winter holiday card designs. 

 

“I’ll be back...” 

 

Yunho said leaving him alone in the room for a few minutes before he came back with tray holding two cups of coffee and plate full of cookies allowing the chubby Momo, who kept rubbing her body on his leg, to enter the room after him before closing the door. 

 

“Please, have a seat...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded sitting slowly on a chair in front of his host who laid a cup of coffee in front of him with the cookies, which got the doe eyes twinkling upon seeing them. 

 

“Thank you for the coffee... and these...” 

 

Jaejoong said grapping a cookie smiling before taking a big bite of it. 

 

“Oh! It’s delicious!” 

 

Yunho smiled watching how cute the other is, he apparently forgets about his nervousness when sweets are around. 

 

“You can have as much as you want...” 

 

Jaejoong blushed hearing his word, feeling self-conscious again. 

 

“Jaejoong-ah... I’d like you to join us on Christmas, and I really hope you’ll say yes...” 

 

‘Say yes! I can’t stay here... I barely can think straight with him around... I need to end this and go to the cabin... It’s too dangerous...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought trying not to get lost in the other’s hypnotic smile. 

 

“Meow...” 

 

Momo meowed next to Jaejoong’s feet, before jumping suddenly into his lap. 

 

“Omg! You scared me...” 

 

Jaejoong was startled by the cat’s move. 

 

“Momo!..” 

 

Yunho said wanting to shoo the cat off his guest expecting him to get annoyed but the giggles he heard stopped him. 

 

“Momo-aah... You should stop these surprising moves of yours, you want some cookies?” 

 

Jaejoong said giggling watching the cat the cookies in his hand while the furry arms held his arm in place. 

 

“Is she-?” 

 

“No... I like her... she is adorable...” 

 

Jaejoong answered back. 

 

“I’m sorry... I’d like to accept your invite but I can’t...” 

 

He added keeping his eyes on the cat in his lap to avoid looking at the other. 

 

“Why?” 

 

“You’ll have guests coming the day after tomorrow... and I wouldn’t want to impose...” 

 

“I told you, another guest wouldn’t make a difference... on the contrary... It would be merrier...” 

 

“Even though... I don’t think-” 

 

“Your ankle situation is an enough of a reason to stay... You can’t be on your own with such an injury...” 

 

‘He is right...’ 

 

The pale man thought. 

 

“You are wrong... I can manage on my own as long as the cabin is warmed and ventilated now... besides... I’m staying over for a few days only before Sungmin comes...” 

 

Yunho’s face darkened at the mention of Sungmin. 

 

“So... there is no way I can change your mind?” 

 

“Unfortunately, no... I came here seeking some time for myself... so please allow me to go to the cabin... you’ve done more than enough and I can never repay your kindness”. 

 

“Alright....” 

 

Yunho said with a long sigh looking out the window while sipping from his hot coffee, Jaejoong’s eyes followed his watching the trees covered in snow. 

 

“It’s beautiful...” 

 

“Right?” 

 

Yunho smiled still looking outside. 

 

“So you’ve been living here for two years now? This place is a bit isolated and hidden from the outside world...” 

 

“Yes... That’s what made me chose it... Shindong is a friend of mine, I visited him many times... and when he said he was selling the house I immediately offered to buy it and it was done in a couple of days... He was relieved that his house was sold to someone he trusts, and his only condition was to take care of Mrs. Lee... and I knew why the minute I met her... What a lovely warm lady...” 

 

“Um... I’m sure Sungmin’s family didn’t mean to-” 

 

“Save it...” 

 

Jaejoong eyes widened as the rude man from the first encounter is back, he glared at him angrily. 

 

“Sorry...” 

 

Yunho said not looking at the now surprised pale man, still staring out the window. 

 

“You didn’t see how sad she was hoping any of them would visit or call... I can never forget her misty eyes in which she tried to hide her longing for her family...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded understanding where the other’s hatred came from... he would probably be as mad if he knew Mrs. Lee. 

 

The rest of the conversation went smoothly as they talked about Mrs. Lee stories which Jaejoong listened with an admiring smile. 

 

“Thank you for the coffee... um...” 

 

Jaejoong said standing up shakily. 

  

“Yunho..” 

 

Yunho stood up ready to catch the other if he is to lose his balance. 

 

“Huh?” 

 

Jaejoong looked at him confused. 

 

“My name is Yunho... you’ve been avoiding calling me with my name since morning... isn’t it?” 

 

‘Oh I want to call you many names! Starting with Jerk!’ 

 

Jaejoong thought pissed off by the other’s words... He was indeed avoiding using the other’s name, that’s true... because he wanted to create a boundry between them... and calling each other’s first name so casually like they have some sort of a relation, even if it’s just friendship, it didn’t set well with him... because he needs to keep a distance from this man... a physical, mental and emotional distance... 

 

“Of course, I’m not...” 

  

Jaejoong answered with the cold tone again, watching the other step towards him leaning until his face is a few inches from his face making him blush. 

 

“You are lying... You said ‘Of course, I’m not’ twice today and in both times, you were lying...” 

 

Yunho said in a playful whisper watching how the doe eyes got cold and his face showed anger. 

 

“How dare you! You don’t have the right to talk to me like that!” 

 

“Rights are taken not given... were you always arguing like than with your ex? Is that why he left?” 

 

Yunho said smirking watching the other’s face fill with rage, yet his voice was as cold as ice when he said: 

 

“I can’t believe I’m hearing this... You are very obnoxious and inconsiderate....” 

 

“You know, this wouldn’t work well with a real man, my little warrior...” 

 

Jaejoong was enraged feeling the other mock him. 

 

“And you consider yourself one?” 

 

He asked sharply. 

 

“ooh Yes”. 

 

Jaejoong glared back at him not noticing how close their faces were. 

 

“What you need is a real man Jaejoong... Fire should be met with fire... so it won’t die and turn to ashes, or else, burn itself down...” 

 

“Consider yourself lucky that I owe you alot...” 

 

Jaejoong said in a low angry tone as he kept glaring at the other wanting nothing but to punch that smirk of his face... he held his crutches tight and turned towards the door. 

 

“Ajushi will come to get your luggage from your room...” 

 

Yunho said casually watching as the other reached the door. 

 

“Thank you...” 

 

Jaejoong replied dryly closing the door behind him. 

 

‘Jerk!’ 

 

He skipped back to the room he stayed in, to wait for Ajushi to give him a ride. 

 

He packed his bag with trembling hands still upset with what’s said, he tried to calm his nerves knowing he shouldn't lose it and let the otehr win... Wearing his jacket to wait for Ajushi.