Chocolate Monster

Warm Ice

 

 

Chocolate Monster

 

 

 

Previously:

 

“There you go...” 

 

Yunho said letting the other stand on his feet gently in front of the cabin door. 

 

“Th-th-thank you...” 

 

Jaejoong said shivering, his hands trembling as he tried to fit the key in the door keyhole a couple of times before her succeeded. 

 

When the door opened, Yunho turned around and started walking away to his car. 

 

************ 

 

‘I can’t let him go like that! I have to fix this!’ 

 

Jaejoong head was racing before he knew it, he was calling the other. 

 

“YUNHO!” 

 

“Yes?” 

 

The other stopped but he kept his back to him. 

 

“If I misunderstood, I’m so sorry... The way they talked made it seem like... like... God! I’m sorry...” 

 

“You believed what you wanted to believe, Jaejoong...” 

 

‘He is right’ 

 

Those words hit him hard, from the moment his eyes fell on the other, he panicked, he couldn’t control his emotions and felt the need to protect himself from this man. 

 

Hearing nothing from the other, Yunho turned around smiling bitterly. 

 

“Don’t worry... I will leave you alone... I won’t bother you again... you can have the quiet Christmas you wanted...” 

 

Turning around again, Jaejoong felt the need to stop him. 

 

“Yunho!... wait!” 

 

“What?” 

 

“Just...” 

 

Jaejoong didn’t know what to say... the only thing was on his mind is... 

 

“Who is Jessica?” 

 

He asked boldly, he needed to know... expecting the other to ignore him and just walk away, but after a few moments, Yunho spoke. 

 

“Jessica was my fiancé... you may have heard of her... Jessica Jung...” 

 

‘J-J-Jessica Jung!! Of course, I’ve heard of her! The famous singer and model, she is gorgeous!’ 

 

 Image result for jessica jung dress

 

“We were together for a few years, but we separated a couple of weeks before our wedding... everyone was expecting a fairytale wedding... They kept talking about our breakup for months... I thought it’s over but I guess others are still curious...” 

 

Yunho met his eyes, a sad faint smile on his lips. 

 

“Everyone was disappointed that the wedding was called off... Jessica and I kept it to each other... we never talked about it... we didn’t feel the need to explain why we called it off... it’s no one’s business... now, we are still friends... that’s all” 

 

Jaejoong didn’t know what to say, but figured that there is no need to, as Yunho just turned and walked to his car, driving away... the brown eyes kept following the shadow of the leaving car until it disappeared. 

 

‘I should get inside...’ 

 

That the only thought in his head after standing for a while still at the door waiting for any sign that the other might come back... entering the cabin, Jaejoong took his boots off, before limping towards the fireplace, feeding the fire before sitting on the ground in front of it.  

 

‘Jung Jessica!!’ 

 

Jaejoong thought. 

  

‘Jessica...’ 

‘Ugh! she is tall and pretty... I saw her on many magazine covers...’ 

‘No wonder Heechul and Taemin said that... they knew that it’s hard to compete with her...’ 

‘Why did they broke up? did she leave Yunho? For her career? For another man?’ 

‘Regardless why, it didn’t make Yunho hate her...’ 

‘Does he still love her?’ 

‘He said they are still friends... it doesn’t mean that he doesn’t wish for more...’ 

‘God, but he said that they are just friends...’ 

 

Burying his face in his arm, pulling his knees to his chest, Jaejoong felt his tears fall as Yunho’s husky voice replayed in his head. 

  

‘Call me Yunho... please, you have a beautiful smile, Don’t hide it...’ 

‘I’ve never seen a guy this beautiful in my life...’ 

‘There isn’t any young and beautiful 27-year-old man would like to spend his Christmas on his own’ 

‘You are amazing... Jaejoong-ah...’ 

‘I wanted to hug you the minute you opened the cabin door...’ 

 

Jaejoong felt his body shivering, remembering the warmth of the other’s hug... feeding the fire another couple of wood chops, but it didn’t help the coldness he was feeling was coming from inside. 

 

‘I feel so bad...’ 

‘What have I done?’ 

‘He meant what he said? Right?’ 

‘Why did I doubt him?’ 

‘It’s not how I normally react, I wouldn’t normally jump to conclusions...’ 

‘The Heck! I’m the exact opposite! I kept giving excuses to Hyunjoong, I was so forgiving that I didn’t see his betrayal... but with Yunho...’ 

‘Yunho is different... he has a massive effect on me... his tone, his eyes, his smile... his perfume’ 

‘His arms... his hugs...’ 

‘God! I hate this... I wish I’ve never come here, I wish I haven’t met Yunho...’ 

 

Jaejoong felt the room heavier, his tears fell again, regretting this vacation. 

 

*********** 

 

Yunho entered the mansion feeling a horrible headache, walking to the kitchen for a glass of water and a painkiller. 

 

“Oh!” 

 

He was startled seeing a shadow hunched in front of the fridge, barely illuminated by the tiny fridge light, his hand quickly reaching to switch the lights on.  

 

“Junsu?” 

 

“hm! Yunho Hyung!... you are back!” 

 

Yunho smiled at his guest whom had a plate of chocolate cake and a fork in his hand, his mouth was smeared with some chocolate. 

 

“Yeah... are you hungry?” 

 

He asked walking in, pouring some water for himself. 

 

“This baby is turning me into one of the seven deadly sin... gluttony!” 

 

Junsu said hearing the other laughing at his remark. 

 

“You know that it’s normal... you are eating for two now, your hormones are in chaos so it’s ok to have craving...” 

 

Yunho said seeing the other puff his cheeks looking at his cake with his puppy eyes. 

 

“I know...” 

 

“Come on cheer up! What are you craving now? Chocolate?” 

 

Junsu nodded looking up at him with a sweet smile. 

 

“I’m craving mango too...” 

 

“That would be hard to get now...” 

 

Yunho looked apologetic to his guest whom just looked sad. 

 

“But, I have mango flavored tea, would you like some with the chocolate cake?” 

 

The other’s eyes sparkled nodding happily. 

 

“Sit down... I’ll make us some...” 

 

“Thank you Hyung!” 

 

Yunho smiled at the other. 

 

“Did you make up with Jaejoong?” 

 

Junsu’s question surprised him. 

 

“Um, made up?” 

 

“You know, I felt the tension between the two of you late in the party... I also saw you talking in the car, before you drove him to his cabin...” 

 

“I... I don’t think so...” 

 

Yunho sighed focusing on pouring their tea into two cups before walking back to the table sitting with the cups next to Junsu. 

 

“You like Jaejoong... I can see it... am I right?” 

 

Yunho looked up meeting his eyes before he just nodded and looked back at his steaming tea. 

 

“What happened? if I may ask...” 

 

Yunho told Junsu the story of how he met Jaejoong and what happened in the party... 

 

“Wow...” 

 

Junsu said holding his warm cup, the cake forgotten. 

 

“What do you think?” 

 

Yunho asked taking a sip of his tea. 

 

“I think that you should talk to him... his reaction is understandable... his fiancé had left him with a woman before their wedding few weeks ago, his self-confidence may still be shaken up... and hearing some talks about the first man showing interest in him, whom he met just a few days ago ... If I were in his shoes 

I wouldn’t be showing much trust either ...” 

 

Yunho nodded at the other. 

 

“You are right...” 

 

“Jaejoong is a good guy... I hope things would work out...” 

 

Junsu said at the other with a gentle smile. 

 

“Thanks” 

 

Getting a smile in return from his host before someone walked into the kitchen. 

 

“Baby... why aren’t you in bed...” 

 

Yoochun said sleepily, yawning as he walked to his wife whom pouted cutely rubbing his stomach. 

 

“Baby wanted chocolate cake...” 

 

Yunho smiled at the other’s cuteness seeing Yoochun coo at his wife. 

 

“Thanks Yunho for feeding my beautiful chocolate monster...” 

 

Yoochun said as he led his wife with him. 

 

“Hey! I’m not a monster...” 

 

Junsu slapped his arm pouting. 

 

“You are my little monster, the most beautiful monster I’ve ever seen...” 

 

Yunho chuckled watching the blushing Junsu, slapping his husband again as they wished him good night... 

 

‘Junsu is right... I need to talk to him...’