You are not afraid of me?

Warm Ice

 

 

You are not afraid of me?

 

 

 

Previously:

 

 

“Such a sweet kitty... why do they call you naughty? Huh? So- Ouch!” 

 

Jaejoong cooed before he was surprised by the cat’s attack to his hand, she kept biting, snuggling and scratching his hand like crazy but yet she didn’t really hurt him. 

 

“Oh... never mind... you just answered me...” 

 

Jaejoong giggled watching the cat playfully attack and wiggle with his fingers making him smile. 

 

“You are adorable...” 

 

“Meow...” 

 

Momo snuggled to his palm like she was asking to be patted and she sure got what she wanted, purring happily, lying next to the pillow closing her eyes in content. 

 

“Cute...” 

 

Jaejoong whispered before his eyes drooped slowly falling asleep. 

 

******* 

 

Jaejoong woke up the next morning feeling his ankle throb. 

 

“God... The pain... I wouldn’t have survived the night without the pills...” 

 

He moaned in pain as he stood up, jumping on his good foot towards the bathroom, feeling that the crutches wouldn’t be handy in there. 

 

“Omg... I look like ...” 

 

He exclaimed looking at himself in the mirror, his face is pale probably due to the pain he is in now and his eyes were a bit puffy. 

 

After washing up, he jumped back to his room looking around 

 

“Oh... My bag! Ajiushi must have brought it last night, when he got Coco here...” 

 

He tried to open it looking for a comfy outfit that wouldn’t be tight for his ankle. 

 

“Got it...” 

 

He said pulling up a baggy dark pants which would be easier to put on and a black and blue soft sweater.  

 

 

c7be4a544bf8aae505f8a4952f3b4f1c--jaejoong-airports.jpg

 

“Oh you’re awake?!” 

 

Jiyeon entered the room after she softly knocked on the door. 

 

“I thought you would be asleep, when I hurt my knee, I was out until noon after those pills...” 

 

She said cheerfully noting the pale face. 

 

“How are you feeling today?” 

 

“Not bad...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at her though she could tell that he isn’t feeling well. 

 

“Well, I made you a grand breakfast, I also have the painkillers, Doctor’s orders...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded knowing he needed those pills. 

 

“Come sit and eat while I get the bathroom ready for you... and you... Out of the room, let him have his breakfast in peace... I’m sure a warm bath would make your foot better... I'll have it ready by the time you finish eating...” 

 

Jiyeon said scolding Momo, chasing him out of the room, before heading to the bathroom. 

 

“There is no need to trouble yourself... I can take care of it... please...” 

 

Jaejoong said jumping on his healthy foot going after her. 

 

“Don’t worry about it... go eat so you can take the pills... You look like you need them dear...” 

 

“But...” 

 

“No buts... go and let me do my job... go... gooo!” 

 

She smiled widely at him, making him sigh. 

 

****** 

 

Putting the outfit on was difficult, he bit his lip in pain when he had to push his still swollen ankle through to pants slowly. 

 

“Done...” 

 

He sighed smiling... Jiyeon was right, breakfast, a warm bath and painkillers did lessen his pain... He stared at his face in the mirror, at least he is not as pale as he looked this morning, the warm bath brought some color to his cheeks. 

 

A knock on the door was heard. 

 

“Come in...” 

 

“Good morning” 

 

Yunho entered with a bright smile, making the other’s heart beats go up. 

 

“G-good morning...” 

 

“How are you feeling today?” 

 

“Much better, thank you... I’m glad I listened to you, the pills helped a lot...” 

 

“See, You got to listen to your doctor...” 

 

Yunho said chuckling a bit giving the other a wink which made him blush. 

 

“Let me wrap up your leg again... can you pull yourself up into the bed...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded following his words, grimacing when he moved his ankle. 

 

“It’s ok, your ankle will hurt when you move it, but it will be better in a few days..." 

 

Yunho said sitting on the bed next to his guest’s feet putting the bandages next to him, before slowly and carefully grabbing the injured foot lying it on his lap as gentle as he could. 

  

“All done...” 

 

“Thank you...” 

 

Jaejoong whispered feeling his heart still pounding as he watched how soft and gentle the other was bandaging his foot. 

 

“You are welcome...” 

 

‘God!... Why do I feel like this... Jaejoong get a grip of yourself...! Stop beating like crazy, you stupid heart...’ 

 

Jaejoong scolded himself feeling ashamed of how his body is reacting. 

 

“I’m really thankful for what you did to me, it was generous, you are a kind man...” 

 

“Don’t mention it...” 

 

Yunho said standing up after slowly resting the ankle on the bed. 

 

“I...” 

 

“You...?” 

 

Yunho said leaning a little towards the pale man with a smirk watching the other’s nervous moves. 

 

“I really don’t want to impose any longer, it would be great if Ajushi could give me a ride to the cabin...” 

 

“It would be arranged, don’t worry about it...” 

 

Yunho said still leaning making the other look away and blush. 

 

“Th-tha-thank you...” 

 

Jaejoong said stuttering still avoiding the other’s eyes making the smirk bigger. 

 

“I know our first encounter wasn’t that good, but I don’t bite you know...” 

 

“W-what?!” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the other in surprise making him laugh. 

 

‘What a laugh he got...’ 

 

Jaejoong looked away feeling his heart pound hard more hearing the resonant laugh of his host. 

 

“I don’t get what you mean...” 

 

He said avoiding the other whose eyes were smiling watching him. 

 

“Every time you look at me, you get nervous like a cat that about to fall in water... and I’m sure your foot is not much better, and you were in a lot of pain...” 

 

“You are wrong... I do feel better; the painkillers did help a lot... I-” 

 

“Jaejoong...” 

 

Yunho’s serious voice interrupted his ranting. 

 

“Even if you are not Halmoni’s grandson, you are still more than welcome to stay here... there is no need to run and hide like a little scared mouse...” 

 

‘Little scared mouse?!!’ 

 

His words did surprise Jaejoong, his expression was beyond angry and his face blushed deeper, he never liked nor accepted to be looked down at, and being a lonely child, he learned to step up for himself. 

 

 

“Excuse me Yunho-ssi, I thought you are a neurosurgeon not a psychiatrist... if you have a hobby of analyzing other's behaviors, then please keep it to yourself”. 

 

Jaejoong replied in a cold tone and a glare, and even though Yunho didn’t like the tone he found it the other adorable it made him chuckle. 

 

“So? You are not afraid of me?” 

 

He asked watching the other’s scoff and glare at him. 

 

“Pfft! Of course, I’m not! why would I?” 

 

“That’s good then... Would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?” 

 

Yunho asked with a huge smile making Jaejoong more nervous, he didn’t want to be around this man anymore, but he needs to prove the opposite now. 

 

“Ok...” 

 

“Great... I’ll help you...” 

 

“No need I can manage...” 

 

Jaejoong answered with the same cold tone making the other smile. 

 

“Let’s go...” 

 

Yunho said opening the room door for his guest who skipped on his crutches following Yunho.