Party at the Jung

Warm Ice

 

 

 

 

 

 


Party at the Jung

 

 

 

Jaejoong was fully dressed when he heard the door bell, he looked at himself in the mirror for the last time, turning around in his outfit making sure he is ready, before looking up checking his face, blinking a few times making sure his eyeliner was symmetrical,  placing two diomond studs in his ears before smoothing down his hair which was too silky to hold up in any hairstyle. 

 

The doorbell rang again waking him up from his thoughts, skipping on his good foot wearing the boots Yunho gave him, reaching the door to open it. 

 

“Hey...” 

 

“Hey...” 

 

Jaejoong greeted his tall handsome visitor, who looked like a model in a well fitted black suit and a silky gray shirt matching the sweater, he knitted.  

 

“Took you long enough to open the door, I was starting to get worried...” 

 

Yunho smiled looking at the shorter man lazily, his eyes scanning him from head to toe with admiration, that sent a blush on the pale cheeks. 

 

“I’m sorry, I was putting the boots on...” 

 

“Oh, so your foot must be better, if you could fit it in the boot...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded and smiled at the taller man gently, trying to look calm though his heart was flipping in his chest under the other gaze. 

 

“By the way... You look... Fabulous...” 

 

Jaejoong lower his face trying to hide his blushing face, biting his lower lip in embarrassment, yet feeling proud as he did work hard on the sweater. 

 

“Thank you Y-Yunho... You look great too...” 

 

Yunho smiled as his eyes watching the blushing man in front of him. 

 

“So, are we ready to go?” 

  

“One minute...” 

 

Jaejoong said while pulling back a few steps before lifting a huge tray covered in a paper bag, giving it to Yunho who looked confused. 

 

“What’s that?” 

 

“I baked some Christmas cookies...” 

 

“You shouldn’t have to, Jaejoong-ah... and you know that” 

 

“I know... but I’m happy I made them... feeling the joyful spirit of the holiday...” 

 

The paler man answered grabbing 2 other paper bags before looking up at Yunho with a big smile. 

 

“If that’s the case, Then I’m glad you made them...” 

 

“Are you ready?” 

 

“Yes, I just need to grab my coat...” 

 

Jaejoong said walking back into the bedroom mainly on his left foot... He didn’t have any fancy coats that matched the occasion, so he decided to skip them wearing a heavy woolen black cardigan he got with him in case he got cold... going out without a coat was crazy, but he has to look good that what he was telling himself. 

 

He wore it, walking back to the with the gift bags in his hand to see Yunho shoveling the snow out of the cabin entrance. 

 

“You didn’t have to... Thank you...”  

 

Jaejoong said smiling to the other who smiled back waiting for him to close the cabin door before heading towards the car. 

  

****** 

 

It’s an hour already and Jaejoong had to admit that the party was fun, he was introduced to a group of Yunho's friends whom they were so nice and jolly, and of course his host kept checking on him every now and then. 

 

“Thank you, Dear... All is set, just go and enjoy the party...” 

 

Jiyeon said to Jaejoong who kept appearing at the kitchen to ask if she needs help, especially when he didn’t find anyone to talk to. 

 

Walking slowly towards the big hall where everyone was, Jaejoong stood there looking around, his eyes admiring the Christmas decorations that filled the big room... from the golden-red ribbons that hanged around to the huge decorated Christmas tree at the corner that matched the red and golden theme, with red candles scattered around the hall adding sparkle to the already well-lit room.   

 

“Excuse me...” 

 

Jaejoong looked aside to see a handsome man in a dark blue suit smiling at him. 

 

“Yes?” 

 

“I’m Choi Siwon... I’m a friend of Yunho... and you are?” 

 

Jaejoong smiled back at the gentleman. 

 

“I’m Kim Jaejoong... nice to meet you Siwon-ssi...” 

 

“The pleasure is mine, Jaejoong-ssi... allow me this dance?” 

 

Jaejoong blushed at the other’s charming smile before bowing his head in apology. 

 

“I’d love to Siwon-ssi... but I can’t dance... I’m sorry...” 

 

“Why?” 

 

Siwon asked confused. 

 

“I...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at him seeing the other feel rejected. 

 

“I injured my ankle a few days ago...” 

 

“Oh!” 

 

Siwon looked at him intently. 

 

“I could barely walk without the crutches today, but I don’t think it’s good enough to dance though...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled meeting the other’s unblinking eyes. 

 

“It must be you then...” 

 

Siwon said with a big smile. 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“You are Yunho’s new friend, whom he helped through the storm...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the other with wide eyes. 

 

‘Yunho, told talked about me? To him? Why?’ 

 

“Yes... It’s me... I didn’t know, he told anyone about what happened...” 

 

Jaejoong said nervously, he didn’t know how to react to this. 

 

“No, no... don’t get me wrong... I’m an orthopedic... I’ve known Yunho since we were in college... and he told me about what happened and asked me if I can check your leg later...” 

 

“Oh...” 

 

Jaejoong blushed thinking about Yunho’s concern for him, though it’s obvious his foot is healing. 

 

“I didn’t know, I’d be asking my injured patient to dance...” 

 

Siwon smiled widely gaining a chuckle from him. 

 

“Yeah... It’s really nice to meet you Siwon-ssi... and I’m sorry for the trouble... my foot is getting better and I don’t want to bother you...” 

 

“I’d love to help... I’ll check it after the party, and it’s no trouble at all...” 

 

Siwon said getting a shy nod in return. 

 

“Thank you...” 

  

“Anytime, Jaejoong-ssi... Can I get you anything to drink then?” 

 

“No need, Siwon-ah...” 

 

Yunho’s voice appeared behind them, Jaejoong heart jumped feeling the warm hand on his back sending shivers down his spine. 

 

“Oh, Yunho-ah... I’ve just met Jaejoong-ssi... if you’ve said how beautiful Jaejoong-ssi is from the start, I would have suggested examining his leg right away...” 

 

Siwon said with a wink making Jaejoong blush, as Yunho handed him a glass of juice, knowing he can’t consume alcohol while on painkillers. 

 

“Oh yeah, speaking of beautiful... Heechul-ah has just arrived...” 

 

Yunho said with a smirk. 

 

“Where?” 

 

 Siwon asked looking around fervently. 

 

“There...” 

 

Yunho pointed to his left where the tree was and Siwon’s eyes sparkled. 

 

“It was a pleasure meeting you Jaejoong-ssi... Will you excuse me?” 

 

Siwon said, his eyes fixed where Yunho pointed. 

 

“What’s up with him?” 

 

Jaejoong asked his eyes following Siwon. 

 

“You see that man with the long red hair?” 

 

Yunho said pointing at where Siwon was heading to see two beautiful men were standing next to the Christmas tree talking happily, the one mentioned caught Jaejoong’s eyes immediately.  

 

“Woah... He is beautiful!” 

 

Jaejoong said. 

 

  Image result for heechul red hair

 

“His name is Kim Heechul, a close friend of mine actually, he is a great nurse... compassionate and very hard working... but with a sharp personality of course...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the taller man, noticing the care that was clear for the mentioned man in Yunho’s eyes, making his heart constrict. 

 

“Siwon is madly in love with Heechul since years... but Heechul has high standards that are hard to meet...” 

 

Yunho said smiling, making the other look back at the mentioned couple, noting the displeased face of Heechul as Siwon was talking to him smiling widely. 

 

“Poor Siwon-ssi...“ 

 

Jaejoong mumbled before he and Yunho see Heechul palming Siwon’s face pushing it aside from him before walking away looking annoyed but surely followed by the smiling Siwon still, making both of them chuckle. 

 

“Heechul loves Siwon...” 

 

Yunho said. 

 

“He does?... but why is he pushing him away?” 

 

Jaejoong asked looking back at Yunho whom was still following the other two with his eyes. 

 

“Yes... you see, Heechul is a pretty sensitive guy and with how friendly and flirty Siwon can be, though he means no harm, but it makes it hard for Heechul to trust him or give him a chance...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded, yet his eyes not leaving the sharp face. 

 

“They need to sit and talk, heart to heart...”  
 

 

Yunho agreed with him before looking back meeting his eyes.  
 

 

“You are absolutely right...”  
 

 

Jaejoong blushed seeing the other’s gentle smile.