He Is An Idiot, Trust Me

Warm Ice

 

 

He Is An Idiot, Trust Me

 

 

Previously:

 

“I admit Yunho-ssi that you are a good neighbor and a good man, after all you saved me and took care of me and for that I am eternally grateful but that doesn’t mean I can accept such insulting accusation!”  

  

Jaejoong looked away from the sharp eyes trying to control his anger. 

 

“Well... I admit that’s it is partially my fault... and I deserve this... I just felt decieved and I don’t like that... anyways... You still haven’t told me you name yet...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the other ‘who sat on the chair next to him’ surprised by the change into the gentle friendly tone. 

 

“I...I’m... Jaejoong... Kim Jaejoong...”  

 

***************** 

 

“Kim Jaejoong... that’s a nice name you got there...” 

 

Jaejoong blushed at the silly compliment, as they kept their eyes contact. 

 

“And why were you heading to the Lee cabin?” 

 

“Sungmin and I work together...and...” 

 

“What do you do?” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“Where do you work together? Your job?” 

 

“Well, I’m an artist and a designer in a small company where they make posters, cards … etc... and Sungmin is the secretary in this business.” 

 

“Do you like your work?” 

 

“Huh? Yes, I love my job...” 

 

Jaejoong couldn’t understand the other’s love for details, He felt awkward. 

 

“So? Did Lee Sungmin promise you a great vacation in the cabin?” 

 

“Um... He tried to change my mind actually... But I loved the cabin after hearing so many stories about it and about his grandmother... He wasn’t a big fan of his grandmother, I agree with you, but she sounded lovely to me... so I asked to borrow the cabin for the holiday...” 

 

Jaejoong talked with a sweet smile looking at his lap remembering what Sungmin used to say about his grandmother. 

 

 “Why?” 

 

“Huh? Why what?” 

 

“Why would a beautiful young man spend his holiday alone in an isolated cabin...?” 

 

Jaejoong blushed hard hearing Yunho call him beautiful. 

 

“I... um... for personal reasons...” 

 

Jaejoong answered hoping the other wouldn’t ask more. 

 

“Ooh...” 

 

“Huh? What do you mean by ‘Ooh’?!” 

 

Jaejoong asked watching the other smile slyly at him. 

 

“This ‘Ooh’ meant that you are running away from someone... And I assume it’s a man...” 

 

“What? That is not true!” 

 

Jaejoong answered sharply startled by the other’s bold talk. 

 

“No?” 

 

“No!” 

 

“There must be a guy behind your desire to isolate yourself on a holiday...” 

 

Yunho said confidently standing up, walking back to the couch he was sitting on before, watching the other’s fuming red face, glaring at him... They held gaze before Yunho chuckled shaking his head smiling. 

 

“Your face is telling everything... I should have known from the start that you are not Lee Sungmin...” 

 

“And how would you know that?” 

 

Jaejoong asked still glaring at the other. 

 

“Ajushi told me that the Lee family are cold and distant when you interact with them... but you...” 

 

Yunho said looking at the other with a smirk. 

 

“I’m what?” 

 

Jaejoong said annoyed by the other’s smirk. 

 

“You are a raging fire...” 

 

Yunho said in a low tone locking his eyes with the big doey ones. 

 

‘WHat did he just say? Is he flirting with me? Is he?… Nooo why would he do that? Are all doctors like him... damn, that smirk, those lips are driving me crazy...’ 

 

“So...” 

 

Jaejoong looked away for a bit. 

 

“S-so?” 

 

“Who is that man? does he still mean anything to you?” 

 

“I didn’t say there was one...” 

 

“But you didn’t deny it either which makes it more likely...” 

 

‘What’s wrong with this man...’ 

 

“Ugh, He is my fiancé, WAS my fiancé... we were supposed to be in our honey moon now... and he went on the honey moon with his affair... Happy?” 

 

His words apparently surprised his host, whose face turned serious setting up straight leaning forward with his elbows on his knees, looking deeply into the big eyes.   

 

“I’m sorry... he must be a huge idiot... but I guess you already know that...” 

 

Jaejoong felt his heart sink... a lot of his friends talked to him encouragingly after he threw his engagement ring in Hyunjoong’s face, but none of them made him feel this way. 

 

“I...” 

 

Jaejoong took a deep breath leaning into the couch back closing his eyes tiredly. 

 

“It wasn’t a one-time thing...” 

 

Yunho kept silent giving the other some space. 

 

“Alot of our common friends warned me about him, a lot of them told me about his betrayal... but I was stupid enough to put my full trust in him...” 

 

Jaejoong sighed, he didn’t like to talk about his situation especially to a stranger, but something inside him is telling him to trust this man... 

 

“We’ve been together for more than 3 years... I never doubted him... What does that make me?” 

 

Jaejoong opened his eyes smiling sadly, meeting the now soft almond eyes. 

 

“It makes you lucky...” 

 

The answer surprised him. 

 

“Yes, lucky... you are lucky you didn’t marry such a man... marrying him would cost you years of your life hoping for him to change and grow up, which I’m sure you know will never happen.... so let that , who he chose, take care of him and baby sit him... so you get to live your life the way you like and deserve...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the other surprised. 

 

‘He is right... he was a child... I’m lucky I don’t need to babysit him anymore, taking the decisions in our lives for us... and what’s funny is that this stranger who I just met today knew exactly what type of Hyunjoong is...’ 

 

“How... did you know?” 

 

“How did I know about what kind of a man your ex-fiancé is?” 

 

Jaejoong nodded meeting the other’s smiling eyes. 

 

“Well, he sounded like an immature from the way you talked about him, not to mention that no one in their right mind would leave a person like you...” 

 

“Eh?” 

 

‘Did he just say that?’ 

 

Jaejoong thought as eyes widened and his face flushed making the other chuckle. 

 

“I’m serious Jaejoong... is it ok if I call you Jaejoong?” 

 

Jaejoong nodded still in daze by the other’s words. 

 

“Look, you seem like a really nice and decent person that we were both unfortunate to have a misunderstanding upon meeting... but I can tell that you are loyal and warm hearted which is something that idiot of a man had lost...you can trust me on it...” 

 

Jaejoong giggled hearing his words, hiding his smile behind his hand. 

 

“Thank you Yunho-ssi... Your words made me feel a little better about it...” 

 

‘Waaah... What a smile you got there, Jaejoong...’ 

 

Yunho thought feeling that he needs to see this smile everyday. 

 

“Call me Yunho not Yunho-ssi... and please, you have a beautiful

smile, Don’t hide it...” 

 

Yunho said feeling his heart beat fast seeing the other blush and look away. 

 

‘Omg... why does he say such things; my heart is going crazy...’  

 

Jaejoong thought embarrassed. 

 

“I think you are about to tell me to mind my own business, right?” 

 

Yunho said with a shy chuckle. 

 

“Huh? No, not at all” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling gently to him knowing he is still blushing. 

 

A faint knock was heard before the door was opened and Jiyeon entered with two crutches. 

 

“Oh, you’re awake? How are you feeling now?” 

 

She asked gently with a smile. 

 

“I’m better Ajumeoni, thank you so much...” 

 

“Anytime dear...” 

 

Jiyeon laid the crutches next to Jaejoong before turning to Yunho saying: 

 

“Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes... I’ll call you when it’s done...” 

 

Yunho nodded to her with a grateful smile watching her close the door behind her leaving the room in awkward silence. 

 

“Her name is Hyori...” 

 

Jaejoong said breaking the silence. 

 

“Hm?” 

 

Yunho looked at him with raised eyebrows questioning.  

 

“The baby sitter... Her name is Hyori...” 

 

“Oh...” 

 

Yunho chuckled at the other’s words making him smile. 

 

“I was told that she is tall, blonde, blue eyes... and that she is a model...” 

 

“From those common friends again, ha?” 

 

“Yup” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled but it sounded sad. 

 

“I think making new friends would do you some good...” 

 

“Yeah... I was thinking the same...” 

 

He needs not only new friends, but a step in his career as he kept postponing to go on his free type of work for a while, Leeyeuk encouraged him to do it saying he got potential and a good reputation in the market but Hyunjoong wasn’t a fan of this idea saying it’s reckless.... and now is the time to do what he wanted to do... and he will... 

 

Jaejoong closed his fist smiling faintly, forgetting for a minute that the other was still in the room. 

 

“Do it...” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“Whatever got you smiling and looking determined... go for it...” 

 

“I will...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at the other, Yunho was a gentleman... He was decent, warm hearted and a good listener... He gave him that. 

 

Jiyeon knock was heard before she opened the door telling them that dinner is ready. 

*************