A Ride to The Cabin

Warm Ice

A Ride to The Cabin

 

 

 

Previously:

 

“Don’t make me force you into the car...” 

 

Jaejoong stopped turning his head, looking at him in disgust, surprising the other when he saw the tear smeared face. 

 

“You think you can do that?!” 

 

Jaejoong yelled back yet his voice was cracking as his shoulders shock hard from the wind. 

 

“Oooh Yes I can.” 

  

Jaejoong rolled his eyes and kept walking, his anger giving him some energy to continue. 

 

‘If he laid one finger on me to get me into the car. I’ll kick him hard’ 

 

*************** 

 

“Your Halmoni was a special lady...” 

 

Yunho’s soft voice startled Jaejoong. 

 

“That’s why I’d never let her only grandson freeze to death... even if that’s what you deserve...” 

 

“How Dare You!!!” 

 

Jaejoong stopped and turned to the other with fury... he had enough of this hate... he wasn’t Sungmin and he was exhausted and in pain that he can feel his head spin. 

 

Yunho looked observing the pale man, he picked up how the other was barely stable on his feet as his body trembled hard... in one move he was out of the car walked towards the other who held the mirror of the car next to him supporting himself. 

 

“What the hell!? Let go of me!! What are you doing?” 

 

Jaejoong yelled freaking out feeling his body swooped off the ground into the other’s arms like he doesn’t weigh a thing. 

 

“Stop it! Calm down!” 

 

Yunho said sharply trying to open the passenger’s door with difficulty as the other was hitting him. 

 

As soon as Jaejoong was placed on the car seat, he pulled himself up to get out but when he put some pressure on his ankle, he shrieked in pain and fell back into the seat. 

 

Seeing that, Yunho clenched his teeth, closing the passenger door, locking it before saying: 

 

"Listen Sungmin-ssi... I have a rope in the back of my car and I won;t hesitate to tie youup if you keep acting like this, I’ll drive you up to the cabin because that’s the right thing to do, then I’ll be happy to get rid of you...”

 

“” 

 

Jaejoong glared at the other still in pain, as he watched him turn , around the car before getting into the driver’s seat... closing the .windows, leveling up the heater directing it towards Jaejoong 

 

He watched the other barely able to hold his groans as his ankle’s pain is way worse now. 

Glancing at the man driving the car, he was wearing a white sweater, contrasting his tanned skin, his black short hair was ruffled due to the harsh wind outside but still looked very good... Jaejoong got to admit that this man is really handsome and taller than him though he wasn’t short himself. 

 

“Have you prepared for your visit to the cabin?” 

 

Yunho suddenly asked feeling the other’s eyes on him. 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“You called for the water and electricity supply to be powered back to the cabin? Have you got food for your stay... you know the cabin is really far from the nearest town...” 

 

Jaejoong lowered his head feeling stupid, Sungmin never mentioned the need to do that, but it was his fault not to check with him on everything... All he could think of was getting away... what will he do when he gets there, no electricity, water nor food, and his car is miles away... Suddenly this vacation sounded horrible... he only wanted to get away, he didn’t want to be around people especially when Christmas is coming in a few days, and he was supposed to be with Hyunjoong on their honeymoon now but everything changed now. 

 

“No...” 

 

He answered. 

 

“And when was the cabin used last time?” 

 

“Lately” 

 

“lately as in weeks or months....” 

 

“Aish! I don’t know... months I guess...” 

 

Yunho nodded to him as he kept his eyes on the road, the snow on the road with the trees passing by looked like a scene from a fairy tale, it was breathtaking to Jaejoong especially that he feels warm now with the heater’s temperature, also that he doesn’t have to walk on his ankle now. 

 

Jaejoong suddenly felt conscious that he was injured in a car of a stranger in the middle of nowhere, and he wasn’t exactly polite with the other... this was never his way of dealing with others, but he was out of his comfort zone lately. 

 

“Relax, I’m not going to hurt you, you are Halmoni’s grandson...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at him startled before his cheeks turned bright red. 

 

“Th-that wasn’t what I was thinking...” 

 

Yunho scoffed, shaking his head in mockery.  

 

‘Jerk!’ 

 

Jaejoong thought as he looked away watching the trees pass, the thought of having to walk all this distance made him wince in pain... he can tell that his ankle is pretty swollen as his right boot feels really tight now... he wondered if he will be able to even take his boot off. 

 

The car then a sharp corner before they entered a new road with heavier trees, Jaejoong could see the cabin from afar now... it was covered in white snow looking beautiful standing along in the snow. 

 

“That’s the cabin... Your legacy...” 

 

Yunho said as the car was approaching the cabin. 

 

“What made you think that’s it’s for sale?” 

 

Jaejoong asked looking at the handsome man. 

 

“Well, other than the neglection of the cabin, People in town heard you talking about selling the house...” 

 

“People should mind their own business... they shouldn’t be eavesdropping...” 

 

Jaejoong said dryly. 

 

“Well, you can’t blame what others overheard... you were loud and indiscreet about it when you were with that rude boyfriend of yours... if you didn’t want others to know, then you should have kept your voice down... besides, your rude comments didn’t help you gain any respect from people here...” 

  

Jaejoong didn’t have to reply as the car stopped in front of the cabin’s small gate... he wasn’t fond of Sungmin’s boyfriend either, he was arrogant and very impulsive... He thought as he watched Yunho walk around the car to his side. 

 

“Thank you for the ride” 

 

Jaejoong said as Yunho opened the door for him. 

 

“No problem”