Good heart

Warm Ice

 

Good heart

 

 

Previously:

 

“Oh, I just came to tell you that your room is ready if you want to sleep dear...” 

 

Jiyeon said meeting them at the door. 

 

“Thank you Ajumeoni” 

 

“I’ll take you to your room... come with me...” 

 

She said with a big smile getting a nod from the pale man. 

 

“Good night...” 

 

Jaejoong said looking up meeting Yunho’s eyes with a smile. 

 

“Good night Jaejoong... Rest well” 

 

Yunho replied watching his guest skipping away slowly.  

 

****** 

 

“This is your room dear...” 

 

Jaejoong followed Jiyoen into a huge room, its walls were painted in a pink color contrasting the lovely brown furniture... it was huge having a little library at the left part of it with brownish couches next to it and a big table with its chairs on the right side while inside ahead laid a king size bed with rose gold sheets. 

 

“It’s more of a suite... The first owner of this house built this suite for his mother... I lit the fireplace to get it warm and you have you own bathroom- Oh you little brat!!!” 

 

Jaejoong listened to Jiyeon looking around the room to be startled by her scared jump almost losing his balance, to see a peach-colored chubby cat stretching lazily on the beige carpet in front of the fire place. 
 

   Image result for peach color cat

“You sneaky little cat... Come here, you shouldn’t enter this room...” 

 

Jiyeon held the cat up in her arm making her snuggle cutely and meow at her making her chuckle and play with her fur. 

 

“Acting cute wouldn’t help, you naughty girl...” 

 

The cat meowed again gaining a chuckle from both of them. 

 

“Whose cat is this?” 

 

Jaejoong said watching the playful cat in awe. 

 

“It’s Mrs. Lee ‘s cat... the owner of the cabin you rented... When Yunho heard that they were going to kill all the animals she owned after she passed away... He bought all of them and brought them here... He has such a good heart...”  

 

Jiyeon answered smiling at the purring cat in her arms. 

 

“All... of them?” 

 

Jaejoong wondered. 

 

“Yes... all of them... it wasn’t a big change to Kona... That old dog has always liked my husband and followed him around... the cow and the chickens are free in the yard, and this is Momo, she has been living in this house causing trouble...” 

 

The cat meowed at her annoyed like she understood what was said making them laugh. 

 

“I don’t mind if she stays... I like her...” 

 

Jaejoong said watching how the cat wiggled cutely. 

 

“Whatever you like dear, but be careful she is a very naughty cat...don’t let her cuteness fool you... there you go Momo... you’ve been forgiven...” 

 

The cat walked around stopping next to Jaejoong looking at him. 

 

“Sorry honey... I can’t bend down to reach you...” 

 

Jiyeon chuckled watching the cat curiously watching the new guest as he hopped towards the bed. 

 

“Let me help you...” 

 

She said aiding him to lay down, putting the crutches near him in case he needed them, tucking him in before patting his head gently. 

 

“Sleep well dear...” 

 

“Thank you Ajumeoni...” 

 

“Do you need anything?” 

 

Jaejoong shook his head smiling at her as she smiled back nodding leaving the room after turning the lights off except a small night light. 

 

‘Yunho brought all the animals here... he is a good man... no wonder he hates Sungmin and his family... how cruel of them... these animals were lucky he was there...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought about his handsome host with a smile gracing his lips. 

 

‘How old is he? He is a neurosurgeon so he must be in his thirties the least... he must have someone in his life... Why didn’t I ask him over dinner... ugh... I wouldn’t dare do it...Why? I don’t know why I feel so shy around him... damn why can’t I stop thinking about him...’ 

 

Jaejoong palmed his eyes sighing. 

 

‘I shouldn’t be having such thoughts... I barely know the man for God’s sake and my head can’t stop thinking about him... What if he’s married? or have someone in his heart?... what if he’s straight?! Wake up Jaejoong! You just broke up and you are hurt... don’t get involved in something you will regret later... you are stronger that that...’ 

 

Jaejoong’s eyes watered as he was angry with himself, he hated how pitiful he felt right now... his heart felt empty and it felt so wrong to fill it with fantasies of a man he has just met a few hours ago, was he that desperate? 

 

“Meow...” 

 

He removed his arms hearing the sound to find the cat sitting next to his pillow staring at him. 

 

“Hey Momo... I’m Jaejoong...” 

 

He smiled turning to his side slowly, minding his ankle, to face her. 

 

“Meow” 

 

Momo purred as Jaejoong palmed her head gently massaging it. 

 

“Such a sweet kitty... why do they call you naughty? Huh? you are so- Ouch!” 

 

Jaejoong cooed before he was surprised by the cat’s attack to his hand, she kept biting, snuggling and scratching his hand like crazy but yet she didn’t really hurt him. 

 

“Oh... never mind... you just answered me...” 

 

Jaejoong giggled watching the cat playfully attack and wiggle with his fingers making him smile. 

 

“You are adorable...” 

 

“Meow...” 

 

Momo snuggled to his palm like she was asking to be patted and she sure got what she wanted, purring happily, lying next to the pillow closing her eyes in content. 

 

“Cute...” 

 

Jaejoong whispered before his eyes drooped slowly falling asleep.