How Unlucky

Warm Ice

 

 

 

How Unlucky

 

 

 

 

“It’s past 9 p.m. we need to leave...” 

 

Yoochun said, helping Junsu, wear his coat. 

 

“You know you are welcome to spend the night here, Yoochun-ah...” 

 

Yunho said as Junsu hugged him and Jaejoong smiling. 

 

“We had a great time... We need to go; our parents are coming to visit tomorrow...” 

 

Junsu answered smiling at them, squeezing Jaejoong’s hand. 

 

“Drive safe...” 

 

Jaejoong said waving at them. 

 

“We will” 

 

Yoochun nodded to him smiling. 

 

“Jaejoong-ah, you have my number, so call me when you go back... we will meet up!” 

 

Junsu said waving back. 

 

“I will... bye...” 

 

“BYE!!” 

 

Junsu said before he suddenly stopped. 

 

“Where is Changmin?” 

 

Looking around, the taller man wasn’t around. 

 

“Aish! He never changes!” 

 

Junsu said walking towards the kitchen, while Yunho and Yoochun were smiling. 

 

“Yah! Changmin-aah! You FOOD FREAK!” 

 

Junsu’s shreik was heard, Jaejoong looked at the other two seeing them chuckling, confused of what is going on. 

 

“It’s hopeless...” 

 

Yoochun said shaking his head... Jaejoong was about to ask what is going on, when Junsu appeared pulling Changmin’s ear towards them. 

 

“Hyung! Calm down! Ouch!” 

 

“You are unbelievable... you always make Ajiumma pack food for you! You are shameless!” 

 

“Hyung! But I love her food!” 

 

Changmin’s childish response made everyone laugh, holding the containers he was given to his chest. 

 

“Let’s go!” 

 

Junsu said letting go of Changmin, holding his husband’s arm. 

 

“Yunho Hyung, Thanks for the great holiday! And the good food!” 

 

Yunho patted the taller man’s back. 

 

“Hyung... here, is my card... text me your address... and I will sure come to try your famous kimchi stew!... you promised! Don't forget!” 

 

Changmin said to Jaejoong handing him his card, everyone shook their head at the youngest addict to food. 

 

“I will Changmin-ah! I’m happy I got to meet you all!” 

 

Jaejoong said waving at them, standing next to Yunho holding his arm, to shift some weight off his injured foot. 

 

“So, I assume you are a good cook? if Changmin that excited it means you are...” 

 

“I can make a few decent dishes..." 

 

“You don’t fail to surprise me...” 

 

“There is a lot of things you don’t know about me... and there are a lot of things I don’t know about you...” 

 

Jaejoong said trying to show the other that they were practically still strangers. 

 

“I’m willing to change that... to get to know each other more... how about you stay over?... You are welcome to spend the night here, Jaejoong-ah" 

 

Yunho said smiling looking at the shorter man meeting his eyes as he looked up. 

 

‘How dense this man is? I made it clear that I don't want to get in a relationship and I told him hundreds of times that I want to go to the cabin... yet he never gives up...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought looking at the other’s side face, trying to read what’s in that head of this handsome man, but the sudden change in the other’s soft expression to a cold angry one made him shiver. 

 

“Who the hell is that maniac?! He almost hit Changmin’s car!” 

 

Jaejoong eyes followed where the other was looking, he swallowed hard... he knew exactly whom that crazy driver is, he recognized the flashy car, watching how it drove recklessly, tires screeching as it stopped at the entrance, where they were standing. 

 

“Jaejae!!! Oh, Jaejae!”  

 

Sungmin called getting out of the car, wearing a long furry coat, walking towards them. 

 

“Who is this?” 

 

Yunho asked calmly, his eyes watching the one walking up the main stairs towards them like a hawk. 

 

“This is Lee Sungmin... he was supposed to come here after New Year's Eve...” 

 

Jaejoong said, biting his lip anxiously. 

 

“How unlucky...” 

 

Yunho mumbled, his icy eyes never leaving the man with the fury coat, and styled hair. 

 

“Jaejae! You would never believe how horrible my trip here was! I was waiting in front of the cabin... I called you many times... then a car stopped and when I asked about you, they told me you were here...” 

 

Sungmin said dramatically, talking to Jaejoong, yet his eyes never leaving the taller man next to him. 

 

“Hey, Sungmin... you came early...” 

 

Jaejoong said quietly. 

 

“I sure did... Me and Kangin broke up and I don’t want to see him ever again!” 

 

Sungmin said with a dramatic hand wave before he turned to Yunho and said with a foxy voice, making Jaejoong stomach flip in disgust.  

 

“Hello there... I'm Lee Sungmin, by the way...." 

 

Yunho only gave the other a cold look ignoring Sungmin’s hand that was extended to shake his. 

 

“So, you are Mrs Lee grandson...” 

 

Yunho tone was as sharp as a knife, making Jaejoong shiver... remembering the first time he and Yunho met. 

 

Sungmin looked at the tall man confused... he wasn’t expecting such treatment... he is used to see other men go soft for him after seeing him or hearing his voice. 

 

“I am, and how does that concern you?” 

 

Sungmin answered arrogantly, not liking Yunho’s attitude. 

 

“I’m a friend of your grandmother, which would explain enough..." 

 

Yunho said coldly, seeing the grandson look at him arrogantly, not shaken a bit by the mention of his deceased grandmother. 

 

“Oh really?... My dad told me, that there is an obnoxious rude man who lives near the cabin...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at his” Friend" with wide eyes not expecting him to be this rude. 

 

“Your dad is right... This exact obnoxious rude man is asking you with respect to leave his property... now!” 

 

Jaejoong turned away from Yunho, looking at Sungmin. 

 

“I’ll get my coat, go wait for me in the car, Sungmin-ah...” 

 

“Gladly... heh!” 

 

Sungmin said walked arrogantly to his car. 

 

“Jaejoong-ah... you don’t have to go...” 

 

Yunho said following Jaejoong, trying to talk to him. 

 

“I have to and you know that...” 

 

Jaejoong said wearing his left boot. 

 

“Can I see you tomorrow?" 

 

“That might not be a good idea...” 

 

“On the contrary, it is a great idea!" 

 

“Yunho, please!" 

 

Jaejoong’s emotions were clearly displayed on his face, his stress, his worries. 

 

“Why are you shutting me out again? What are you worried about? What are you afraid of, Jaejoong?” 

 

Yunho asked following the paler man as he limped towards the door, trying to stop him. 

 

 “Is it me? Are you scared of me? Is it your ex-fience'? did he hurt you this bad?" 

 

Jaejoong stopped hearing the other’s question, he turned to face him, his lips showing a broken smile. 

 

“You mean, more than being humiliated, to have everybody knowing that he is cheating and I’m the last to know of his betrayal?” 

 

The broken tone that Jaejoong spoke in, surprised him, seeing the other’s empty eyes made him speechless. 

 

Jaejoong on the other hand, fisted his coat hard, hated that he showed the other how weak and broken he is... he needs to step out now, to walk out with some dignity before he breaks down seeing the other’s worried look. 

 

“I need to go... Sungmin is waiting for me...” 

 

“Screw Sungmin!” 

 

Yunho said angrily, watching Jaejoong step down on the stairs hurriedly, getting his bootless foot wet, before he got in Sungmin’s car.