?You Have Coffee

Warm Ice

?You Have Coffee

 

 

 

Previously:

 

‘Wait...’ 

 

His swirl of thoughts was suddenly stopped at this one thought... Does he still think of buying this cabin from Sungmin?... apparently yes... he love this place!... But... what about Yunho?... he would be his neighbor... would that be a problem? 

 

He felt his heart pound hard thinking of living close to Yunho. 

 

‘Stop!!’ 

 

He took a deep breath, closing his eyes hard trying to kick every thought of his neighbor out of his head... He won’t think too much of the future... he’ll focus on the present... Christmas eve is the day after tomorrow and he is determined to enjoy his night to the maximum... He got plenty of food and plenty of time to make his Christmas a good one. 

 

He fell asleep in a few minutes with a smile on his face. 

 

 

******** 

 

A loud sound startled Jaejoong waking him up from his sleep making him groan with pain as he bumped his ankle on the matrix. 

 

‘What is that?! Where am I?!’ 

 

He thought looking around worriedly, seeing the room with the fire almost dying, he remembered where he was, breathing deeply to calm himself, the loud sound appeared again which he thought to be the doorbell. 

 

‘Who could it be?’ 

 

He thought hopping to the door thinking it might be Mr. Oh with his car. 

 

“Good Morning!!” 

 

A cheerful voice said as soon as he opened the door, making him jump a bit meeting the smiling almonds eyes which were looking at his face, making his head spin.  

 

“Good... morning...” 

 

He answered with a cracked voice. 

 

“Did I wake you up?” 

 

Yunho asked though he didn’t sound sorry, his eyes were happily oogling him from head to toe. 

 

“Yes..." 

 

Jaejoong replied dryly feeling embarrassed by the way the other was looking at him, he was still in his pink pajama, his face was still probably puffy and his hair was a mess for sure, while his guest was dressed like a model, in a dark pair of jeans with a red sweater under his long black coat... 

 

“I brought you something...” 

 

He said stepping aside, where the other could see what looked like a tree in a huge pot. 

 

“We just got one for our house... and I thought you might want to have your own Christmas tree...” 

 

Jaejoong looked surprised at him... he didn’t expect the other to bring him a Christmas tree... Why would he? 

 

‘Because he is a good man...’ 

 

A voice in his head said making him feel guiltier towards the other. 

 

“Ajiumma put some of the decorations in a box for you... I hope you like them...” 

 

 

“That’s... very sweet and considerate of you all... You didn’t have to, really...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling at the other who nodded his head. 

 

“Thank you so much...” 

 

He said again gaining a bigger smile in return. 

 

“Step aside... I’ll carry it inside...” 

 

Yunho said walking back towards the tree before pulling it up gently and moving it towards the door pushing it gently afraid of ruining the branches. 

 

“Here looks good... what do you think?” 

 

Yunho asked as he placed the tree at one of the living room corners. 

 

“Yes! It’s perfect...” 

 

Jaejoong answered with blushing cheeks, aware of how messy he looks. 

 

“I’ll go get the boxes...”  

 

Yunho said leaving to his car, coming a minute later holding two large boxes. 

 

“How is your foot today?” 

 

He asked placing them near the tree. 

 

‘My foot?... Oh! My foot!’ 

 

Jaejoong thought feeling more nervous by the other’s presence. 

 

“It’s better!” 

 

He said with a shy smile. 

 

“Well, that’s good to hear... you have coffee, don’t you?” 

 

His words made Jaejoong blush more, of course he got coffee, after everything this man did to him, the least he can do is make him a cup of coffee... he looked up meeting the other’s eyes... his eyes looked tired though they were smiling, his beard was shaved and his hair was styled nicely showing the sharp jaw. 

 

“Jaejoong?” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

He was startled by the other’s voice calling him. 

 

“I asked if it’s ok for a cup of cof-” 

 

“Oh! Yes, yes! Of course... Please sit down... I'll make some coffee...” 

 

Jaejoong said more embarrassed hopping towards the kitchen while the other was chuckling lightly at him, he didn’t find any coffee machine but then remembered Mrs. Lee hated the new technology... which means he has to make coffee the old traditional way...  

 

‘Thank God I worked as a barista when I was in collage’ 

 

He thought smiling as he started making the coffee. 

 

“The fire is about to die, there is a metal bucket that’s used to remove the ashes, do you know where it is?” 

 

Yunho asked entering the kitchen, his eyes watching the other as he pulled some kind of coffee. 

 

“Oh, I think I saw it... it’s next to the small cabinet in the storage room... I’ll get it for you... wait here...” 

 

Jaejoong hopped towards the storage room, the room was small with all the wood chops and coal stored in it, he smiled finding the bucket, he grabbed it and turned to get back but he yelped, startled by the other standing behind him, almost losing his balance, but the hands on his waist stabilized him. 

 

“You scared me!” 

 

Jaejoong said still breathing shallow. 

 

“Yeah... sorry for that... but where did you put the crutches? Why don’t you use them?” 

 

Yunho asked frowning looking at the other's raised foot.

 

“Well, I put them next to the bed... the cabin is small and I can move more freely without them.” 

 

“Yeah, you are right... this cabin is small, after many visits to Halmoni I learned to lean my head a bit if I didn’t want to bump into the doors...” 

 

Yunho said chuckling, getting a nervous smile in return... he felt the other shiver making him smile more. 

 

“Here is the bucket!” 

 

Jaejoong said suddenly pulling the bucket up in between them. 

 

“I’ll go make us some coffee... Mrs. Lee wasn’t a big fan of coffee, was she?” 

 

Jaejoong asked pushing the other’s hands off his waist hopping out from a small space between Yunho and the wall entering the kitchen. 

 

“You are right... she was a fan of tea and biscuits... I’d go with any type of coffee you can make... if you want to get us some biscuits... I won’t say no...” 

 

“Biscuits?” 

 

Jaejoong asked looking back at him in confusion. 

 

“Well, after working for hours outside, I feel like I had my breakfast a decade ago!” 

 

“Excuse me, but I thought you only got two trees not the whole forest!” 

 

Jaejoong smiled as the other laughed at his joke, heading to the living room to get the fire started again. 

 

“Don’t forget the biscuits...” 

 

His voice appeared again as he went for more wood chops from the storage room. 

 

“Fine!... I’ll get you your biscuits!” 

 

“They are in the upper cabinet... I like the butter and peanut butter ones!” 

 

“You will get what you asked for!” 

 

Jaejoong yelled back smiling finding the childish Yunho cute. 

 

“Promises... I only get promises...” 

 

He sighed in a dramatic way as he left the kitchen again, making the other chuckle, as he boiled the coffee adding some flavors to it.