This is bad

Warm Ice

 

This is bad

 

 

Previously:

 

 

“I...” 

 

Jaejoong felt the need to tell the other who he really is but was again interrupted. 

 

“Forget it... It’s all in the past now... let’s get inside...” 

 

He said getting out of the car, turning around to the other door. 

 

Seeing this, Jaejoong forgot about the dogs, opening his door trying to get out and avoid being carried... he knows it’s embarrassing to jump his way in front of the couple who were waiting by the main door and the watchful dogs. 

  

“I can-” 

 

His words were cut when he felt his body carried of the seat into the warm arms, as Yunho walked gently towards the couple. 

 

 

******** 

 

 

“Yunho-ah... Is everything alright?” 

 

A cute middle-aged woman approached them looking worried. 

 

“I’ll explain once we go inside... come on... it’s cold...”  

 

‘What an inside...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought feeling warm the second they entered the mansion, looking around in awe at the elegantly decorated house, the wooden floor which was partly covered with a wool rug. 

 

Entering a big room, which Jaejoong figured is the living room, as Yunho put him gently on the comfy brown couch, before standing up... He couldn’t help but held his hands to himself feeling cold suddenly after losing the contact of the warm arms. 

 

“Ajimma... This is Lee Sungmin... Halmoni’s grandson... His car broke down a few miles ago and he hurt his ankle... Will you look after him until I tell Ajushi about the car... He may be able to bring it here, and then go check on the cabin... fill the store with charcoal and wood chops... it needs to be ventilated too...” 

 

“That is not necessary... please...” 

 

Jaejoong said feeling bad about all of this, especially that they think he is someone else. 

 

“I... I need to explain something... Yunho-ssi... I-” 

 

“Later... Let’s get some important things done... besides... I told you in the car to call me Yunho...” 

 

“But... You don’t understand... I” 

 

Jaejoong was interrupted again when Yunho walked away leaving him with the cute lady who nodded and smiled to him. 

 

“I need to talk to him” 

 

Jaejoong said with a pout. 

 

“I know dear... You will get to talk to him later, I’m Oh Jiyeon... Let’s take a look at that ankle... I’ll try to take the boots as slow as I can so it wouldn’t hurt...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled back at the nice lady bowing to her. 

 

**** 

 

“Aaah” 

 

Jaejoong winced and his eyes teared every time Jiyeon tried to pull it gently. 

 

“That won’t do... I’ll have to cut the boots off... I’m sorry...” 

 

She looked at the pale fragile man with apology and he nodded in return, she got up from the floor, patting his cheek gently before walking out of the room. 

 

‘At least she doesn’t think I’m a horrible person...’ 

 

Jaejoong smiled wiping his eyes, trying to loosen the boots himself until Jiyeon came back with large scissors, and started cutting his knee-length boot down to his ankle. 

 

“Omo! Omo!! oh dear boy... This is bad...” 

 

Jiyeon said looking at the swollen red ankle, lifting the foot gently on a pillow. 

 

“I- It’s.. It's alright... it will be better tomorrow after I bandage it...” 

 

Jiyeon shook her head with a sad smile as she looked at the swollen foot again seeing that parts of it is even bruised, she sighed and walked out of the room. 

 

Jaejoong looked at his ankle, it looked bad indeed, but he can’t stay here, he can’t stay here in the house of a man who hates him, or the man he thinks is him...  he is unwelcomed... but what can he do now with his condition...  

 

‘Ugh, this is the worst Christmas ever...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought leaning his head back on the couch, he needs to find a way to go back to the cabin, he will keep the fireplace on and take care of his ankle... that’s the plan... also pay Yunho for the charcoal and the wood chops... 

 

“When Ajimma said it’s bad, she meant it’s really bad...” 

 

Jaejoong was falling asleep when the cold voice startled him making him wince. 

 

‘When did he come in?’ 

 

He thought watching the other crouching next to his foot looking at it. 

 

“What made you walk on your foot when it’s badly injured... are you Stupid? Didn't you know that you were making it worse?!” 

 

Yunho said angrily looking up meeting the surprised eyes, which turned cold glaring at him hearing his words. 

 

“I didn’t know you’re going to pass by, and I wasn’t going to stay put and freeze to death, so I walked trying to reach the cabin...” 

 

Jaejoong was interrupted again by the other’s angry comment: 

 

“Where there is no food and no heat at all! Why didn’t you try and call for help? Don't you have a damn phone?! Or did you think it’s brave to go on an adventure in this weather!” 

 

Jaejoong looked away feeling tired. 

 

“I forgot my phone at home... besides my ankle isn’t that bad...” 

 

“Well, it will double it’s size tomorrow, not to mention how bruised it would be...” 

 

“How would you know! You are not a damn doctor!” 

 

Jaejoong answered getting frustrated. 

 

“I am, actually...” 

 

Jaejoong blinked at the chuckling man in surprise. 

 

“Oh really? What doctor are you? A brain doctor or something...” 

 

Jaejoong asked in mockery. 

 

“You are right again, I’m a neurosurgeon...” 

 

Yunho smiled watching the other look at him in surprise. 

 

‘Well, that makes sense... he does look tough enough for such job’ 

 

Jaejoong thought as their eyes met. 

 

“So... you... you are not a doctor who works from 9 to 5, aren’t you?” 

 

“Not exactly, no...” 

 

“And you work in a...” 

 

Jaejoong asked feeling dizzy knowing all of this. 

 

“I work in Seoul... and I have a place there...” 

 

He nodded still not comprehending all this information, he turned his face away from the other as his cheeks felt hot, but feeling the warm hands on his ankle made him jump. 

 

Jaejoong watched the long clean fingers palpate his ankle gently, examining it carefully. 

 

“I-I’m sorry...” 

 

Jaejoong felt the need to apologize... This man helped him and welcomed him in his house, and is now taking care of his injured foot... maybe he misjudged him as the first encounter between them was based on him seen as Sungmin. 

 

“For?” 

 

Jaejoong took a sharp breath remembering that he needs to tell the truth of his identity. 

 

“I want to explain something...” 

 

He started but was interrupted by Jiyoen entering the room with 2 big water buckets, which Yunho took from her hands, helping her place them next to his foot. 

 

“As I said Ajimma... immerse the foot for 5 minutes, changing between hot and cold water... We’ll talk in a bit... I’ll be back...” 

 

Yunho said getting a nod from the pale man... Jiyoen also nodded smiling, immediately working on the swollen foot gently. 

 

After 5 minutes, Yunho was back with a small tray, watching Jiyoen take the buckets out. 

 

“Take these...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the two white pills in the other’s hand. 

 

“What are these?” 

 

“Posion...” 

 

“Eeeeh?” 

 

“What do you think they are?! They’re painkillers...” 

 

Yunho said handing the other the pills before handing him a glass of water. 

 

“I don’t like to take any pills...” 

 

“You need them trust me... you will not be able to sleep and the pain will get worse...” 

 

“I really don’t think I should...” 

 

“Would you just take the damn pill!!!” 

 

‘He yelled at me?’ 

 

Jaejoong was startled by the other’s reaction, he put the pills in his mouth and swallowed before glaring at the other who knelt next to his foot again, taking a cream and a bandage working on his foot gently, making the pale man feel guilty.  

 

“So stupid...” 

 

Yunho whispered while bandaging his ankle making the guilt disappear. 

 

‘I hate this man! He is obnoxious... he can’t be a doctor... doctors are supposed to be nice to their patients.... yet him... ugh!!’ 

 

Jaejoong thought, but when the warm hand held his leg under his knee, he felt his body tingle, he hated how his body craved the other’s touch... he must be crazy thinking that. 

 

“You will feel better in a few...” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

Jaejoong looked up meeting the sharp eyes... before he bowed his head thanking him. 

 

“I’ll tell Ajimma to make you something warm to drink and some food... then you should rest until dinner... you must be exhausted...” 

 

Jaejoong was lost in the other’s sharp face, he didn’t know what to say except  

 

“Thank you...” 

 

“You are welcome...” 

 

“You injured your ankle badly... It’s mostly an ankle sprain... I don’t think you broke any bones, yet we need to have an x-ray of it once the weather is better... It will probably need a couple of weeks before you can walk on it...” 

 

“A couple of weeks!” 

 

Jaejoong repeated in despair. 

 

“Well, yes... that if no bones were broken that is...” 

 

Jaejoong sighed before looking up meeting the watchful eyes again. 

 

“I’m sorry for the trouble... I’m sure everything will be alright tomorrow, I felt better already...” 

 

“I hope so...” 

 

Yunho smiled at him gently before saying: 

 

“Ajimma injured her knee 2 years ago, and we still have the crutches she used back them, you can use them if you like...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded and smiled at the other who winked at him before leaving the room. 

 

‘Did he just wink at me?’ 

 

Jaejoong thought feeling his cheeks hot. 

 

‘Stop acting like a teenager with a crush! ........ OH, Damn! I forgot to tell him who I am!!’