Fire Meets Fire

Warm Ice

 

Fire Meets Fire

 

 

 

Previously:

 

 

‘What will he think of me?! I just had a breakup... my fiancé cheated on me... and I let this man whom I met last night hug me... what would he think of me... did I give him the wrong impression?’ 

Jaejoong looked at him with big wide eyes, making the other smile gently trying to calm him down feeling the other’s distress. 

 

“It’s just a hug Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

‘JUST A HUG! This is the most brain wrecking, mind blowing hug I’ve ever had... and he is saying just a hug... how dare he!’ 

 

Jaejoong thought trying to fight the tears that built up in his eyes. 

 

 

******* 

 

 

‘Why did I not push him? Why did I let him hug me? It shouldn’t happen again! What would he think of me?! I just told him yesterday that I’m here to mend my heart after a breakup and now I’m melting in his arms, letting him hug me!... What’s wrong with me? Am I that desperate!?... This shouldn’t happen again...’ 

 

“Let... go of me... please...” 

 

Jaejoong said faintly trying hard to hold his tears, and the other responded immediately pulling his arms off of him, making him sway a bit before holding the couch next to him. 

 

“I’m not going to say sorry for hugging you, Jaejoong... Because that’s what I wanted to do the moment I saw you... and I won’t pretend that I didn’t feel you respond to me...” 

 

‘I did... I did... I can’t deny I did...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought closing his eyes for a few seconds before looking up meeting the other’s eyes with a serious look. 

 

“I want you to leave now please, but I need to pay you for everything first!” 

 

“It was just a hug... between two adult men...” 

 

Yunho said messing his hair upset by the other’s reaction. 

 

“It shouldn’t happen in the first place!! I barely know you!” 

 

Jaejoong said in a sharp voice breathing deep trying to calm himself down. 

 

“Fine... My name is Jung Yunho, I’m 32, single and mentally stable... is there anything else important you need to know?” 

 

Yunho said crossing his arms over his chest looking the other in the eye. 

 

“There is a lot...” 

 

Jaejoong replied the couch beside him in frustration. 

 

“If that so, then we will talk about them later...” 

 

Yunho said gently though his posture showed the opposite. 

 

“I don’t think so...” 

 

Jaejoong replied trying to sound serious but his heart was pounding hard, he looked down leaning slowly to sit on the couch’s arm. 

 

‘Is it true? Is he interested in me? A tall handsome man... a doctor... would like someone like me... wouldn’t he prefer a woman? A tall model, a woman like Hyori... He is probably free and saw him as a short fun for the holiday... that is probably the reason...’ 

 

“You don’t think so? Is it because you are still thinking about the what if your ex-fiancé didn’t cheat?” 

 

Jaejoong looked up meeting the other’s eyes which were looking at him with some sarcasm, proving to him that this man only sees him as a short fun... then he remembered Hyunjoong... he no longer cares about his ex-fiancé... not after meeting this crazy man.... this man made him forget Hyunjoong and throw any lingering thoughts or feelings out of his head for life especially after that wrecking hug. 

   

“No...” 

 

Jaejoong said before he repeated firmly to himself more than the other: 

 

“I no longer care for that Jerk...” 

 

Yunho smiled to him with raised eyebrows like he doesn’t believe him. 

 

“I’m serious, I no longer care about him or what could have happened... to be honest, I do now think I’m lucky we broke up...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling sadly, thinking that after this hug, he literally knew Hyunjoong was never the man for him... after the emotional swirl he felt when hugging Yunho, he knew he wouldn’t have felt like that with Hyunjoong in million years. 

 

“But he did shake your trust in other men, didn’t he?” 

 

Yunho said interrupting the other’s thoughts. 

 

‘And he is right... damn it’ 

 

Jaejoong was upset knowing that he was deeply let down by his ex-fiancé that it did affect his trust in others... but was more upset with the fact that this man could read him that easy... He looked up seeing the other smirking at him, he hated the other’s confident smile, he would never admit that he was right... Never. 

 

“Well, if that is the only way you would get the point that I’m not interested in knowing you more... then yeah...” 

 

“So, I was wrong?” 

 

“Unfortunately, you are...” 

 

Jaejoong breathed deeply trying to look more confident. 

 

Yunho looked at him for a couple of seconds before a smile appeared on his lip, a smile which reminded the other of a dangerous wolf. 

 

“I’m glad that you are a terrible liar, Jaejoong...” 

 

Jaejoong was stunned by the other’s reply as he watched him put on his long coat like he didn’t call him a liar just a second ago. 

 

“There is a small room by the end of the kitchen where Halmoni used as a store... It’s filled with coal and wood chops that would be enough for weeks... It’s going to be a very stormy and cold holiday, so keep the fireplace lit all the time... do you know how to start the fireplace in case it died?” 

 

Yunho said still smiling. 

 

“of course, I know...” 

 

Jaejoong said even though he had no idea, making the other chuckle before saying: 

 

“Add some coals with some wood chops if it starts to weaken... and if it died, light some papers, fruit peelings would work too, until the fire is back, then feed it some wood chops again...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to him knowing that he can’t win against this man. 

 

“The food box you had in your car is stored in the fridge, and the kitchen is stocked with more food if you needed anything...” 

 

“Thank you so much...” 

 

Jaejoong said feeling ashamed of how impolite he was acting a few minutes ago. 

 

“I need to-...” 

 

“If you mentioned paying me again, I would be very upset... It’s nothing Jaejoong... Ok?” 

 

The look Yunho gave him made his words die in his mouth, knowing that he did upset the other. 

 

“Take these too... these are painkillers... which you’ll probably need for a while... take two every 6 hours... not more... they will lessen the pain until your ankle is healed...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to him, wanting the other to leave... his head was in chaos... he needed to figure things out, sort his feelings... and that was impossible with this man standing in front of him. 

 

Yunho walked towards him, standing very close to him, lifting his chin up to meet his eyes gently... 

 

“Goodbye... Jaejoong-ah” 

 

He said before turning and walking towards the door. 

 

‘What is wrong with me? Am I really upset?’ 

 

Jaejoong thought in terror, he was indeed upset that the other didn’t hug him before leaving... which scared him... his brain was a mess... he never felt like this before... his heart was beating fast asking him to stop the other from leaving and just hug him. 

 

Standing up, hopping towards the window watching the tall handsome man walk towards his car 

 

Yunho was someone who would never look at a guy like him... and having a relationship with someone like him can break him hard... and that is the last thing he wants. 

 

‘See, Fire meets fire...’ 

 

Remembering his words... Jaejoong got more upset, Yunho was wrong… he is just a normal guy who wants a simple life, a small happy family of his own... Yunho was wrong... he is the opposite of fire... 

 

He waved seeing the other’s car move away... without him knowing, tears started flowing from his eyes.