I didn't know

Warm Ice

I didn't know

 

 

Previously:

 

“I’ll go... aish” 

 

The pale man answered looking away. 

 

“Then, you are welcome” 

 

Yunho’s gentle tone made the pale one look up and try to stand up quickly seeing the other move towards him, pushing his hands before saying: 

 

“I can manage... Please stop carrying me around...” 

 

“It’s not like I enjoy it... how are you going to walk to my car?” 

 

Jaejoong looked up saying: 

 

“I’ll jump on my other foot...”  

 

And that’s what he did 

 

*********************** 

 

“Now, Sungmin-ssi... or shall I call you Sungmin since you are my guest now...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded watching how badly the snow was falling feeling more anxious. 

 

“Then, you should call me Yunho...” 

 

Yunho smiled as the other flinched looking at him. 

 

'should I? Really? You don’t even know who I really am...What am I going to do? I can't tell him now... can I?... God’ 

 

Jaejoong thought looking away ignoring the other. 

 

“So tell me Sungmin-ah... why did you decide to spend your holiday alone in an isolated cabin... What I’ve heard about you from Halmoni and the people here, it’s not something you would do... and what happened to that obnoxious boyfriend?” 

 

Kangin was really obnoxious, Jaejoong agreed as he never liked him, but hearing this arrogant man speak badly of him made him angry as if Kangin was dear to him suddenly. 

 

“My reasons concern me only” 

 

Jaejoong answered dryly getting a smile and a nod from the other. 

 

“No one would object to your stay here as long as your boyfriend is not with you... because he left a very bad impression and is not welcomed here anymore, after he insulted and attacked Mr. Shin in his own restaurant over your dish...” 

 

‘Great... Kangin and Sungmin did leave an impression and it was horrible’ 

 

Jaejoong sighed trying not to think of Sungmin and focus on his problem, his foot was throbbing in pain and he had no change of clothes... Christmas is in few days and he is stuck in an old cold moldy house with nothing while Hyunjoog and Hyori are probably hugging now, enjoying the warm sun and the beach. 

 

Yunho glanced at the other watching how tired and depressed he looked, he knew the pale man was way too thin when he carried him, his hair was wet and dripping all over the huge scarf that he had around his neck making him shiver... He looked fragile and Yunho couldn’t help but feel the need to comfort him. 

 

“Don’t worry... We will take care of you... I live with a couple who take care of my house... Ajumma will take care of you and Ajushi will get your car and fix it... he has some experience in cars...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at him with surprise, the change from the demon of revenge to an understanding caring human being shocked him. 

 

Seeing his expression, Yunho laughed shaking his head before giving the other a knowing smirk saying: 

 

 “Why are you surprised? I don’t bite you know... not the cute little ones that is...” 

 

“I’m not cute nor little... I’m a grownup 27 years old man!” 

 

Jaejoong’s answer came sharper than he intended, He didn’t know why, but this side of Yunho scared him even more, because his body responds more to him like that... He would rather argue and fight with the man. 

 

“27?  I thought Halmoni sent your 21th birthday present before she passed away...” 

 

“Well, I assure you that I know my age pretty well...” 

 

 Yunho chuckled at the reply, knowing how uncomfortable the other must feel now. 

 

“So, why do you live here? Away from the city?” 

 

Jaejoong asked trying to change the subject. 

 

“I bought this house 3 years ago from a friend of mine who migrated to Canada with his family... Halmoni must have mentioned him... They were close friends.... his name is Oh Shindong...” 

 

Jaejoong listened to the other nodding to him. 

 

“She missed him after they went to Canada, Shindong and his kids used to visit her all the time... She must have felt the warm feelings of a family...” 

 

Jaejoong knew the other was still hinting to Sungmin’s family actions. 

 

“She showed me a lot of pictures, they were mostly of Shindong’s family... but she never showed me a picture of you... it must have been difficult for her I guess...” 

 

Jaejoong felt like he had to reply, he felt sorry for this Halmoni, Sungmin is a nice, sweet person to work with, yet he can imagine him being cold to his grandma. 

 

“How can you know all this when you barely knew her...” 

 

“I did visit her a lot... she mentioned that your father and Shindong were the same age but they never got along...” 

 

Jaejoong sighed feeling tired of taking about Sungmin and his family, so he answered tiredly: 

 

“I don’t know any of this...” 

 

Yunho looked at him with a serious face as he waited for the huge gate to open. 

 

The car moved again inside to a road full of large trees, he could see a house at the end... a very huge house... suddenly he remembered Sungmin mentioning a huge house nearby the cabin and something about a rich neighbor. 

 

Jaejoong looked at Yunho again noticing the expensive car, his watch and his clothes...  

 

‘Yup... He must be the mentioned neighbor...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought looking out his window as the car parked in front of the door, to jump in fright as 2 huge Rottweilers appeared barking loud on his window. 

 

“Sorry... Should have warned you about them... These are Maxi and Jack...they think they are watchdogs...” 

 

“They think? they sure convinced me...” 

 

Yunho laughed hearing these words while Jaejoong looked at his window, seeing two huge dogs staring right at him showing their fangs. 

 

“Well, don’t tell anyone that, but  they spend their day lying down in front of the fireplace and they get scared of cats...”  

 

Jaejoong looked at the other meeting his eyes. 

 

‘His soft husky voice, his warm eyes... why do I feel so weak in front of him...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought swallowing hard before saying:

 

"Well... I never got a pet before" 

 

'Well, how could I even think ofit when Hyunjoong hated them...'

 

 

Jaejoong's thoughts were interrupted by:

 

“I knew that... You hate animals...” 

 

 

Yunho’s sharp reply surprised him, did he say something wrong? 

 

“Excuse me?” 

 

“Well, do I need to explain? Asking the animals to be killed unless they get sold... and who would buy a few chickens and an old cow... not to mention the dog and the cat...” 

 

‘Oh God... Sungmin... What have you done?!’ 

 

Jaejoong thought closing his eyes in misery not daring to meet the sharp ones. 

 

“Don’t tell me your dad didn’t tell you about this either...” 

 

Yunho was looking at him with a serious face. 

 

“I... I didn’t... know... I...” 

 

Yunho looked at him for a minute before he sighed saying: 

 

“I don’t know if I believe you...” 

 

Jaejoong felt guilty though he had nothing to do with it, suddenly he hated Sungmin and his family, why did he come here... he knew nothing about Sungmin’s family and the cabin... He just rented it for the holiday and look what happened... 

 

“I...” 

 

Jaejoong felt the need to tell the other who he really is but was again interrupted. 

 

“Forget it... It’s all in the past now... let’s get inside...” 

 

He said getting out of the car, turning around to the other door. 

 

Seeing this, Jaejoong forgot about the dogs, opening his door trying to get out and avoid being carried... he knows it’s embarrassing to jump his way in front of the couple who were waiting by the main door and the watchful dogs. 

  

“I can-” 

 

His words were cut when he felt his body carried of the seat into the warm arms, as Yunho walked gently towards the couple.