It was just a hug

Warm Ice

It was just a hug

 

 

Previously:

 

“We are almost there...” 

 

Yunho said feeling the other cringe in his seat, thinking it’s because he was still uncomfortable, not knowing that the pale man was dreading going back into the cabin he saw yesterday. 

 

“Wait here...” 

 

Yunho said climbing out of the car walking around towards his door. 

 

“I-” 

 

Yunho again didn’t give him a chance to argue before scooping him up in his arms, walking towards the cabin. 

 

********** 

 

“Hold on to me for a moment...” 

 

He said as he used his arm that supported Jaejoong’s back to pull the key and open the cabin, smiling when he felt the other wrap his arms around his neck pulling himself up afraid of falling. 

 

‘Jaejoong-ah... What have you done to me?’ 

 

Yunho thought smelling the other’s sweet perfume, as he opened the cabin. 

 

‘I hope he can’t hear my heart, it would be embarrassing... please calm down’ 

 

Jaejoong thought feeling his heart pound like crazy, burying his face in the other’s shoulder... he knew they entered the cabin as he felt the warmth engulf them. 

 

“Oh, how I missed this so much...” 

 

Yunho said smiling wide, seeing the cabin full of light and warmth reminding him of the time he used to visit Halmoni... Hearing him, Jaejoong lift his head up and looked around. 

 

“Woaah!” 

 

He exclaimed looking around in awe, the cold dark musty cabin turned into a warm cozy one which looked like it came out of a magazine poster... the fire place was lit, giving the beautiful furniture a glow, they were also cleaned with two beautiful flower vases decorating the living room. 

 

“We kept the heaters on since we came here... it was necessary though it might be a big load of the electricity... We ventilated the cabin and now it’s back to what it used to look like when Halmoni was here... What do you think?” 

 

“Magical...” 

 

Jaejoong whispered relaxing in the arms of the other as he looked around checking every detail of the cabin that came back to life. 

 

“I’ll get your things...” 

 

A whisper near his ear woke him up from his trance feeling his cheeks blush finding himself on the couch with Yunho’s face smiling next to his. 

 

“D-deh...” 

 

He nodded watching Yunho walk out of the room.  

 

“This place is... I... love it...” 

 

A big smile appeared on the pale face as he stood up skipping on his good foot looking around... Now his vacation seemed like the one he was hoping for... he entered the bedroom to find it as warm as the living room with new white bed sheets. 

 

Sitting on them, he traced the red and pink flowers painted on them with his fingers noting that it matched the pink and red flowers vase in this room. 

    

“You like it?” 

 

Jaejoong turned to find his host standing at the door smiling holding his bag with his hand, wearing a black sweater, apparently the other took his coat off. 

 

“It’s beautiful... and those sheets... they are from your house... right? They remind me of Jiyeon-ssi...” 

 

“You are right... she chose these sheets for you...” 

 

“And the flowers?” 

 

“We have a greenhouse at the back of the mansion where Ajimma  and Ajushi grows many fruits, vegetables and of course flowers...” 

 

“Daebak...” 

 

Jaejoong whispered skipping to the flowers smelling them smiling wider. 

 

“Do you want me to get your crutches? they are in the living room...” 

 

Jaejoong shook his head smiling at the other, he was happy with how Yunho took care of every detail, yet his heart ached knowing it wasn’t something special. 

 

“You did a lot to me... I can never thank you enough...” 

 

“I didn’t do anything...” 

 

Yunho smiled back at him as he placed the bag next to the bed. 

 

“I...” 

 

Jaejoong said taking a deep breath before looking the other in the eye as they returned to the living room with him hopping on his left foot, standing near the back of the couch leaning on it. 

 

“How much do I owe you, for the wood chops and the fuel? Also, my car...” 

 

“Don’t be silly...” 

 

Yunho said looking at him with a gentle smile. 

 

“But...” 

 

“Please Jaejoong.. I won’t take anything in return...”  

 

Yunho said walking towards him with the same smile making him nervous mumbling about the need to pay, feeling more nervous as the other stood just in front of him with their faces a few inches apart. 

  

“I need to pay you... I can’t just accept all of this... Plea-” 

 

Jaejoong’s word died when he felt the long big arms embrace his body into the broad muscular chest sending his heart beat to the roof. 

 

“Your hair is so soft...” 

 

Yunho whispered as his long fingers caressed the caramel colored hair, his arms hugging the other tighter when he didn’t feel any resistance. 

 

“I’ve never seen a guy this beautiful in my life...” 

 

Jaejoong didn’t reply, he couldn't comprehend what was happening, he felt his heart beat so fast like it’s about to burst and his body tingled in anticipation... he has never felt this way... no one has ever made him feel this way. 

 

He was still in daze when he felt the other push him gently until they faced each other, still holding him... He wasn’t aware of his hands the taller man’s sweater firmly. 

 

“See, Jaejoong-ah? Fire meets fire...” 

 

Those words brought him back to reality, this man in front of him, was the same man who he kept arguing and fighting with, barely having a few polite conversations in general, is hugging him... and he accepted that hug...  

 

‘What will he think of me?! I just had a breakup... my fiancé cheated on me... and I let this man whom I met last night hug me... what would he think of me... did I give him the wrong impression?’ 

 

Jaejoong looked at him with big wide eyes, making Yunho smile gently trying to calm him down feeling the distress. 

 

“It’s just a hug Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

‘JUST A HUG! This is the most brain wrecking, mind blowing hug I’ve ever had... and he is saying just a hug... how dare he!’ 

 

Jaejoong thought trying to fight the tears that built up in his eyes.