Christmas Gifts 2

Warm Ice

Christmas Gifts 2

 

 

 

Previosuly:

 

 

 
'Shall I make some Christmas cookies? or a cake?' 
 

 

A smile appeared on his face again thinking that he is somehow helping Jiyeon-ssi with her work. 
 
"I'll check what I have here..." 
 
He mumbled going through his kitchen to find everything he needed to make a huge cake or a few dozens of cookies. 
 
'I'll make them tomorrow so it will be fresh... Tonight I'll have to get Yunho's present done and fix my top to the party....' 
 
Jaejoong stacked the ingredients he needed aside in the kitchen before heading to the living room again, the blanket was dry now smelling like vanilla, as he washed it with his own shampoo. 
 
"Now... let's see..." 
 
He sat down on his work table sketching some pictures of what would look best... he had a small waist but his shoulders were wide... after he decided the design, he grabbed his knitting needles and started working on the blanket. 
 
**** 
 
'I like it!' 
 
Jaejoong thought as he stood in front of the mirror in the blanket sweater... He was proud of his work, as the soft grey wool hugged the tips of his shoulders faintly as the wavy layers of the sweater flowed down to his waist on both sides in a fold, they covered his front well but a glimpse of his chest down to his belly button could be seen when he moved or turned. 
 
'Or is it too revealing...?' 
 
Jaejoong was uncomfortable wearing it knowing Yunho is going to be there, so he adjusted the middle so it would only show only a hint of his toned chest. 

 

Something like this sweater with a wider collar but fancier, something with a bat wings like design: 

 

Related image

 
Now... all he needs is to decide a Christmas present for Yunho... a scarf with his initials was a good idea and he didn't know what else he can make him... he sat on the couch after feeding the fire, holding his knitting needles thinking. 

 

****** 

 

Shivers went down his arms, waking the pale man from his sleep, he blinked a couple of times seeing the fire about to die, he stood up walking slowly on his normal foot, towards it feeding it a few wood chops, poking it a few times with the iron stick hanged next to the fireplace, until the fire was back to life. 

 

“That’s better...” 

 

Jaejoong  rubbed his arms feeling the room getting warm again, looking outside the window, he noticed that it’s morning already. 

 

“I must have fallen asleep last night working on this...” 

 

He mumbled holding the long creamy colored scarf in his hands, palming the black J.Y. initials at the end of it, smiling at his work, sitting back down to finish the few rows that remained. 

 

“Tadaaa...” 

 

He said smiling softly, folding it neatly before stretching his shoulders with a lazy yawn. 

 

“Mmm... Time for coffee...” 

 

Jaejoong whispered to no one, standing up putting minimal weight on his foot, limping to the kitchen seeking to brew some coffee, looking out the kitchen window as he filled the small kettle with water, smiling at the view of white lands ahead of him, singing to himself as he moved around the kitchen. 

 

As he sat next to the Christmas tree, Jaejoong was startled by a new ringing bell, looking around, he saw an old land line on one of the side tables, ringing loudly.  

 

“Hello?” 

 

He answered as soon as he reached it. 

 

“Good morning... Jaejoong-aaah...” 

 

Yunho’s voice spoke through the phone making the pale man blush hearing the soft way the other was calling his name. 

 

“Good morning...” 

 

Jaejoong replied. 

 

“How are feeling today?” 

 

“G-good... you?” 

 

“Good, I’ll be better when I see you...” 

 

Jaejoong bit his lip smiling, not knowing what to say. 

 

“Jaejoong-ah, I was planning to drop by the cabin this morning for coffee, but I don’t think I’m going to make it, many last-minute tasks popped up... So, I called to check on you and see if you need anything...” 

 

Jaejoong felt his heart pick up a beat hearing the disappointment of the other’s voice for not being able to come this morning. 

 

“You are so thoughtful, thank you so much, I can never repay your kindness, Yu-Yunho...” 

 

Jaejoong blushed more saying the other’s name, as his brain replayed the hug, they shared last night. 

 

“I’ll be seeing you tonight then... I’ll see you around 6 pm... ok?” 

 

“Ok...” 

 

Nodding like a giddy child, he hanged up the phone, not helping but feeling shy and excited for seeing the other tonight. 

 

The excitement flowed into a happy energy as he played music loud, starting to work on his Christmas shaped cookies, singing along and dancing to TXXQ songs. 

 

"They look cute!!" 

 

Jaejoong said excitedly, baking was one of his many hobbies that he found joy in, especially if he got the outcome he wanted. 

Related image

“I should find a container to put them in...” 

 

He mumbled looking around the kitchen to find a big tray, which he layered the cookies on and covered them with a baking paper before pushing it inside a big paper bag. 

 

‘I have to shower...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought looking up at the clock to find that it’s 4:30 pm, but he needs to wrap up his gifts first. 

 

He walked around the living room to find some brown wrapping papers he found in one of the drawers... he sat on the table sketching on them before wrapping his gifts in a cute way. 

 

Satisfied with his work, he went to take a shower, feeling his foot throb, he didn’t really rest today, hoping a couple of painkiller pills would make him feel better and get through tonight.