Obnoxious 

Warm Ice

Obnoxious 

 

Previously:

 

“Oh, Thank you God! Thank you!!” 

 

Jaejoong chanted as he limped towards the driver’s window almost tripping again. 

 

“Thank you for stopping! I’m sorry! But my car broke down a while ago and I don’t know how much left do I need to walk and then I fell and twisted my ankle... and-” 

 

“Calm down, Calm down...” 

 

Jaejoong stopped talking as the driver interrupted his explanation and looked at him, his eyes widened seeing the handsome face looking at him with sharp almond eyes. 

 

********** 

 

“So, you are the owner of the that small beetle a few miles ago?” 

 

Jaejoong nodded mesmerized by the driver’s deep yet cold voice. 

 

“You must be going to the Lee Cabin then...” 

 

“Huh? Yeah, I am... why?” 

 

Jaejoong asked in surprise. 

 

“Because it’s the only cabin located at the end of this road besides my house... and you must be Lee Sungmin, the grandson...” 

 

Jaejoong was speechless surprised by the other’s cold tone. 

 

“I...” 

 

“I heard that you came once to the cabin when I was out of town, I missed seeing you then... and I promised myself that next time I see you Sungmin-ssi, I’ll let you exactly know what I think of you and your family!” 

 

Jaejoong didn’t like the tone the other was using though his words seemed normal but the coldness he felt from the other made him shiver even more. 

 

“My name is Jung Yunho...” 

 

He lastly said before Jaejoong took a deep shivering breath saying: 

 

“Listen Yunho-ssi, I need to explain something... I’m not -” 

 

“Explain?” 

 

Yunho moved a little in his driver seat before looking back at Jaejoong with more aggressive look. 

 

“Explain what? The reason none of your family, including you came to visit Mrs. Lee for whole two years before she passed away? Or you thought the couple of phone calls you made to the town market to make sure she gets supplies was enough of care for her? She was old and she needed care... I know she was a little harsh and stubborn but she was in her 90s for God’s sake.... She needed her family with her, she needed to feel loved... needed to know that her family still care for her!” 

 

“Yunho-ssi... I-” 

 

“Or was it easy to just forget she existed, huh? You are so cruel!” 

 

“Yunho-ssi... You don’t understand... I’m not-” 

 

“responsible? Is that it? It’s expected from you to say that you are not responsible for anything... you do have this innocence aura around you but I know better... I know how cruel and cold you are! You are here to check the house and then sell it! Not thinking about the tears and sweat your Halmoni shed for this cabin! You made Halmoni’s life miserable!” 

 

“You Don’t have the right to talk to me like that!!” 

 

Jaejoong yelled back surprising the other and himself, as he was exhausted and fed up with all the insults, he was getting tired without given a chance to explain who he really is. 

 

“I don’t? You are here with the plans of selling that cabin which your Halmoni spent her life protecting it...” 

 

Jaejoong was going to talk back but couldn’t when he remembered how Sungmin hated the cabin and was bragging about getting rid of it and selling it. 

 

“I knew it! You and your family don’t deserve to have a graceful old lady like her... You are worthless and disrespectful and you don’t deserve to even be in her presence!” 

 

Jaejoong kept looking at the driver with a blank expression wanting to yell in his face that he is not Lee Sungmin, but he couldn’t argue more, he was too tired and at this moment he hates this arrogant man. 

 

“You have nothing to say? Sungmin-ssi?” 

 

Jaejoong looked away feeling the almond eyes scan his face intently. 

 

“No, I was just thinking that I shouldn’t waste my time talking to an obnoxious person like you...” 

 

His voice was trembling as he can barely feel his feet now. 

 

“Oh really? So?” 

 

Jaejoong decided to ignore the other and walk away, trying his best not to limp in front of him but after a few meters his ankle started throbbing that he fell to his knees groaning in pain. 

 

“Bastard...” 

 

He whispered feeling his tears fall on his cheeks, hearing the car behind him hum loudly before moving, he tried to step aside from the road thinking the rude man will leave, but he was mistaken as the car stopped next to him and the window, on the other side of Yunho, opened. 

 

“You said you twisted your ankle...” 

 

Jaejoong bit his lip trying hard to hold his tears and not look at the other who moved the car slowly along with his slow limping. 

 

“Get in...” 

 

Jaejoong kept ignoring the other feeling like he would rather die than accept the other’s help. 

 

“I said get in...” 

 

Ignored again, Yunho’s tone became sharper as he said: 

 

“I must say Sungmin-ssi.... you are very lucky that I had an appointment today, otherwise I wouldn’t have passed by and found you, and the cabin is still miles ahead... do I need to say more?” 

 

“GO TO HELL!!” 

 

Jaejoong said letting a tear slip his cheek before wiping it trying to walk faster feeling his foot getting worse. 

 

“I think it’s you who’s going to hell not me, but anyways let’s end this drama now so, get in the car...you needed to hear the truth from me even for once and now you have to think rationally... I know you are a grownup and you look tough but you have to stop being stubborn...” 

 

Jaejoong stopped not looking at the other. 

 

“I’d rather freeze to death than accept your help” 

 

“That’s stupid you know...” 

 

“Is that another bad quality you want to add to the list?” 

 

“!!!Ok... That’s enough! get in the car....” 

 

For the first time in his life, Jaejoong didn’t care, he started cursing every bad word he knew letting his tears flow as he kept walking wincing with each step. 

 

‘Who the hell does he think he is!? Even if he thought I was Sungmin, he saw that I was freezing and my ankle is hurt yet he kept me out standing in the cold yelling at me and insulting me yet never giving me a chance to explain... !’ 

 

“Don’t make me force you into the car...” 

 

Jaejoong stopped turning his head, looking at him in disgust, surprising the other when he saw the tear smeared face. 

 

“You think you can do that?!” 

 

Jaejoong yelled back yet his voice was cracking as his shoulders shock hard from the wind. 

 

“Oooh Yes I can.” 

  

 Jaejoong rolled his eyes and kept walking, his anger giving him some more energy to continue. 

 

‘If he laid one finger on me to get me into the car. I’ll kick him hard’ 

 

Jaejoong thought.