Dinner

Warm Ice

 

Dinner

 

 

 

Previously:

 

He needs not only new friends, but a step in his career as he kept postponing to go on his free type of work for a while, Changmin encouraged him to do it saying he got potential and a good reputation in the market but Hyunjoong wasn’t a fan of this idea saying it’s reckless.... and now is the time to do what he wanted to do... and he will... 

 

Jaejoong closed his fist smiling faintly, forgetting for a minute that the other was still in the room. 

 

“Do it...” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“Whatever got you smiling and looking determined... go for it...” 

 

“I will...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at the other, Yunho was a gentleman... He was decent, warm hearted and a good listener... He gave him that. 

 

Jiyeon knock was heard before she opened the door telling them that dinner is ready. 

************* 

 

Using the crutches turned to be harder than Jaejoong thought, it took him some time to get used to it. 

 

“Don’t strain yourself, it’s ok if it’s hard to use these at first...” 

 

Yunho said walking slowly beside him, opening the door to the dining room for him... which was elegantly decorated with mahogany furniture and beautiful paintings around, Jaejoong looked around and noticed that there was a huge dining table which got only two cutlery settings on it. 

 

‘Are we having dinner alone?! Just me and him?! Where is Ajimma and Ajushi?!’ 

 

Jaejoong panicked thinking as Yunho pulled the chair for him helping him sit down. 

 

“Th-Thank you...” 

 

Yunho nod smiling as he sat on the other chair. 

 

“I... I feel like a burden, troubling everyone with me...” 

 

“Don’t say that... the only thing Ajimma did is put an extra dish on the table tonight... so don’t think about it much...” 

 

‘Does that mean he always eat alone?’ 

 

Jaejoong thought, he wondered about this man he was dining with, knowing he can’t ask him. 

  

‘Is he married? Probably not... I can’t see a ring nor a wife... well, he does have an aura of being single, and enjoying it... but with such a face, he must be popular among women... So handsome...’ 

 

Jaejoong blushed being aware of his thoughts. 

 

“What would you like to drink?” 

 

Yunho asked gently admiring the blushing cheeks. 

 

“Just water, please...” 

 

Jaejoong said watching the other stand up and move to a side table with glasses and water pitcher on it. 

 

‘I should stop... these thoughts are not right... its’s all from the depressed mentality I have after Hyunjoong betrayal... after being together for 3 years, I’m happy I insisted on saving it for the wedding night... because as it showed... my dear ex-fiancé sure didn’t  deserve it...’ 

 

“Are you thinking about him?” 

 

Yunho’s voice broke his train of thoughts. 

 

“Huh? yeah... I’m sorry... How did you...?” 

 

“Your face...” 

 

“HuH?” 

 

Jaejoong looked at him confused. 

 

“Your face, your eyes... they are so expressive....” 

 

Jaejoong blushed nodding at him apologizing. 

 

“I’m sorry... the wound is still fresh...” 

 

“I understand... but don’t let it ruin your day...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at the other, who nodded to him before the dining room door opened revealing a smiling Jiyeon holding a huge tray. 

 

“Here is your dinner...” 

 

“Thank you Ajumeoni...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled back to her as she placed a big pot of steaming kimchi stew, placing their rice bowels in front of them with the scattered side dishes. 

 

“Woah Ajumeoni, It looks delicious, you troubled yourself...” 

 

“No trouble dear, come on, dig in...” 

 

She patted his head before leaving the room. 

 

Yunho smiled at their interaction, Jiyeon’s first impression of people are always right, and judging by the loving way she is treating Jaejoong, it means he won her heart and that he must be a good person. 

 

******* 

 

Dinner was lovely, and Yunho was a very pleasant host... Jaejoong thought as they talked about many things, their jobs, the weather, winter... everything. 

 

“Here is your dessert” 

 

Jiyeon placed a cute chocolate cake slice in front of him. 

 

“Looks good!” 

 

Jaejoong’s eyes twinkled, he had a sweet tooth and that cake did look good. 

 

“Enjoy it...” 

 

She said placing only a cup of coffee in front of Yunho before leaving. 

 

“Omg ! It’s really good!” 

 

Jaejoong moaned in delight taking another bite of his cake making the other chuckle at his cuteness, causing him to blush. 

 

“Sorry... Sweets are my weakness...” 

 

Jaejoong said shyly. 

 

“Good to know... I’m glad you like it...” 

 

Yunho said sipping from his coffee watching the other in content. 

 

“Woah... That was good... Thank you so much...” 

 

“You are welcome...” 

 

Yunho smiled at the shy pale man. 

 

“Um... Yunho-ssi...” 

 

“Please, we agreed that you call me with my first name...” 

 

“Um... Yunho...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded blushing again which made the other’s eyes soften. 

 

“I want to apologize again for not telling you who I really was... I mislead you and I’m really sorry for that...” 

 

“No, never mind it... I should have been wiser...” 

 

“Wiser?” 

 

“You are way different from Sungmin...” 

 

Yunho smiled at his confused face. 

 

“What I heard about Sungmin is that he is rude and blunt, very cold and self-centered... but you are the opposite of it...” 

 

“Um... Thank you?” 

 

Jaejoong said feeling his hands tremble feeling the other’s strong eyes on him. 

 

“You are welcome...” 

 

Yunho smiled at him, as Jiyeon knocked the door again coming with small tray containing a glass of water and couple of pills. 

 

“Take these dear...” 

 

“What are these?” 

 

Jaejoong asked looking at his host 

 

“They are painkillers... you need them tonight... I’m sure your ankle is a bit painful now but it would get worse if you don’t take any especially in the first few days...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded swallowing the pills, thanking them. 

 

“I’ll be better tomorrow, so I’ll leave to the cabin and I’d like to ask Ajushi for a ride there, I’m sure you have plans for Christmas and I don’t want to be an intruder...” 

 

Yunho nodded replying: 

 

“Few friends will come over on Christmas Eve, and it wouldn’t be a bother to have an extra guest, you are welcome to spend Christmas with us, Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

“I’m sure I’ll be good by tomorrow and I really appreciate your kind invite... Please ask Ajiushi for me... Thank you so much Yunho... you are a good person... I’m glad we met...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled to him sincerely. 

 

“As you like...” 

 

“Thank you...” 

 

Yunho nodded to him, as they went into an awkward silence. 

 

“You must be tired...” 

 

Yunho said watching the other muffle a yawn. 

 

“Sorry...” 

 

Jaejoong said and giggled childishly embarrassed by it making the other smile. 

 

“Ajimma had the guest room ready if you want to go to bed...  you are probably tired after walking in the cold and the painkillers can also make you sleepy...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded trying to muffle another yawn, making his host smile. 

 

“Let me help you...” 

 

Yunho helped the other stand up holding his side for support making the pale man’s heart picks up a beat. 

 

“I... I can manage... thank you...” 

 

Jaejoong said pushing Yunho’s hands gently hoping his bangs are hiding his blushing cheeks. 

 

“Alright...” 

 

Yunho replied back hiding his disappointment. 

 

“Oh, I just came to tell you that your room is ready if you want to sleep dear...” 

 

Jiyeon said meeting them at the door. 

 

“Thank you Ajumeoni” 

 

“I’ll take you to your room... come with me...” 

 

She said with a big smile getting a nod from the pale man. 

 

“Good night...” 

 

Jaejoong said looking up meeting Yunho’s eyes with a smile. 

 

“Good night Jaejoong... Rest well” 

 

.Yunho replied watching his guest skipping away slowly.