Did it work?

Warm Ice

“So, Junsu... What do you do?” 

Did it work?

 

 

Previously:

 

Jaejoong asked feeling comfortable with this man quickly. 

 

“I’m a singer and dancer mainly... mostly theatre work.... Please tell me, you are not in the medical field... because I’ve had enough of talks about patients and hospital work...” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled listening to Junsu whine like a child. 

 

“Well, don’t worry... I’m an artist too... I draw mostly...” 

 

Junsu smiled wide at him. 

 

“That is cool! Finally, someone to talk to about real interesting things!” 

 

They giggled together before engaging into another topic. 

 

***** 

 

“May this Christmas be a start of a new year full of joy and success to all of you, my friends! To Everyone!” 

 

“Cheers!” 

 

Everyone raised their glass cheering for Yunho after his small speech before they all went to fill their plates. 

 

Jaejoong was trying not put weight on his right foot while waiting in line for the small buffet, maybe wearing the boots for that long wasn’t a good idea. 

 

“Are you alright?” 

 

Looking up, Jaejoong met with sharp small eyes. 

 

“Oh, Changmin-ssi... I- I'm alright... Thank you” 

 

“You look pale, I think you need to sit...” 

 

Changmin said, putting aside the full plate of food in his hand, before giving out his arm to Jaejoong. 

 

“But...” 

 

“I’ll fill your plate for you, don’t worry... any food allergies I should be aware of? Any liking?” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at the other as he helped him to a small chair next to a high side table. 

 

“Well, no allergies, and I like spicy food... thank you so much Changmin-ssi!” 

 

“It’s nothing, Be right back!” 

 

Jaejoong watched the tall man march to the buffet, heaving a long breath, stretching his right leg out gently, trying to ease the pain. 

 

“Jaejoong? Are you alright?” 

 

Yunho’s voice made him look up, seeing the man crouching in front of him, meeting the worried almond eyes. 

 

“I’m ok, it’s just... I... I think maybe the boots weren’t a good idea tonight...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling sourly. 

 

“Take them off then, I’ll bring you something comfortable to wear, and some painkillers...” 

 

“You don’t have to... I’m ok...” 

 

Yunho looked at him with a frown, before standing up walking out of the hall, leaving his guest sighing. 

 

******** 

 

“Hyung!” 

 

Changmin called watching Yunho crouching in front of Jaejoong, holding a pair of fluffy slippers. 

 

“Oh, Changmin-ah! Thank you for helping Jaejoong with dinner... It’s not like I get to see you ditch food for someone...” 

 

Changmin growled at his words, placing two plates filled with many types of food to the brim. 

 

“Thank you, Changmin-ssi...” 

 

Jaejoong said before wincing in pain when Yunho grabbed his leg. 

 

“And you say, you are ok? Unbelievable!” 

 

Yunho said a bit angry, pulling the boots off the other’s feet as slowly and gently as possible. 

 

“Hmm!” 

 

Jaejoong’s face paled as he bit his lip hard feeling his foot throb painfully being pulled out of the boot, which didn’t go unnoticed by both men in front of him. 

 

“Man, you shouldn't have worn the boot with your foot in such condition...” 

 

Changmin said his eyes assessing the swollen bruised foot.  

 

“I think we should let Siwon take a look at your foot, now” 

 

Yunho said palming Jaejoong’s knee, getting a nod from the pale man whom kept his eyes closed breathing the pain away. 

 

“Changmin-ah... Can you tell Siwon to come to my office?” 

 

The taller man nodded back seeing Yunho help the pale man stand up. 

 

“I’ll carry you inside...” 

 

Yunho was about to lift the smaller man up in his arms when he was stopped. 

 

“Please, this is embarrassing enough, don’t carry me in front of everyone... I can skip on my left foot...” 

 

“Jaejoong...” 

 

“Please, Yunho...” 

 

Jaejoong said getting a defeated nod from the other who gave his arm to him to hold as he hopped on his left foot. 

 

********* 

 

“Yunho-ah! That food monster said you needed me in the office... What is it?” 

 

Siwon said entering the office to find Jaejoong semi sitting on the couch with his right leg up, looking tired. 

 

“Hey... I’m sorry I called you at dinner time, but Jaejoong is in pain and it think his foot is worse than I last saw it...” 

 

“Don’t worry about it... just let me check...” 

 

Siwon said gently holding the swollen foot in his fingers, palpating each area and each bone, his eyes traveling between his patient’s face and his foot to assess his pain. 

 

“I don’t think you broke any bones, Jaejoong-ssi... though getting an x-ray would be for the best... but, you certainly have a bad ankle sprain which would need few weeks to heal... you should rest and not bear any weight on your injured foot for the next 10 days...” 

 

“I’ll take you tomorrow to get an xray, first thing in the morning...” 

 

Yunho said firmly, more concerned seeing the pale man just nod back biting his lip. 

 

“Do you have any local analgesia?” 

 

Siwon asked  Yunho watching the pale man stiff body knowing he was in a lot of pain. 

 

“Yes...” 

 

Yunho said walking across the room to a small cabinet where he took out a tube and bandages, which he handed to Siwon letting him tend to the other’s foot, applying a good amount of gel from the tube spreading the cool gel all over the swelling, before wrapping the foot gently.  

  

“You will feel better soon...” 

  

Yunho said handing Jaejoong some painkillers and a glass of water, as Siwon stood up after he’s done. 

 

“I’m sorry for troubling you, both of you...” 

 

Jaejoong said after swallowing the pills. 

 

“It’s nothing Jaejoong-ssi... Just give it time” 

 

Siwon said before leaving the room getting a pat on the shoulder from his friend. 

 

“How are you feeling now...?” 

 

Jaejoong opened his eyes hearing the gentle voice of his host to be surprised finding the other’s face a few inches from his, feeling his cheeks go on flames. 

  

“I... I... good!” 

  

Yunho smiled down at the other’s flustered Face, palming the red cheek gently, sitting on the edge of the couch next to the pale man. 

  

“Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

Yunho called leaning slowly towards the other, whom got more flustered, closing his eyes quick and biting his lip...  

 

But after few moments and not feeling anything... Jaejoong slowly opened his eyes and looked up finding his host looking down at him, smiling. 

 

“Ahahahaha... You’re cute...” 

 

Yunho laughed making the other look away and blush more in embarrassment. 

 

“Jaejoong...” 

 

Yunho called again, his arm snaking snaking around the other, palming his back. 

 

“Yu-Yunho!”  

 

Jaejoong breath hitched feeling his body pulled up into a warm chest. 

 

“Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

Yunho whispered burying his face in the other’s hair hugging the thin frame in his arms gently. 

 

“Please...” 

 

Jaejoong said closing his eyes, his hands the other’s blazer. 

 

“You are amazing... Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

“I...I... I am?” 

 

“Yes... you are...” 

 

Jaejoong blushed hiding his face in the other’s shoulder. 

 

‘This is crazy... I barely know this man... but I don’t want to stop... Why can’t I resist?... This is dangerous!’ 

 

Feeling aware of his desire towards his host, Jaejoong lift his head and pushed the other away gently. 

 

“Are you still in pain?” 

 

“Huh? Pain?” 

 

Jaejoong looked confused at the other whom smile widened. 

 

“I guess it worked...” 

 

“Worked?” 

 

“The hug helped reduce the pain...” 

 

Jaejoong’s face went red hearing the other’s words, indeed that hug made him forget the pain. 

 

“I... I...” 

 

Stuttering while trying to find a way to get away from the smiling man. 

 

“Are you ok?” 

 

Yunho asked seeing the other look away. 

 

“B-b-athroom!” 

 

Jaejoong said loudly his blush deepened, making the other chuckle. 

 

“Alright... let me help you up...” 

 

Yunho said standing on his feet, giving his hand to the other. 

 

“Th-thank you...” 

 

Jaejoong said standing on his left foot before hopping away towards the door. 

 

“Go... and please have something to eat when you’re done...” 

 

Yunho said watching the other bow his head to him shyly before leaving the room. 

 

“Jaejoong...” 

 

Yunho whispered gently, pouring himself a glass of whiskey, facing the large window, taking a large gallop from his glass smiling.