Episode 04 - New Roommates

Me And The Twins Next Door

She still have jet lag, but the first order of business after Pets landed in Taiwan, is to find a place to stay. She wanted to stay somewhere near Bai He University, since the orphanage where she and her twin were found was just near the area. It was just too bad, Diana wasn't able to help her find a place to stay. 

 

She decided to go to the university's area, and find a place to stay. There were no vacancies around, not even in dormitories. Finally, as a last resort, she decided to walk around the residence near the university. Luckily, she found a young man hanging a 'Room For Rent' sign outside the gate. 

 

"Excuse me..." she called. The young man looked at her. "I would like to rent a room." Pets told her. Ben looked at the guy in front of him. "Sure. Would you like to see the rooms first?" Ben asked. Pets nodded his head. "Let's go inside." Ben told him. 

 

Ben helped him with her luggage, and they both went inside the apartment. "We have two rooms that are vacant right now. One is a room with it's own bathroom, and the other is just a small room." Ben told her. "Then, can I see the first room?" Pets asked. "Sure. Follow me." Ben told her. 

 

Ben opened the room right next to the kitchen. There was a big bed inside, a desk and a cabinet. "The last occupant of this place left a few months ago, so it's a little dusty. But we can help you clean it up." Ben explained. Pets just nodded his head, as she listened. Then, Ben opened a door at the side to reveal the bathroom. "This is your private bathroom, if you don't want to use the shared bathroom." Ben explained. 

 

"So how many of us will be staying in this house?" Pets asked. "Right now, it's just us three boys. But if you take this room now, it will be us four boys." Ben explained. Pets sweat dropped at him. "Man, I may look like a boy, and a man by heart, but I'm a girl, physically." Pets said. Ben was surprised at her. "Oh... I didn't know. Sorry..." he said. 

 

"But, if you are willing to take me in, then I'll take this room." Pets told him. Ben's face lightened up when he heard them. He doesn't care if she's a girl, or a boy trapped in a girl's body. He just need some profit from his apartment and someone to share the bills with. "Then, welcome to our house! By the way, I'm Ben." Ben told her. Pets smiled at him. "I'm Pets." she told him. 

 

Ben explained the terms to her. She had to pay a month's deposit and a month's advance. He also explained the rules to her. "The living room, the kitchen and the dining room is a shared space, so we also have schedules in cleaning it. You can store your food on the ref, and cook. If you want to bring home a boyfriend or a girlfriend, let us know. Also, make sure you hang an umbrella by your door so we know not to disturb you and your companion." Ben said. Pets nodded his head. "Weird rule, but OK." she said. "Also, we share the bill equally on top of the rent. So that would be the lights, the electricity, the internet, the cable..." Ben said. Pets nodded her head again. "Clear." she said. 

 

After Pets made her payment and signed the contract with him, Ben handed her the key to her room. "Welcome to our apartment!" Ben told her. "Thanks." she said. "Oh, we have a few furniture and things at the attic, if you want I can let you use it for now." Ben said. "I think this will do for now." Pets told him. 

 

"So, I'll let you rest for now. Later on, you'll get to meet the rest of the gang, all right?" Ben told her. "Thanks. I still have a jet lag from my flight..." she said as she rubbed her nape. Ben was surprised at what she said. "Oh, I didn't know. Then sleep all you want. I'll introduce you to the rest of the guys when you're fully rested, all right?" Ben said. Pets nodded her head. After Ben left, she decided to sleep. 

 

--

 

"Aren't you going to stay a while?" 

 

Sam asked as he watched the girl in front of him get dressed. "I can't. I still have work tomorrow." the girl told him. Sam let out a pout. The girl let out a flirty smile. After she got dressed, she walked up to him, and gave him a peck on the lips. "But I'm free tomorrow. Just call me so we can play again, all right?" she said. Sam just smiled at her. "Oh, I sure will." he told her. 

 

The girl said goodbye to him, and Sam went back to sleeping. An hour into dozing off, and he heard his neighbors shouting, making him annoyed. "What the heck!" he thought as he sat up. Then, he smelled something burning. "What's that? Is someone barbecuing at a time like this?" he thought. 

 

He stood up, and got dressed. When he looked outside the window, he saw his neighbors scrambling, carrying their things away. "Fire!" he heard someone shout. He looked at his next door neighbor, and saw it has caught fire. "!" he muttered as he panicked. 

 

He immediately got all the things he could - important documents, his clothes, his precious gadgets, and evacuated the apartment. He put everything in his car, and drove the car away from the house. He was about to run back inside to take more things, but before he knew it, his apartment also got caught in the fire. "Oh no!" he thought as he watched his apartment burn. He could only watch helplessly as everything burn into ashes. 

 

--

 

"So, you found a new roommate?" Wayne asked Ben as they were having dinner that evening. "But the guy's sleeping, so let's not disturb him for now." Ben told them. "What's his name?" Aaron asked him. "Pets." Ben said. 

 

Ben hid the fact that the new roommate is a girl, or rather, a boy trapped inside a girl's body. After all, he's desperate for profit. "Pets is a weird name." Aaron said. Wayne nodded in agreement. "Sure is. Where did this guy came from again?" Aaron asked. "She - I mean, he just came from Canada, so he had a jet lag." Ben said. 

 

"Speaking of Canada... hey, Aaron. I heard Pei Ci is coming back here." Wayne told Aaron. Aaron paused, and looked at Wayne. "You're kidding me!" Aaron said in a surprised tone. "No, I'm not. Diana told me. I'm not sure when she will arrive." Wayne told him. 

 

Aaron smiled secretly. "I'm going to see her again!" he thought. "Who is this Pei Ci?" Ben asked. "Ah, Pei Ci is an old friend back in high school. And she's a he actually. She's a girl, but also likes girls." Wayne said. Ben nodded his head in understanding. "Ah, just like Pets..." he mumbled in a low voice. 

 

Then, they heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" Wayne volunteered. Wayne rushed to the door, and opened it. He was surprised to see Sam in their apartment. His clothes were disheveled, as if he had no time to fix himself up to come to him. "Sam, what happened?" Wayne asked. "My apartment burned down." Sam whined. 

 

Wayne felt sorry for his friend upon hearing that. He could see how dazed Sam is after what happened. "Get in first. Tell me all about it." Wayne said as pulled Sam in. Sam and him sat on the couch, as Sam told him what happened. "Apparently my neighbor forgot to turn out a candle after their y time, so the whole apartment got burned down. It was a good think I woke up, and I was able to get all of the important things, but the problem is, I have no place to stay..." Sam said. 

 

Ben heard what Sam said, and before they knew it, Ben popped behind Wayne and Sam. "You're in luck! We have a spare room to rent!" Ben told them. Wayne and Sam almost jumped from their seat after what Ben did. "You're going to give us a heart attack!" Wayne told him. 

 

"Really?" Sam asked Ben. Ben nodded his head. "If you don't mind staying in a small room..." Ben said. Sam smiled at him. "I don't mind. As long as I get my privacy. I'll take the room!" Sam told him. Meanwhile, Aaron was watching the three. He let out a sigh as he shook his head. "Something tells me, this is going to be interesting..." he said to himself before finishing his dinner. 

 

--

 

It was morning the next day when Pets woke up. "That was a good sleep..." she said to herself as she stretched her arms. She slept the whole day, and now she's even more refreshed. Then, she felt her stomach growl. Pets paused for a while as she looked down at her tummy. "Hungry..." she thought. She realized she brought some snacks from Canada, especially her favorite blueberry bagel. She stood up from her, and opened her luggage. and took a bag of bagel from inside. After devouring a piece of bagel, she decided to head out to get something to drink. 

 

At the same time, Sam also woke up. He was having a hard time sleeping, since he's still not used to his new house. "Ah, maybe I need to take a shower... or a breakfast... or whatever." he thought as he decided to get out of his room. He was only wearing his boxer shorts when he came out. At the same time, Pets also came out of the room. When they saw each other, they stared at each other's face for a while. 

 

"I think I've seen this guy before..." Pets thought as she looked at Sam. "This girl looks familiar..." Sam thought to himself. Then, Pets realized Sam is only wearing his boxers shorts. She shrieked as she covered her eyes. "ert!" Pets told him. Then, it hit Sam. He finally remembered who she is. "Creature!" Sam looked at her angrily. That triggered a not so good memory for Pets. The only person who calls him creature is Sylvia's ert of an ex-boyfriend. "Wait... don't tell me, he's..." she thought. She slowly opened her eyes, and glared at him. "I knew you have always been a ert!" Pets shouted at him. 

 

Pets' shriek a while ago has woken up both Wayne and Aaron. "Weird, is there a girl here?" Aaron thought as he sat up on his bed. "Is that a girl's shriek?" Wayne thought as stared on his door. Both Aaron and Wayne got out of their room, to see Pets and Sam glaring at each other. 

 

"What are you doing here, you creature?!" Sam shouted at Pets. "I live here, you ert! And don't you have any manners?! Get some clothes on!" Pets shouted angrily at him. Aaron and Wayne looked at Sam, then looked at Pets. Both of them were surprised to see Pets. "Pei Ci?!" Aaron and Wayne exclaimed in disbelief. "What are you doing here?" Wayne asked her. Pets looked at Wayne's direction, and was surprised to see him. "I rent that room, you live here too?" Pets asked him as she pointed to her room. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

Meanwhile, Aaron just kept on staring at Pets. He can't believe his luck. It seems like all deities took pity at him, and brought him closer to the girl he had a crush on since high school. "Pei Ci..." Aaron said dreamily as he smiled at her. Wayne saw the happy look on Aaron's face making him wonder what happened to him. Pets look at Aaron with confusion. "You live here too?" Pets asked. Aaron nodded his head. 

 

Shortly after, Ben woke up, and saw the four of them in the living room. "What's happening?" he asked as he yawned. Wayne gave him a disappointed look. "Why do we have a girl roommate?" he asked him. "Why are you so discriminating?" Pets shot at Wayne. Sam looked at Ben angrily. "Look. If that creature is staying, I'm leaving." Sam said. "Me too. I'm moving out if that ert stays." Pets said. Both Aaron and Ben's eyes widened upon hearing that. "No!" both of them shouted, making the three confused. 

 

"I mean, maybe we can work something out without anyone leaving, right?" Aaron said. Ben nodded in agreement. "Yeah. And we badly need roommates, all right? Please don't leave." Ben pleaded the two. Then, something came into Ben's mind. "Wait..." he said as he looked at Sam and then Pets. "You two knew each other?" Ben asked. Sam nodded his head as he glared angrily at Pets. "She is my worst nightmare." he told Ben. "And he is the most erted person I've ever met." Pets said. Aaron just stared at Pets as he smiled. "And she's my dream girl..." he muttered under his breath. Wayne looked at Aaron with confusion. "What did you say, Aaron?" Wayne asked. Aaron got taken aback, and shook his head. "Nothing. I was just about to say both of them were our schoolmates. Right?" Aaron said. 

 

Ben folded his arms as he sighed. "Let's try to sort it out, all right. Meeting at the dining room." Ben told all of them. They all followed Ben at the dining room, and huddled on the table. "OK, here's the thing. If you guys want to leave, I can't give you the payment since I already paid the bills  and the rent to this apartment." Ben said. Both Aaron and Wayne were surprised at what Ben said. Then, Aaron hit Ben on the head, making the latter flinch. "Xiao Le, you own this apartment." Aaron reminded him. Ben rolled his eyes at him. "The thing is, we already made a contract, right?" Ben said. Pets and Sam both nodded their heads. "And both of you have no place to stay, right?" Ben asked again. Sam and Pets nodded their heads again. "Then, just endure this for a while, can you do that for me?" Ben said. 

 

"And besides, Sam will always be out, so I don't think you two would interact most of the time." Wayne said. Aaron nodded in agreement. "Pei Ci, please don't leave... please?" Aaron pleaded her. Wayne gave Aaron a confused look. He didn't know why Aaron wanted Pets to stay. "Maybe it's because they got close before..." Wayne thought. Pets let out a sigh. "All right. I'll stay. As long as I don't get to see that ert." Pets said as she shot a glare at Sam. Aaron let out a sigh of relief upon hearing that. "I'm staying as long as I don't get to interact with that creature." Sam said. "We can work on that!" Ben said. 

 

Wayne just let out a sigh as he looked at both Pets and Sam. "Oh, boy..." he thought. Aaron let out a smile. "This is really going to be interesting." he said as he looked at Pets' direction.