Episode 02 - The Brokenhearted Guy

Me And The Twins Next Door

"Aaron? Aaron?" 

 

Ben looked at Aaron, who was lying on his stomach on the sofa, and looking dazed on the wall. "Aaron, please say something..." Ben said worriedly as he shook him. At that moment, Wayne got out of his room. He noticed the frantic look on Ben's face. "What's wrong with Aaron?" Wayne asked. "I don't know. He's been like that when I woke up." Ben told him. 

 

Wayne walked towards them, and saw Aaron staring blankly on the wall. "Aaron? What's wrong?" Wayne asked. They could hear him mumbling, but they could not understand the word he says. "I think he's gone crazy." Ben told Wayne. 

 

Wayne shook his head. "I don't think so!" he said. He shook Aaron to wake him up from his state, but nothing happened. He let out a sigh. "Is Aaron always like this when he's brokenhearted?" he asked Ben. Ben sighed as he nodded his head. "It's worse this time. Gui Gui ran away with Nick." Ben said. 

 

Wayne gasped upon hearing what he said. "That's why Nick hasn't been coming home since Friday!" he said. Ben nodded his head. "Nick? Gui Gui?" Aaron finally managed to say. Then, he cried out loud. So loud, that Wayne and Ben thought they're going to be deaf. "Aiyo, Aaron, stop it please..." Ben told him. 

 

A few days ago, Aaron found out that his girlfriend and his best friend were hooking up behind his back. Although he had forgiven the two, the two decided to run away from everyone, leaving Aaron brokenhearted. "I would be brokenhearted too if my honey toast would run away with another guy too. I'm lucky Diana stuck with me." Wayne told Ben as they walked towards the kitchen. "Some are lucky in love. Some are not. For example, our good friend." Ben said, pointing at Aaron, who was still lying on the couch. 

 

Then, Wayne's phone rang. He took his phone, and saw Diana's name flashing on the screen. "Uh-oh, I'm late for my date with Diana. Can you handle Aaron on your own?" Wayne asked him. Ben nodded his head. "Go and have a date with her, it's been a long time since you two saw each other right? But don't bring her here for now because it might trigger some memories for Aaron." Ben told him. Wayne nodded his head. 

 

Wayne answered her girlfriend's call. "Hey, Diana? I'm on my way. Just had a little trouble here at the apartment. I'll meet you at the station? All right then. Bye! I love you!" Wayne said over the phone. After ending the call, he looked at Ben. "Go now. I'll handle Aaron. And Oh, maybe you and Diana knows someone who's looking for a place to live? I've decided to rent out Nick's room. I don't think he'll be coming back after what he have done to Aaron. And we still need to rent out Steven's old room." Ben said with a sigh. "All right, we'll ask around. I'll go ahead." Wayne told him before leaving. 

 

After Wayne left, Ben looked at his brokenhearted friend. "What will I do to you right now?" he said as he shook his head. He have no choice but to deal with Aaron for now. 

 

--

 

Wayne ran as fast as he could, and the moment he found Diana, he bowed before her. "I'm sorry for being late, honey toast! There was a problem back at the apartment and I had to help Ben." he said. Diana looked at her boyfriend, and smiled. "Its all right, cinnamon roll. I just arrived, so you're not really late." Diana said. Wayne let out a sigh of relief. When they're out on a date, he didn't want to keep her waiting. 

 

"So, what happened?" Diana asked as they were walking. "It's Aaron. He got brokenhearted again. His ex-girlfriend ran away with his best friend." Wayne explained. "That hurts. You know, good thing, Wes is in Australia, or you might run away with him." she . Wayne sweat dropped at her girlfriend's joke. "Diana!" he shouted, making Diana just laugh. "How are you and Fei Fei?" Wayne asked her. "School is fine. Fei Fei's fine too. She's in Japan now for her five-month internship at a restaurant there." Diana explained. 

 

Wayne let out a sigh. "Does Zheng know this? I'm sorry, I haven't caught up with anyone of them, I'm too swamped with school works." he said. His girlfriend nodded her head. "Wes was the first one to know about the internship. And of course, he would allow her, as if he have a choice." Diana said. Wayne just nodded her head. "Oh, and by the way, Pei Ci called me." Diana said. Wayne paused, and looked at her. "Pei Ci? Wow, she's still alive?" he asked. Diana nodded her head as she laughed. "She was asking if I know a place where she could stay. She's coming home a week from now. Maybe you know a place near your school?" Diana asked. Wayne nodded his head. "I'll ask around, don't worry." Wayne told her. 

 

Then, Diana noticed the pout on Wayne's face. "Why that face? Don't tell me, you're still jealous of Pei Ci?" Diana asked. "Come on, honey toast. Don't you remember? She had a crush on you and Fei Fei back then. And you are so close to her." Wayne said. Diana laughed at how jealous her boyfriend is. "Xiao Jin... don't be jealous of her. You're the only person I love." she assured her. Wayne gave her a stern look. "Don't flirt with her when she comes back." Wayne told her. Diana nodded her head as she laughed. 

 

--

 

"Aaron Yan Ya Lun! You need to get out of your room!"

 

Ben shouted as he banged on Aaron's door. Ben let out a sigh as he finally gave up.  He put his hands on his waist, and looked at Wayne. "Did he kill himself?"  Wayne asked worriedly. "If he killed himself, I won't be hearing him sob like a little girl that got her lollipop taken away!" Ben sarcastically. Wayne let out a sigh. "But it's been two days since we last saw him out of the room!" Wayne said,

 

"I give up. Why don't you give it a try..." Ben said, stepping away from the door. Wayne walked in front of the door, and knocked. "Ya Lun? Are you OK?" Wayne asked as he knocked. There was no reply from him. Wayne knocked again. "Ya Lun..." Wayne called him again. 

 

Meanwhile, inside his room, Aaron is sitting by the floor. He  was staring at his picture with his ex-girlfriend as he drank beer. "Why? How could you leave me, Gui Gui?" he asked. He heard the knock on the door, but he chose to ignore his worried roommates. All he wants right now is to be alone in his misery. 

 

He's still trying to figure out why Gui Gui left him. He did everything for her, but in the end, she left him to be with another guy. Actually, all of his relationships end that way. The girl always leaves him for another guy. Except back in high school, when his ex-girlfriend left him to date another girl. 

 

"Am I not enough?" he asked himself as he downed his can of beer in one go. "Why do the girls I love always leave me?" he asked himself again. He threw the empty can on the door after hearing his room mates knock for the nth time. He just wanted to be alone, but kept on pestering him. "Leave me alone!" he shouted at them. 

 

He leaned at the edge of his bed, and closed his eyes. As he almost fell asleep, a flash of memory came to him - it's the memory of a short-haired girl in a short pink bridesmaid gown smiling at him. He suddenly opened his eyes, when he remembered her. 

 

"Pei Ci..." he thought. Then, he saw a box in front of him. He crawled to it, and took out it's content, until he saw a framed picture of him, and the short haired girl. He smiled to himself as he looked at their picture together. 

 

He suddenly remembered his old friend. He remembered being mad at her because she dated Jenna shortly after the latter broke up with him. When he confronted her about it, Pei Ci was the one who pointed out to him what he did wrong during their relationship. That was a big wake up call to him, making him realize he should not take his girlfriend for granted. 

 

But seeing Pei Ci for the first time that day, he knew he felt something for her. And confirmed his feelings towards her as he watches her everyday. Beyond her tough exterior and boyish look, he had fallen in love with her. 

 

Especially after seeing her during the wedding, where Wes and Dylan asked him to be a pianist. Not only was she pretty that day, he realized she had a voice of an angel. After that, the two became close. But that closeness got cut short when she had to go back to Canada. But he told her a promise before she left. 

 

"And when we meet again, I'll court you..." he told her the last time they saw each other. 

 

For the first time in the last 5 days, 13 hours, 20 minutes and 43 seconds, he finally smiled. "When will I see you again, Pei Ci?" he thought.